IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Missing IS60 icon in systray

djmc

Hi djmc

just a few questions please :-)

Have you checked your options/settings? :-) refreshed them perhaps?

Is it in the tray - but just hidden?

What sort of install did you run - over the top?

Which OS are we talking about?

Cheers

solbjerg

The IS360 systray icon has stopping loading into the systray on my computers. It seems to have started doing this since the update from v1.3 to v1.4.

Hi djmc

May i suggest trying a "Clean Install"

Description on that procedure can be found in Usage of IObit Products in the lounge section.

Essentially uninstall program - delete program folder - install newest version of program.

Cheers

solbjerg

I checked my settings; unchanged from default settings.

I have checked the tray props; setting is "no hidden icons".

V1.4 was installed over v1.3 on both.

OS is XP Pro on both the desktop and laptop.

Actually since I was here last, I had already un-installed the program, deleted the program folder, and re-installed the program after I found the problem was only on the laptop; the desktop is actually working correctly.

As that again didn't help, I have now followed your advice and consulted the Usage of IObit Products in the lounge section. However even after following the instructions and running BitRemover.exe, I still have the same problem. The icon was in the system tray after install but failed to show after re-boot.

Hi djmc

Sounds like the settings is the culprit I think.

Try refreshing the setting to have it in the tray - untick it first - the tick it again - sometimes works :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Actually since I was here last, I had already un-installed the program, deleted the program folder, and re-installed the program after I found the problem was only on the laptop; the desktop is actually working correctly.

As that again didn't help, I have now followed your advice and consulted the Usage of IObit Products in the lounge section. However even after following the instructions and running BitRemover.exe, I still have the same problem. The icon was in the system tray after install but failed to show after re-boot.

All fixed. I was editing the registry start-up items and realised that there were other omissions.

I had made a stupid mistake of not noticing that IS360 wasn't the only icon that was missing.

I have a work-around.

I went into Services via Administrative Tools.

Changed Universal Plug & Play Device Host and SSDP discovery service from manual start to disabled.

Missing icons are back.

Thanks for your feedback djmc!!

Interesting - good of you to leave your work-around.

Cheers

solbjerg

All fixed. I was editing the registry start-up items and realised that there were other omissions.

I had made a stupid mistake of not noticing that IS360 wasn't the only icon that was missing.

I have a work-around.

I went into Services via Administrative Tools.

Changed Universal Plug & Play Device Host and SSDP discovery service from manual start to disabled.

Missing icons are back.

Edit: Looks like you got it working already =)

Hey djmc,

I had the exact same problem, but it's working completely fine right now.

I assume you are running Windows 7. (Dunno if it's 32/64 bits)

1) Open Task Manager > End Process both "is360.exe" & "is360tray.exe"

2) Reopen IObit Security 360

3) Go to "Settings" > Uncheck "Execute at Windows Startup" > "Apply & OK"

4) Restart computer

5) Open IObit Security 360 again.

6) Check "Execute at Windows Startup" > Apply & OK"

7) Now it should work.... (Restart your comp again to test it)

Is this a Desktop or Laptop?

if it's a Laptop:

- When you close your computer at night, you plug your adopter right?

and Do you have a Battery in the laptop?

Because not having battery, and unplugging power after it's shutdown. You will still lose some settings. :? (For me at least... dunno why) lol

Hope that helps!!

Cheers.

Archived