IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Iobit sercurity 360, 3rd worst dowload of '09

mkenshin10

Hi mkenshin10!

I watched the Cnet video.

There is a definite misrepresentation in the summary.

Iobit has never blamed its users for the issue...

Iobit has accepted that by the submission policy they had, ANYBODY was allowed to submit samples to them and that they weren't careful enough in screening them.

Anybody... not their own users! If anybody can download a software(for free), than anyboody can be a 360 user, and anybody can report/submit samples by old Iobit policy!!!

This was a misrepresentation.

You can see the Iobit blog also.

Thank you for your post!!!

-Mel

Good Point

But then what would you expect from an organization that continues to rate Norton as the #1 security program, year after year after year.....Opinions are like a%%holes-everybody has one.Only difference is CNET's are paid for...or was that PC Mag :-? Well,you get the point.

Agreed

Most,if not all of those ratings are bought and paid for.I think users need to try different programs to see which protects them best.We don't all surf the web the same way,so what's good for me may not be good for you,and the reverse.GOTD will offer up Online Armor++ on Friday if anyone would like to try it.

The problem was - to be precise - that IObit was accused of using (without proper authorisation) the database of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) in IObit Security 360. One line of defense was that users did submit threats that were not entirely above board. That is what the video is about.

But all that is now beside the point: the question is if Iobit creates good programs. The answer is a very personal one.

Merged thread

IOBit takes 3rd place in the top 5 worst downloads of 2009

Why????? :roll:

Welcome to the forum IoBiFans :smile:

I merged your new thread with this one to keep the forum organized.

Also there is already feedback here :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived