IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

[UltimateBoot CD] How to format from msdos??

blacksea

Hi blacksea

Ha-ha :-) You must be pulling our legs

Try Start/Help&Support then write dos in the search line there and read about the commandprompt and how to use chdir /? and which commands to use.

Regarding your Notepad I suspect that you have at one time installed another Notepad (Notebook) and accepted that the new one should be your default one, and then perhaps partly deleted the Notebook you had downloaded??

Please when asking for help give as much information as possible in the first post, thank you!

Cheers

solbjerg

I would like to know, how to format my laptop, without installing any windows on it. I think I have to do it with msdos, but I don't know how to get there.

Blacksea.

Hi blacksea

Ha-ha :-) You must be pulling our legs

Try Start/Help&Support then write dos in the search line there and read about the commandprompt and how to use chdir /? and which commands to use.

Regarding your Notepad I suspect that you have at one time installed another Notepad (Notebook) and accepted that the new one should be your default one, and then perhaps partly deleted the Notebook you had downloaded??

Please when asking for help give as much information as possible in the first post, thank you!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

I'm sorry for this and please don't get me wrong. Don't think I'm handing over my problems to you. But the reason why I posted an other threat after the 'notepad' problem, was that I told my older brother about it, that there are many lovely people who were helping me when I stumbled a problem.

And yesterday his laptop crashed and couldn't get in to his windows. So My brother asked if I was kindly enough to ask them if one of them would know how to format a laptop from msdos. Because he couldn't get into windows.

Acer 2920G

Dual core 2.0Gz

220 GB hard disk

Vga graphic card up to 385 mb.

Blacksea

Hi melvin!

Well he actually did. All his school documents were lost and many other things. He learned his lessons and he will now take a image backup and so do I, if I will be experiencing the same problem. HOPE not !

Cheers

Blacksea

I hope you will advise your brother on how to best protect his system in the future!?

I hope he did not lose all his personal files.:sad:

Backup all!!

Hi Blacksea!

That is most unfortunate!!!

There must be a stand alone image as well as the built in MS functions!

Did he create no stand alone DVD/CD's either??? Any data there? Perhaps some personal data can be reclaimed that way!!!

I hope!!:neutral:

I mean, an external hard drive with whats most important standing independently will prevent this in the future. The loss is in the data, not the system. External HD's big enough to store backups and images are cheap!

-Mel

Archived