IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Any help here would be greatly appreciated! - Whitley

whitley abbey

Hi Whitley!

At least you are down to five entries now!:smile: This is a nasty one!:-(

I believe Okie means to support Enoskype's recomendation to look to the other two sites he provided links to as well. As a support forum for Iobit products it is necessary to direct to outside sources to help provide solutions sometimes! Keep on... you are making progress!!!

-Sincerely Mel:smile:

Encouragement and clarification is help! I have freely admitted this is a difficult infection, brought it to attention, helped move it from an obscure location, informed the original poster of the new location, and now offer all that I have left... encouragement and clarification!!! If that is not help then I don't know what help is!?

At least you are down to five entries now!:smile: This is a nasty one!:-(

I believe Okie means to support Enoskype's recomendation to look to the other two sites he provided links to as well. As a support forum for Iobit products it is necessary to direct to outside sources to help provide solutions sometimes! Keep on... you are making progress!!!

-Sincerely Mel:smile:

I have registered at TSF to see if they have any ideas.

Hi Okie,

I can not be online on the Forum all the time, and any help from members are welcomed.

It is good help we are getting from our fellow members like yourself and Melvin_Deal, and this greatly reduces the burden on us.

Also it is not possible for us to know everything and the help is greatly appreciated.

The virus infection of a PC is a complicated matter and it is better for the victims to look for a solution in specialized web sites.

Here in IObit Forum, there is nobody that I know of to lead a virus victim with step by step solution.

The virus in concern, being a backdoor rootkit, is a nasty one as Mel points out and outside help will be needed.

If we could have used Remote Control softwares such as Team Viewer, the cleaning would have been much more easy.

In any case, it really needs to spare quite a lot of time even for one infected PC, as it needs many posts, attachments, reattachments and many replies.

Thank you and whitley abbey for the understanding.

Cheers my friend.

Gary the great.

Please stay tuned Okie, even only your screenshots are invaluable apart from the solutions you point out in this Forum, forgeting about the Backup.

I agree with you that sometimes advices coming from different sources are confusing, but aren't we all doing that in the search of help to members asking for help?

I want to see you both here and at the truck.:grin:

Be well my friend.

Please stay tuned Okie, even only your screenshots are invaluable apart from the solutions you point out in this Forum, forgeting about the Backup.

I agree with you that sometimes advices coming from different sources are confusing, but aren't we all doing that in the search of help to members asking for help?

I want to see you both here and at the truck.:grin:

Be well my friend.

After a frantic few days, it looks as if I have finally eradicated the tenacious trojan. I can't thank you guys enough for the help freely given. I had read so many forum posts looking for an answer, most of them contradictory and unhelpful.

I ran both scans, but the trojan came back again, so, in desperation, I ran both scans together and that seemed to work. I got the impresion, rightly or wrongly, that each scan left a bit of the trojan behind, but boths scans together got all of it. That might be a load of bull****, but at least the trojan has now gone.

Many thanks to you all for the help, patience and support.

W.A

Hi witley abbey,

I am glad you got rid of that nasty virus, but please disable your System Restore to get rid of all the System Restore Points and then enable it again to create a clean Restore Point.

Do not forget to update your Adobe 5.0 to Adobe Reader 9.3, as the old versions had vulnarabilities.

To be sure that you have the latest version of Java , download and install Java version 1.6.0_18 and use JavaRa to get rid of the old clutters of Java after uninstalling old java versions.

Cheers.

Hi witley abbey,

I am glad you got rid of that nasty virus, but please disable your System Restore to get rid of all the System Restore Points and then enable it again to create a clean Restore Point.

Do not forget to update your Adobe 5.0 to Adobe Reader 9.3, as the old versions had vulnarabilities.

To be sure that you have the latest version of Java , download and install Java version 1.6.0_18 and use JavaRa to get rid of the old clutters of Java after uninstalling old java versions.

Cheers.

Thanks for your latest advice Enoskype. I am downloading the three programs as I type. I have tried on and off for some time now to update adobe from their own site, but everytime I tried I got some sort or error message. In the end I gave up. Downloading from the Major Geeks site seems to work OK. I will have to bookmark that site.

Happy for trojan resolution!!

:grin: Hi Whitley_Abbey! I'm happy the trojan is removed!! Glad to be of what limited assistance I could be... I knew immediately it was a bad one and did what I could.

Thank you for the PM!!

whitley abbey

Re: Please don't be confused or offended!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mel, I want to thank you for all of the help and support you have me over the last few days. I have finally eradicated that trojan, although I am not too sure how.

Neither one of the two programs suggested by Enoskype worked on their own, but running the two scans in tandem got rid of all parts of the trojan. It seemed to me that each program left part of the trojan behind so it could re-establish itself again.

I have scanned my PC several times now and each result comes back clean.

I am a moderator on a sports website in the UK and I am only too aware that the meaning and tone of what is written is often easily misunderstood and can cause friction.

Once again, many thanks for your time and support, is is greatky appreciated.

Richard (Whitley Abbey)

Archived