IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

GB doesn't really shut some processes down

I have to manually shut some processes down,even though GB says it shuts them down.I used to run Black Viper's windows 7 safe configuration to play games,and then run his default windows 7 configuration to get back to normal..GB seems to get most processes shut down,but not all.I can get the running processes down to 27-29,but some have to be watched, as they pop back up..All my games play well,but an Alienware puter deserves most of the credit.Like the one guy posted,the task manager list is also showing just a few processes,even though I checked the show all running processes.I wish windows 7 allowed one to boot up a default or gaming configuration like XP did.So that's my take on GB,and any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hi pocatellodave

I suppose you know that you can edit the service list under Options?

What specifically are the services that you report cannot be shut down?

Cheers

solbjerg

I have to manually shut some processes down,even though GB says it shuts them down.I used to run Black Viper's windows 7 safe configuration to play games,and then run his default windows 7 configuration to get back to normal..GB seems to get most processes shut down,but not all.I can get the running processes down to 27-29,but some have to be watched, as they pop back up..All my games play well,but an Alienware puter deserves most of the credit.Like the one guy posted,the task manager list is also showing just a few processes,even though I checked the show all running processes.I wish windows 7 allowed one to boot up a default or gaming configuration like XP did.So that's my take on GB,and any suggestions will be appreciated.

The list we can edit is the services list.I 'm talking about processes.You are correct GB does get the services it has listed on the edit services option.It's really not a big deal.When I was running xp I could get processes down to 11-12.Windows 7 doesn't seem to do bad with 30 or more processes running.Thanks for your help sir!

The best way to control processes that has worked for me is in task manager set all but your vital processes to manual.But i am sure there are some that can just be turned off to.Then i use Game Booster and it works.

Archived