IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

iobitupdate.exe

lemondrouge

Hi everyone,

When my daily automatic update start, it takes 99% of my CPU process and spins for minutes without any result. I use to cancel the task iobitupdate.exe form the task manager. If I do a manual update, it take lest than 30 seconds. I did not change any setting in my windows XP firewall or in my Avira antivirus software.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Hi lemondrouge!

I would try a clean install of the newest version of ASC, released today. You can find it here!! http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=5872

Also you can disable the automatic updater using the options tab at the top of the ASC window. Under options, on the left side of the screen, choose update, then select check for updates when program starts.

For instructions on how to do a clean install, you can read the thread connected by the link "Usage of Iobit Products" located in my signature.

I recommend the Revo uninstaller to remove the old version of ASC. You can get the free version of REVO here: http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html Use the Advanced mode to hunt down all registry traces/remnants.

Make sure to delete the program file after you run Revo.

Then install new version of ASC.

Hope this helps!!!:-D

Hi lemondrouge

Please what are your settings?

Also which version are you using?

What OS? (Operating System)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi everyone,

When my daily automatic update start, it takes 99% of my CPU process and spins for minutes without any result. I use to cancel the task iobitupdate.exe form the task manager. If I do a manual update, it take lest than 30 seconds. I did not change any setting in my windows XP firewall or in my Avira antivirus software.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Hi lemondrouge

Sorry I had SmartDefrag in my head when I wrote you at first.

Try going with Melvin's suggestion.

For your information the updating of ASC doesn't happen all that often.

One possibility is for you to check if your services is configured right.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, I'm using ASC PRO v 3.4.1

My setting are the default and I'm running Windows XP.

Hi lemondrouge

One possibility is for you to check if your services is configured right.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank you Solbjerg,

what are the services to check and what should be their setting?

I just did a complete uninstall and reinstall the 3.5 release with the default setting.

I'll keep you posted is the problem occurs again.

Thank you for your help!

LeMondRouge

Hi lemondrouge

There is a link to the "blackviper" site in Usage of IObit Programs

Please try to take a look at the different recommandations there for services settings - they are usually explained very diligently.

Did the "Clean Install" take care of your problem?

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank you Solbjerg,

what are the services to check and what should be their setting?

I just did a complete uninstall and reinstall the 3.5 release with the default setting.

I'll keep you posted is the problem occurs again.

Thank you for your help!

LeMondRouge

• 1 year later...

ASC Pro 3.7.3

IObitupater started running at scheduled time (11a) and was hogging the CPU. I lowered the priority to Low rather than kill it. This solved the hogging problem, but the process itself is still running ( 7a next day) taking up any residual CPU time. I am monitoring the process in the Task Manager and noticing that no change in any of the I/O values. What actions should I take from here.

Archived