IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Odd GUI-based error?

pluemaster

This happened about a week ago. I did a complete uninstall and tried a fresh install several times afterwards, but no dice. Today I retried, but the problem still remains.

I'm running Vista 64bit. I've never tried to tamper with the skin, or anything for that matter. It just happened on a whim. Smart Defrag also had some problems as well, and therefore it was uninstalled. Has anyone encountered a problem similar to this?

Thanks.

Hi pluemaster

When you say complete uninstall, does that mean that you deleted the program folder between uninstall and installation of a fresh new copy of the latest version of the program - unblocked before install?

I think we have seen this happen a couple of times before, but I don't remember the name of the threads - sorry!

I think a "clean install" took care of it then

Please read about "clean install" in Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section.

Cheers

solbjerg

This happened about a week ago. I did a complete uninstall and tried a fresh install several times afterwards, but no dice. Today I retried, but the problem still remains.

I'm running Vista 64bit. I've never tried to tamper with the skin, or anything for that matter. It just happened on a whim. Smart Defrag also had some problems as well, and therefore it was uninstalled. Has anyone encountered a problem similar to this?

Thanks.

Hello, solbjerg. Thanks for the reply.

I've deleted all files relevant to ASC and IObit, and downloaded the BitRemover to fix the registries. I downloaded CCleaner and fixed a lot of registry issues, however I downloaded a fresh version of the ASC setup and I am now getting this error. Other things have been flaky, too, such as my Chrome not saving history anymore. Very strange. Perhaps it's time for a reformat or something of that sort.

Hi pluemaster

Did you after the uninstall of ASC delete the ASC program folder prior to Installing the ASC program again?

Concerning Chrome history - you have to configure the settings in the options in the program to your own preference.

Please read ALL of Usage of Iobit Programs before running a scan!!! ;-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello, solbjerg. Thanks for the reply.

I've deleted all files relevant to ASC and IObit, and downloaded the BitRemover to fix the registries. I downloaded CCleaner and fixed a lot of registry issues, however I downloaded a fresh version of the ASC setup and I am now getting this error. Other things have been flaky, too, such as my Chrome not saving history anymore. Very strange. Perhaps it's time for a reformat or something of that sort.

• 10 months later...

Same here

Sorry to reopen this thread but I have the same problem.

Hardware: Samsung R-580 Laptop

After the first installation the gui was scrambled. I did all the recommendations. Clean install. Use of Bitremover. I even searched every folder of the hard disk myself and also searched the registry for words like "iobit" and "awc". Everything I found, I deleted. And then I reinstalled. Same problem.

Any clues? :?

Thanks in advace,

Mars

Comments on my previous post in hope of making things a bit easier.

The laptop just came to my place and it is brand new. I am the first to turn it on and install software so:

1. There is no virus/spyware/malware or any other ...ware :)

2. I have connected it to the net once and that was to update Samsung's software and drivers (through their software) and windows (through Microsoft update). No browser ever opened.

3. I uninstalled the preinstalled version of McAfee (the laptop feels much better now) :-) and some other preinstalled crap.

The first try was ASC version 3.7.3 which had the GUI problem as I previously said. Along with that there was another problem. The GUI didn't minimize to tray when closed. After I uninstalled and deleted everything (as I described in my previous post) I reinstalled and had the same problem. After that I, once more, uninstalled and deleted everything that remained. Then, I installed the new beta version 4. The GUI started fine but there was the same problem with minimizing to system tray when closed. It minimized allright, but stayed in the taskbar as well as in the system tray (and of course the minimize to system tray option was checked ;-) ). I even tried setting the executable to starting with admin rights and WinXP SP3 compatibility mode. No change!

Is there any possibility that the problem lies to .NET Framework 4??? I don't really know if this has any truth in it, but I only have a hunch... maybe because it is the first time I install ASC on Windows 7 (with .NET Framework 4 preinstalled)...

Anyway, I hope all of this helps a bit... and let me also inform you that I can help (if I may) in the translation of your software in Greek (my native language).

Cheers and have a happy new year everyone,

Mars

McAfee cleanup

I am not sure if this will be the full solution to your problem but since you mention you uninstalled McAfee then you should read the article How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)

Follow the instructions to download and run MCPR.exe.

This will at least ensure that it is not 'remnants' of McAfee that is causing problems now and in the future :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

Yes, I know and I did that! Thanx anyway!

Everytime I uninstall something (and even more if it is software that writes itself everywhere on the hard disk) I use IOBit Uninstaller (normal uninstall and deep scan) and then I search the hard disk by hand. Last, I use a registry editor to find keywords like the name of the company, the name of the software and the name of the executable and delete the entries referring to them all. If there is a software tool to do so by the publisher of the software I use it first.

