IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't update

luckyvic

Hi luckyvic.

Close the 360 application and hit the update button at the top again!

Does it time out? On the update?

And are you running the version 1.4? If not get it.

-Mel

I can give you the link if need be.

PS There are two spots to hit the update link in 360. Did you try them both? (After closing and reopening the 360 application, I mean, of course)

Hi luckyvic

please - are you running pro or free ?

Automatic update could perhaps make manual update superfluous?

If you have updated over the top for a while, - you could try a clean install.

Another possibility could be your firewall blocking - or recent security updates having changed the settings in services.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yeah, I'm running 1.40, tried both spots and right-click on icon in taskbar. No time-out, no nothing, no luck.

hi luckyvic

Thanks for your feedback!!!

Glad that solved it, even though we don't then know what the specific problem was. :-)

But probably was some leftovers from previous installs that messed up that function somehow.

The easiest remedy in those situations is often the mother of all repair - a clean install :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Free. I did a clean install and update is working. Thanks!!

When you hit check for update.

Sometimes when I hit check for update in ASC, the live update opens only as a tab, and I can see it at the bottom of the screen. I then have to click on it to view the whole window. Is it maybe just opening as a tab and you didn't notice it??

Just a thought!

-Mel

hi luckyvic

What does it say about the program in your firewall - is it unblocked?

What does it say about the program in your services?

Have you checked that?

I always download the program/save it to my computer, right click the install file and remove the blocking before I install it.

I know that sometimes the firewall "forgets" to ask you if you want to allow the program.

A chkdsk can sometimes rectify that.

Cheers

solbjerg

Nope, nothing happens. I can't use the options in Utilities->Tuneup/Security/Admin Tools. Something very funky has happened here.

Perhaps the same solution.

Perhaps the same solution of a clean install like you did with 360 may work. Although it seems odd to simultaneously have these problems with Iobit products. Are you having any difficulties with any other non Iobit softwares?

-Mel

Peace, Prosperity, and Longevity to all!

Hi guys,

I think Fred is on the right track for the updates.

Although it is a matter of seconds to find out, I will not give the last octet of the IP addresses for security reasons, but they are very close indeed.

That doesn't mean that they are on the same server though. But I really doubt the first two.

FYI:

IP of Forum address: 174.37.22.xxx

IP of IS360 update address: 174.37.22.xxx

IP of ASC News address: 174.37.22.xxx

IP of ASC Update address: 174.37.22.xxx

IP of IObit web address: 174.37.22.xxx

Cheers.

Aye Enoskype!

This is truly useful and informative information!!! But I have little understanding here, and I'm not going down the bunny trail again, as I'm not skilled enough.

I am not understanding how it relates to Luckyvics problem in that he cannot utilize the utilities at all. Unless the downloaded installation file was corrupted from the host server during the download... In both of the cases, 360 and ASC. That would seem to be too much coincidence unless the files were downloaded simultaneously, or happened by chance at a moment, of glitch in the server.

I also believe fred is onto something in the attacks on the server(or servers). It just seems too improbable that luckyvics applications could be simultaneously corrupted??

I freely admit I have a lack of understanding here and will learn a great deal from this. The IP addresses you have listed answer many questions in my mind. Thank you Enoskype:-D!!!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Peace, Prosperity, and Longevity to all!!

Archived