IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Install – Uninstall - Reinstall – Upgrade to newer version

solbjerg

Ouch!

Well, thanks for the prompt response. So it's to be a brute force removal, root and branch!

I also tried deleting ASC with Revo Uninstaller, which I'd never heard of but is referred to above in this thread; and it didn't find ASC in its program list and I couldn't delete ASC using its Hunter mode or Drag & Drop mode, either.

I wonder why ASC doesn't show up in add/delete, in the screen that Sut_SoftUninstaller.exe in the IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3 directory brings up, or in Revo, and why ASC didn't install with an uninstall program.

Regards,

That's strange indeed as ASC does have its own uninstaller.I would have recommended Revo,as it's my uninstaller of choice,but learning you were unable to locate ASC in add/remove,I doubted Revo would have listed it.It sounds as though your original install was corrupt.Try removing the blocking from your next set-up file for the install.After the download,right click on the set-up.exe file and then choose Properties-at the bottom of the window(general tab)click on unblock.Out of curiosity,where to you download your files to?

Hi frustrated_user

If you have the install file for the version you tried to uninstall, then try installing that again - first close your automatic functions and try emptying the ASC folder. After the install, you ought to be able to update. Or delete the program - clean out the folder too, and install the newest version.

Cheers

solbjerg

Well, thanks for the prompt response. So it's to be a brute force removal, root and branch!

I also tried deleting ASC with Revo Uninstaller, which I'd never heard of but is referred to above in this thread; and it didn't find ASC in its program list and I couldn't delete ASC using its Hunter mode or Drag & Drop mode, either.

I wonder why ASC doesn't show up in add/delete, in the screen that Sut_SoftUninstaller.exe in the IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3 directory brings up, or in Revo, and why ASC didn't install with an uninstall program.

Regards,

• 1 month later...

can not uninstall asc 3 free corrupted program

by clicking on the C icon near the clock and using the uninstallaiton program nor by using the add delete list or programs or by using a new downloaded program I alawys get an error message telling me that the initial program is corrupted or that the uninstalled folder format is not recognised and thus can not uninstall

can you help me to uninstall this program

Hi ostararos

If you have the install file on your computer then use that to install the program again.

What anti-virus program do you use - McAfee?

If so it is probably that program that are responsible for the corruption, therefore you will have to close it down while you install.

Ok, first download the program and save it on your computer, then by right clicking it and choosing Properties remove the blocking. Then disable the anti-virus program temporarily and install the program.

If you are afraid of getting infected while the anti-virus program is disabled, remove temporarily the physical connection to the internet.

After you have installed the downloaded program you can uninstall it quite normally if you wish.

Cheers

solbjerg

by clicking on the C icon near the clock and using the uninstallaiton program nor by using the add delete list or programs or by using a new downloaded program I alawys get an error message telling me that the initial program is corrupted or that the uninstalled folder format is not recognised and thus can not uninstall

can you help me to uninstall this program

Install – Uninstall - Reinstall – Upgrade to newer version

Install:

An install from a downloaded file always starts with a download.

The best way today (if not always) - given the security measures that came in with SP2 - is to download the file to a folder in (on) your computer.

Scan the folder for virus with your antivirus application.

Right click on the install file and choose (Properties)

Remove the blocking from the file.

Then click on the .exe file and Install it.

thanks

After the install - check the configurations and settings in the programs and in the add-ins and choose those you need or want.

Then run it – AND check ALL Details under each post - before running the repair! Set it as you think you need or want.

Remember that you can use the Ignore list to keep items you do not want to clean out!

If you do it like that, there should be minimal chance of something going wrong.

Uninstall:

If you encounter problems you can't solve, it is often a good idea to uninstall the program and install it again.

The way to do that with the least chance of something going wrong is to – uninstall – and then remove the AWC folder – after that I recommend that you clean up your registry with another application (for example CCleaner) - then install the newest AWC download version from step one.

Reinstall / Upgrade to newer version:

If you do not have any problems with your AWC it should be sufficient to download a newer version and install it without removing the previous one.

(It's done automatically by the Install program)

That way all your settings will continue as before.

If you have problems follow the Uninstall procedure

As detailer supplemented: Make sure that no application in the program or the program itself is running in the background, when upgrading or installing/uninstalling.

To make as few mistakes as possible, I think it is the most prudent course of action to leave the automatic functions unchecked, until one has familiarized oneself with the functioning of the program and have configured the details and placed ones preferences in the ignore list.

After that feel free to use the automatic functions, - but remember to deactivate them before upgrading or reinstalling a program.

Ccleaner can be found here: http://www.ccleaner.com/

it's not the only one around, but it is nice and can be downloaded for free

when trying to download ccleaner int. explorer 8 is closed for protection

what's going on?

Hi demitris

Don't you mean that the information panel comes up and you have to click it and allow the file you want to download?

That is a function that has been around for a while.

Cheers

solbjerg

when trying to download ccleaner int. explorer 8 is closed for protection

what's going on?

Hi demitris

Don't you mean that the information panel comes up and you have to click it and allow the file you want to download?

That is a function that has been around for a while.

