IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Please take action immediately!!!!

garybear

Hi Gary. I may have a solution for you. A couple of months ago something went wrong when I was updating my laptop. My boot sector was completely wiped. My machine would post into nothing but a black screen. What worked for me maybe your salvation as well.

I knew that I would have to re-image my machine but I had a lot of recent stuff that I had not backed up yet that I did not want to lose. I downloaded this free Ubuntu program (http://www.ubuntu.com/) on my desktop computer and burned a start up disk. This disk can be used to boot your computer without installing any files on it. I was able to then move everything I wanted to save to an external hard drive. You can use it to delete any program's file folders as well. I highly recommend that all users burn one of these disks or thumb drives to have on hand in just such an emergency!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all my friends. You are much loved by this old bear!!

Hi friends. Thank you all for your posts and your kind offers to help myself and my Grandson in law. Every thing is cool with us; he even thinks he likes the program. He put it on a computer that my great grand son uses mostly for playing games on the internet. I don't like returnil, and it has left a very bad taste in my mouth. I might try it later, but that will only happen if recommenced by a member on this forum that I trust to tell it like it really is. My friend jjj ; that doesn't like me comparing my self to him, doesn't think very much of the program either. It was meant to be a comment JJJ. I'm sorry if it offended you. I will never compare you to my self again. I'll just say we tell it like we see it my friend. I do not regret starting this thread and I make no apologizes to IObit and their staff. IMHO they stuck a program in utilities that had not been tested and is full of serious bugs. I don't think that was the right thing to do to our forum, and I'm not backing off. Mike, you have been fair with me and I hold no hard felling toward you, but your program sucks and has a long way to go before its' added to IObit. I would suggest IObit remove Returnil until the bugs are gone and the program can be trusted and will not cause our members a lot of trouble. I doubt that IObit really gives a damn what I suggest , but old garybear tells it like I see it. I would also suggest you do a little more research before you make some of the decisions you are making. You have made some bad decisions in the past also, but I love you IObit. I'm pretty much walking on top of the world at this moment. My friends have showed their love and support for this old bear. Tears are swelling in my eyes at this moment as I type. Those that weren't there for me are still loved and those that were there; well you know how much you are loved by this old man. All is cool and now lets all move on. Thank you friends. I am a truly blessed old bear.====garybear PS Its nap time. Old bears sleep a lot!! PSS please don't dump programs on us that are not researched IObit staff!!!

Hi friend!!

Hi Gary. I may have a solution for you. A couple of months ago something went wrong when I was updating my laptop. My boot sector was completely wiped. My machine would post into nothing but a black screen. What worked for me maybe your salvation as well.

I knew that I would have to re-image my machine but I had a lot of recent stuff that I had not backed up yet that I did not want to lose. I downloaded this free Ubuntu program (http://www.ubuntu.com/) on my desktop computer and burned a start up disk. This disk can be used to boot your computer without installing any files on it. I was able to then move everything I wanted to save to an external hard drive. You can use it to delete any program's file folders as well. I highly recommend that all users burn one of these disks or thumb drives to have on hand in just such an emergency!

Hi friend. I'll check it out. Thanks===garybear

Hi enoskype!!

Hi garybear,

If you have checked the checkbox in the Folder Options as seen in the screenshot, all compressed files will be seen as blue, and the uncompressed files will be seen as black.

If it is not checked, when you right click and choose Properties and click then Advanced... button, you will see if there is a checkmark for "Compress contents to save disk space".

If you right click on "C:drive" icon and choose properties, you will see if it is compressed or not.

Compression of a total disk takes a lot of time if you choose to compress your disk. Same for decompression.

If a disk is partially compressed, you can compress it totaly by clicking the option as described above, and can decompress it totaly, if you uncheck it.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4178&d=1265900688 http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4180&d=1265900805 http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4181&d=1265901564

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4179&d=1265900732

Cheers.

Hi friend. Thank you!! ==garybear

Hi sunny!!

gary

in my opinion you do not need to compress your hard drive. People did this ages ago in the days of small hard drives and limited space, with todays large hard drives and availabilty of extra external drives it is not really needed.

As for returnil it saves changes to a mapped vitual drive [ z drive] which is a section within the c drive.

i thought the video was clear on how to enable /disable. You would have had to disable before uninstall with revo.

you saga reminds me of a right nightmare i had many years ago when i was given a free copy of "norton goback" of a different but similar program my pc was so messed up and would not boot had to put my hdd in another pc to format it so i could restart my pc and reload the whole set up. since then never touched these sandbox or goback programs but nearly tempted after watching the video.

did who get your lad to post on the forum so we can help him out or is he ok now?

Hi good friend. Every thing is cool. I watched the video again, and paid close attention to the enable/disable. My problem was that did not work and locked me into virtual mode. I could not delete the program because it would not disable. My old friend Macrium came to my rescue. Thanks my friend. I started this thread because I thought Returnil posed a threat to our members and I haven't changed my mind about that. Thanks for hanging in there with me. You are much appreciated.===garybear

Hi garybear,

If you have checked the checkbox in the Folder Options as seen in the screenshot, all compressed files will be seen as blue, and the uncompressed files will be seen as black.

If it is not checked, when you right click and choose Properties and click then Advanced... button, you will see if there is a checkmark for "Compress contents to save disk space".

If you right click on "C:drive" icon and choose properties, you will see if it is compressed or not.

Compression of a total disk takes a lot of time if you choose to compress your disk. Same for decompression.

If a disk is partially compressed, you can compress it totaly by clicking the option as described above, and can decompress it totaly, if you uncheck it.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4178&d=1265900688 http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4180&d=1265900805 http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4181&d=1265901564

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4179&d=1265900732

Cheers.

Hi friend. You know me. I have to ask.What am I now?? Compress or decompressed??

Hi friend. You know me. I have to ask.What am I now?? Compress or decompressed??

Hi friend,

It is seen there that your C: drive is not compressed.

But, there may be compressed files and folders or there may not be compressed files and folders in drive C:\, you are the one to look at and say what they are if you used the color option for compressed files in Folder Options as seen in the screenshot that I have provided.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

How to remove Returnil Virtual System

Hi All,

If you have Returnil Virtual System installed and want to uninstall it, try below solutions.

Open the Returnil Virtual System->Click the Home->Click on the link "Enable when I start Windows" to make it turns into "Disable when I start Windows"->Click into the System Safe module-> Uncheck "Enable System Safe when I start Windows"->Close the Returnil Virtual System and then Reboot your computer.

Now please use the Advanced Uninstaller in ASC Utilities to uninstall it. Please choose the Advanced Mode to uninstall the Returnil Virtual System.

Hi Cicely!!

Hi All,

If you have Returnil Virtual System installed and want to uninstall it, try below solutions.

Open the Returnil Virtual System->Click the Home->Click on the link "Enable when I start Windows" to make it turns into "Disable when I start Windows"->Click into the System Safe module-> Uncheck "Enable System Safe when I start Windows"->Close the Returnil Virtual System and then Reboot your computer.

Now please use the Advanced Uninstaller in ASC Utilities to uninstall it. Please choose the Advanced Mode to uninstall the Returnil Virtual System.

Hi cicely!! Thank you for your post!! This may very well work, unless you get a bad down load like I did. I could not Disable when I start Windows or do any of the other things you suggested and I was locked in to the virtual mode. I could not uninstall the program while in safe mode or any other way. My only chose was restore with Macrium Reflect. You have brought up bad memories , but maybe this will help someone else ,but I have my doubts and the program should have never been a part of ASC3.I think I have made that very clear to all that have ears.:twisted::twisted:

Archived