IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

About the use of IObit's products

solbjerg

Broken Link

Hi All

If you come across a post that relates to any subject in "Usage of IObit products" in an informative way - then please tell me - in order for me to add it as a reference link in the appropriate place.

Thank you!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. As the post is closed - you can either PM (Private Message) me or post it in this thread.

p.p.s. Moderators and Administrator can of course add it themselves in the appropriate place.

The link in your first message in this thread seems to be broken.

[edit] Additionally... in fact, it seems that many of the links in the first messages in this thread no longer work. Perhaps they are no longer relevant or valid, but this is extremely annoying for a newcomer to the product to have to keep clicking on them only to see that they are no longer good.

CT

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tim

Good of you to tell us!

It would be really helpful if you could pinpoint those broken links, Thanks!

Cheers

solbjerg

The link in your first message in this thread seems to be broken.

[edit] Additionally... in fact, it seems that many of the links in the first messages in this thread no longer work. Perhaps they are no longer relevant or valid, but this is extremely annoying for a newcomer to the product to have to keep clicking on them only to see that they are no longer good.

CT

It would be really helpful if you could pinpoint those broken links, Thanks!

These messages contain the ones I meant, solbjerg.

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=12214&postcount=3

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=12285&postcount=5

There was also one that was sending me to a Google™ search page, but I can't locate it atm.

I'll let you know if I see any others.

CT

Ok Tim

Thank you very much!!

I think I have it working now :-)

Any other - please advise me!!

I remember I made some with a false parameter long ago, and some must have slipped through my repair then, sorry!

Cheers

solbjerg

These messages contain the ones I meant, solbjerg.

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=12285&postcount=5

There was also one that was sending me to a Google™ search page, but I can't locate it atm.

I'll let you know if I see any others.

CT

Ok Tim

Thank you very much!!

I think I have it working now :-)

Any other - please advise me!!

I remember I made some with a false parameter long ago, and some must have slipped through my repair then, sorry!

Cheers

solbjerg

Those messages come up, but when I click the links within those messages I get Page Not Found errors.

I just added a description of "Disk cleaner" to "Usage of IObit Products"

Links and or better description are welcome.

:-D 太阳山 (means thank you very much for editing or adding)

Cheers

solbjerg

Try the link in that quote. It's the one at:

Maybe it's me.

CT

In this message

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=11751&postcount=8

Where it says:

Context menu:

Select items to be integrated into Windows Explorer

Select in the boxes below – pre-set all is checked

This function will add the chosen items to your right click menu.

When I click it I get

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

:-)

CT

P.S. You getting tired of me yet? LO

Thanks Tim!!

Placed another link there to replace it.

Cheers

solbjerg

In this message

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=11751&postcount=8

Where it says:

Context menu:

Select items to be integrated into Windows Explorer

Select in the boxes below – pre-set all is checked

This function will add the chosen items to your right click menu.

When I click it I get

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

:-)

CT

P.S. You getting tired of me yet? LO

Maybe I'm looking at an old message, or there has been updated information later in the thread and I haven't gotten there yet. Forgive me if I'm not yet understanding how the help/information area of the forum works.

I'm looking at this message:

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=12153&postcount=9

• Under the "Tuneup:" section in that message, I see comments about these utilities:

Disk Cleaner

Driver Update

FireFoxTCP Optimizer

SmartDefrag

IObit Registry Defrag

Shortcut Fixer

SmartRAM

Submit New

I don't see any icon in ASC Pro v3.3.1, under the Utilities|Tuneup tab for the one's I've marked in red.

Additionally, I don't see any comments or descriptions for these utilities that do appear under the Tuneup tab in ASC Pro:

Disk Check

Game Booster

Internet Booster

(It could be that things like FireFoxTCP Optimizer have been changed and it, for instance, is now under Internet Booster, but it makes reading the instructional threads difficult.)

• Under the "Security:" section of the forum message, there are comments for these utilities:

Driver BackUp

IE Security Assistant

But, I don't see any comments or descriptions for these utilities that do also appear under the Utilities|Security tab within the ASC Pro software:

System Backup

System File Checker

• Under the "Admin Tools:" section of the forum message, there are comments for these utilities:

Auto ShutDown

Context Menu Manager

Disk Explorer

Cloned Files Finder (it's acctually called "Clone files" in the message)

Restore Center

Software Uninstaller

Startup Manager

System Information

Windows Manager

I also see comments or descriptions for these utilities, for which I do not have any icons under the Utilities|Admin Tools area of ASC Pro v3.3.1:

TCP/UDP

Cookies manager

Thx!

CT

(CrazyTim wonders if any other customers/users bother to http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0012.gif ... http://www.battleclinic.com/forum/Smileys/default/coolsmiley.gif http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0034.gif heehee)

Hi Tim

The thread was made before the newest versions and I haven't gotten round to update all information yet, in the case of firefoxTCP Optimizer, the links found there is still valuable. One of the problems is that some of the posts contains around the limit of characters allowed for a post.

