IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Another "Strange Security Hole"... IE 6?

Flutterby

Hello,

Running XP Home SP3

Title:

Cumulative Security Update For Internet Explorer 6 For Windows XP (KB972260)

Date: 7/28/2009 - Security Bulletin ID: MS09-034 - Size: 4839KB

* When I try to fix this security hole it asks me if I would like to install the update, so I do and then it goes on to say "Some of security holes only can be fixed after you reboot your computer" - then after I reboot and scan again it is still there. I find it odd that it's an update for Internet Explorer 6 when the version that I have but don't use is 7.

I just tried to install this update and it says "The version of Internet Explorer you have installed does not match the update you are trying to install". Ugh.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hello,

Running XP Home SP3

Title:

Cumulative Security Update For Internet Explorer 6 For Windows XP (KB972260)

Date: 7/28/2009 - Security Bulletin ID: MS09-034 - Size: 4839KB

* When I try to fix this security hole it asks me if I would like to install the update, so I do and then it goes on to say "Some of security holes only can be fixed after you reboot your computer" - then after I reboot and scan again it is still there. I find it odd that it's an update for Internet Explorer 6 when the version that I have but don't use is 7.

I just tried to install this update and it says "The version of Internet Explorer you have installed does not match the update you are trying to install". Ugh.

Anyone have any ideas?

IE6 is known to have many security issues, you should upgrade to IE8

I updated IE from 7 to 8, but I still get the same security hole.

" Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 for Windows XP (KB972260) 7/28/2009 MS09-034 4839KB "

When I try to fix this it downloads an update of sorts and tells me that some of security holes can only be fixed after you reboot your computer. However, when I do reboot my computer the security hole is not fixed.

Archived