IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How to insert a cookie

nanz59

Maybe if you can tell us the circiumstances as to which you need the cookie restored, we might be able to assist you better.

But for the bleak information that you did give, system restore should be able to restore the cookie, as far as i know.

Hi

Additionally I think that a temporary close down of automatic functions and an opening of the site that leaves you that cookie will put it back, then you open the tools and the ignore list and look at the cookies shown there, - place the one you want to keep in the ignore list - and all should be ok.

Then restore the automatic function if you wish.

Cheers

solbjerg

Maybe if you can tell us the circiumstances as to which you need the cookie restored, we might be able to assist you better.

But for the bleak information that you did give, system restore should be able to restore the cookie, as far as i know.

How to insert a cookie

Hi

Additionally I think that a temporary close down of automatic functions and an opening of the site that leaves you that cookie will put it back, then you open the tools and the ignore list and look at the cookies shown there, - place the one you want to keep in the ignore list - and all should be ok.

Then restore the automatic function if you wish.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the help. The situation is bleak for me. There are no restore points that old, and it is a financial site. It gives me a message that cookies are not enabled when they are. I have put the cookie in the ignore list in tools. I don't understand "automatic functions." Can I still try that after all I have tried?

Thanks

Nanz59

Browser ?

Thanks for the help. The situation is bleak for me. There are no restore points that old, and it is a financial site. It gives me a message that cookies are not enabled when they are. I have put the cookie in the ignore list in tools. I don't understand "automatic functions." Can I still try that after all I have tried?

Thanks

Nanz59

What browser are you using ?

Do you remember your member name and password for this financial site ?

If you don't remember, don't try this

If you do remember, read on.

Note: The following will delete all cookies and you will need to sign in again at all sites, this is why I asked if you remember your member name and password

"It gives me a message that cookies are not enabled when they are"

If you are sure they are enabled then this message often means a corruption in the browser cookie database, the easiest and quickest fix is to clear the browser cookie database and start anew.

You should be able to do this within your browser.

EG: FireFox Options > Privacy > Clear History when FireFox closes > Settings

I can select to clear all cookies when I close FireFox.

I would:

• Select this Option

• Close FireFox (all cookies are cleared)

• Launch FireFox

• Change the Option back to what I prefer

• Go to the website and log-in

If you use a diiferent browser the path will be different but I am sure the option to clear cookies will be somewhere in the Menu

If the option to clear the cookies is a manual one (click a button) you should still restart (exit then launch) your browser after you clear the cookies, this will complete the process

Good luck :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

How to insert a cookie

Thanks for all your help. I do remember the user name, etc. I have IE8 and have not been happy with it. I just installed Firefox and logged right in to my account. I need a new start anyway.

So far I am quite happy. I like ASC and really like the fast and great responses on this forum.

nanz59 :-D

Archived