So I believe that McAfee didn't stand a chance of leaving any remnants on this laptop :lol:

Anything about my issue?

Mars

Well, seems like I have more news for you!!! Can't rest 'till I figure out why ASC is not working... :-)

So, I don't know if these are known to you but anyway here it goes...

Microsoft RADAR reports that it has detected a memory heap leak for application awc.exe and thus has created the following key in the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RADAR\HeapLeakDetection\DiagnosedApplications\AWC.exe

The key includes only the following:

"\"LastDetectionTime\"="=hex(b):80,5e,1a,7f,20,a8,cb,01,0e,66,72,6d,47,6f,74,\ 6f

Hope it helps a bit,

Mars

Net Framework

Hi Mars Engine,

Im running W7 HP 2 and it did not come with net framework, (mostly used on business apps ie joined to a domain), so if you are using it just as a Home pc u could delete it. If u need it later it wiil be on your recovery partition.

Re cleanup,

There is a slight quirk in that if you download Iobit360 before AWC, it places a

seperate AWC folder in there as well so remove/reinstall the 360 folder as well.

Roy

Thanks for the reply scrd01, but this is no small test you're asking.

At first, you must know that many Microsoft Office components work only if you have .Net Framework. This goes for many other software that are not even written to work in domains. And furthermore, any installation you make after the .Net Framework finds and uses all it's libraries and code so that if you ever try to uninstall it you may find yourself with having a bunch of unusable programs....

Heck, even the GUI of the driver of ATI video cards (ATI Catalyst) doesn't work without .Net Framework and I don't know where they use domains in that ;)

So, to uninstall .Net Framework isn't really the simplest thing and I will try it only if some tech guy from IOBit tells me that this is the solution to my problem. I may try, though, the uninstallation of .Net Framework 4 and leaving the .Net Framework 3.5 installation intact. In the meantime I use the free edition of ASC 4 beta and, as far as I have tested it, it's only problem is the "minimize to system tray when closed" option which doesn't really work (not even in Win XP SP3 compatibility mode as MSN and Skype do).

Thanx,

Mars

net framework

Hi Mars Engine,

W7 home premium is not designed for business use which is what Net framework was developed for.

As i said Net framework DID NOT come pre loaded with my PC

I've never used it on this PC,interesting that Samsung put it in on thiers

my other pc runs XP Pro which does use it, but i have removed it from that 1 as well and that works fine.

W7 pc stats

avast free home

Iobit 360

AWC4 beta (only, removed 3.7)

MS Hotmail

MS Windows live

MS Silverlight

MS SQL server

MS Snyc framework

MS auto updates -view before installation

MS Visual C++

Windows Defender

Windows Firewall

Adobe air & Flash

Malwarebytes free home

SuperAntispyware free home

Firefox, ( IE8 turned off)

NOTE THERE 2 Frameworks

Framework is a built in part off W7 NOT to be deleted

Net framework is the addon( v1 v1.1 v2 etc)

Intel pentium dual core E5300

Nvidia GForce 7100 NForce 630i (video/graphics card)

However i removed MS Office & Works from the original specs, I can get it back via the recover partition if i want to.

I have not had any problems apart from those that i have posted,(search threads scrd01).

If you want to look further into things have a look at windows7 forum its massive

Roy

Well... there goes the idea of the problem with the .Net Framework version 4.

I have installed ASC 3.7.3 successfully on an Acer Aspire 7741G with Win 7 Home Premium and Net Framework 4 Client Profile.

There are two notable differences between the two laptops. The first is that the Samsung R-580 has Win 7 Home Premium 32bit, but the Acer runs the 64bit version. The second, concerning the Net Framework, is that the Samsung has all versions of Net Framework installed, but the Acer has only the Client Profile version 4.

Another paradox is that the Add/Remove Programs of the Acer states that only the Client Profile 4 is installed, but the ATI Catalyst Control Center installed states that the Net Framework 2 is needed to run it. The thing is that it runs! I can imagine that there must be backwards compatibility between Net Framework versions, but in Win XP this is not the case!!! I installed Win XP with only Net Framework 4 on a custom PC but the Catalyst refused to run without Net Framework 2. It's a mess... :???:

Anyway, I will of course install the Net Framework 2 and 3 on the Acer, since there are older applications that still can't do without them, and see how it goes. After that the only difference, besides hardware of course, will be the 32bit and 64bit version of Win 7.

I hope, I'm not going off-topic here talking all this nonsense about Net Frameworks and stuff. If I do it would be nice if someone told me :wink:

Thanks,

Mars

Archived