Cheers

solbjerg

hi solbjerg

no i mean that explorer actually stops just like crashing to prevent as it informs me from malicious actions and advise me to click for more information

haven't u faced a cituation like this? i've windows exlorer 8 lst version

thanks

Hi demitris

No I haven't. I have XP sp3, IE8 latest version in Danish.

When I try to use the link I provided in Install-Uninstall- I get a site where I can choose from which location I want to download, - I always choose the Alternate one. FileHippo has too much advertising I feel.

And then I get the security/information bar and have to click on it and choose to accept downloading the file.

If this doesn't happen by you - I would try a sfc /scannow and and a chkdsk /r

Cheers

solbjerg

hi solbjerg

no i mean that explorer actually stops just like crashing to prevent as it informs me from malicious actions and advise me to click for more information

haven't u faced a cituation like this? i've windows exlorer 8 lst version

thanks

Hi demitris

No I haven't. I have XP sp3, IE8 latest version in Danish.

When I try to use the link I provided in Install-Uninstall- I get a site where I can choose from which location I want to download, - I always choose the Alternate one. FileHippo has too much advertising I feel.

And then I get the security/information bar and have to click on it and choose to accept downloading the file.

If this doesn't happen by you - I would try a sfc /scannow and and a chkdsk /r

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg

The problem is with DEP (Data Execution Prodection) that is on. Actually is not a problem and i wouldn't deactivate it even for website managed by the Good. When trying to download th ccleaner.exe from any SITE e.g.CNET, hippo.. the downloader tries to run code from system memory.

anyway thanks

Hi demitris

If you have accepted automatic update from Microsoft, Anti-virus, anti-spyware and so on, you have implicitly accepted that these sites are excluded from blocking, otherwise you wouldn't get any updates.

Downloading a file from cnet where you temporarily accept the download isn't in essence different from the automatic download security-wise.

If I wanted be 100% totally safe from anything, I would get rid of my computer and never use one again :-) What a lot of time I would have - to get into trouble in - in many different areas! :-)

But well known download sites have too much too loose by sending out files they haven't checked very thoroughly, so the risk in this case is minimal.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg

The problem is with DEP (Data Execution Prodection) that is on. Actually is not a problem and i wouldn't deactivate it even for website managed by the Good. When trying to download th ccleaner.exe from any SITE e.g.CNET, hippo.. the downloader tries to run code from system memory.

anyway thanks

Hi Folks,

I have a pro license, I downloaded the latest version, I have not got pro status any more.

I asked for my lost license number, they sent an email with an attachment. How do I activate my pro status with this attachment?

I tried opening it but nothing happened.

I have windows Xp with latest service pack.

Col

Hi Colin

Is the attachment a .rar file? If so use RAR to open it.

But the most probable cause is that your settings in your mail program does not allow attached files.

This is a security setting measure that most mail programs use.

I find it annoying, so I always click it away and then trust myself to spot unsafe attachment.

Just click that setting away, and open the file. You can click on again afterwards if you want.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Folks,

I have a pro license, I downloaded the latest version, I have not got pro status any more.

I asked for my lost license number, they sent an email with an attachment. How do I activate my pro status with this attachment?

I tried opening it but nothing happened.

I have windows Xp with latest service pack.

Col

Upgrading. Unable to upgrade or uninstall. "program files \iobit\Advanced SystemCare

Reinstall – Upgrade to newer version[/font]

Unable to upgrade or uninstall as get error message "programfiles\Iobhit\AdvancedSystemCare3\unin000.msg" is missing. Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program. How do I correct the problem?

"robertdurnin@yahoo.ca"

Hi robertdurnin

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=3176

The solution is in that thread - quite close to the one you are writing in :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Reinstall – Upgrade to newer version[/font]

Unable to upgrade or uninstall as get error message "programfiles\Iobhit\AdvancedSystemCare3\unin000.msg" is missing. Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program. How do I correct the problem?

"robertdurnin@yahoo.ca"

• 3 months later...

i have use advanced windows care V2 personal version 2.5.1.802

and i can't to uninstall it . it shown

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/zephyrl/Capture-2.jpg

i want to know what way to uninstall - i want to install ASC . can i download it...

what should i do?

thx,Zephyrlz

• 3 weeks later...

Install – Uninstall Reinstall – Upgrade to newer ve

New version starts with a pop-up window asking for something related with scripts.

So far I had not time to read it all as it only shows for a few seconds.

Can someone please inform what is this exactely ?? and if theres another way to open this window ??

• 2 years later...

Hi andray

You open the register box and insert your user name and your license code in the shown boxes. click ok, and voila your version is now Pro.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi there. I have a question.

I used to have asc5 pro on a vista computer. Now i have windows 7 installed on that computer. So how do i get my pro function back???????????

Hi andray

Ok - is that what it is called - in the pro version I use it is called "Manage License" - it is in the bottom left corner of the main screen.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg :)

Wher do i find the registerbox???? Do you mean the upgrade button on the main screen????

Hi andray

Yes, I am sorry - I have been too inattentive.

You have changed your OS, so the license code for your previous computer doesn't work anymore.

Try sending a message to support@iobit com - or write a PM to Cicely explaining your situation.

IObit is usually very kind and forthcoming in these situations.

Cheers

solbjerg

Ivé tryed it but my licensecode doesn't work anymore :( :(