I think most of the new information is in the thread but perhaps placed where I could find room.

I have mentioned it earlier in the thread in which we are writing.

IObit is in the process of writing their own extended help and have kindly made use of our user made Usage of IObit Products thread to try to help users with problems. We - the users have tried to make the thread as accessible as we could - but we are user - so all constructive suggestions are welcome.

Thank you Tim!

You are welcome to rewrite sections - and we will insert it/exchange previous post - parts of previous posts with it, if your description is better.

Cheers

solbjerg

Maybe I'm looking at an old message, or there has been updated information later in the thread and I haven't gotten there yet. Forgive me if I'm not yet understanding how the help/information area of the forum works.

I'm looking at this message:

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=12153&postcount=9

• Under the "Tuneup:" section in that message, I see comments about these utilities:

Disk Cleaner

Driver Update

FireFoxTCP Optimizer

SmartDefrag

IObit Registry Defrag

Shortcut Fixer

SmartRAM

Submit New

I don't see any icon in ASC Pro v3.3.1, under the Utilities|Tuneup tab for the one's I've marked in red.

Additionally, I don't see any comments or descriptions for these utilities that do appear under the Tuneup tab in ASC Pro:

Disk Check

Game Booster

Internet Booster

(It could be that things like FireFoxTCP Optimizer have been changed and it, for instance, is now under Internet Booster, but it makes reading the instructional threads difficult.)

• Under the "Security:" section of the forum message, there are comments for these utilities:

Driver BackUp

IE Security Assistant

But, I don't see any comments or descriptions for these utilities that do also appear under the Utilities|Security tab within the ASC Pro software:

System Backup

System File Checker

• Under the "Admin Tools:" section of the forum message, there are comments for these utilities:

Auto ShutDown

Context Menu Manager

Disk Explorer

Cloned Files Finder (it's acctually called "Clone files" in the message)

Restore Center

Software Uninstaller

Startup Manager

System Information

Windows Manager

I also see comments or descriptions for these utilities, for which I do not have any icons under the Utilities|Admin Tools area of ASC Pro v3.3.1:

TCP/UDP

Cookies manager

Thx!

CT

(CrazyTim wonders if any other customers/users bother to http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0012.gif ... http://www.battleclinic.com/forum/Smileys/default/coolsmiley.gif http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0034.gif heehee)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Security 360

Hi enoskype!

Should we open a new topic in Usage of IObit Products concerning Security 360?

Or should we just add it to additional utilities?

Perhaps we should wait until it is fully functional, before adding a description? How do you feel?

Have asked Tim for the language file, - perhaps it isn't fully developed yet, because some of the functions in the program isn't activated yet?

Have by the way had a problem with an add-in in MsOutlook, that I deactivated in order for MsOutlook to work, but then AVG stopped responding correctly, so I have uninstalled both programs and have for the time being just installed AVG again.

Looks like it was Security 360 that was the culprit in that.

Waiting for response from Tim.

Cheers

solbjerg

Generate a list by using Command prompt

Hi all

I just added this in Usage of IObit Products

Generating a list of content by using the Command prompt

fx. if you need to see or send a list of the content in your Program folder/directory you can use the command prompt to generate it.

dir /b "C:\Programs" > "Desktop\Programs.txt"

Copy the above string - open your command prompt - right click in the window and paste the copy - hit enter.

Then you will have that text file sitting on your desktop waiting for what you want to do with it.

You can exchange programs with fx. Documents" or Documents\Pictures" if these are the ones you want to generate a list for.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi all

I just added this in Usage of IObit Products

Generating a list of content by using the Command prompt

fx. if you need to see or send a list of the content in your Program file you can use the command prompt to generate it.

dir /b "C:\Programs" > "Desktop\Programs.txt"

Copy the above string - open your command prompt - right click in the window and paste the copy - hit enter.

Then you will have that text file sitting on your desktop waiting for what you want to do with it.

You can exchange programs with fx. Documents" or Documents\Pictures" if these are the ones you want to generate a list for.

Cheers

solbjerg

Don't you mean "Folder," or "Directory?"

What does that "fx." mean? Not familiar with that one.

CT

Hi Tim, sorry - of course I mean folder or directory.

I will hasten to correct it - thank you!!

If you read Usage of Iobit Functions under Acronyms fx. is "translated" there :-) but it means for example.

Cheers

solbjerg

Don't you mean "Folder," or "Directory?"

What does that "fx." mean? Not familiar with that one.

CT

Hi Tim, sorry - of course I mean folder or directory.

I will hasten to correct it - thank you!!

If you read Usage of Iobit Functions under Acronyms fx. is "translated" there :-) but it means for example.

Cheers

solbjerg

And what was wrong with the real, true English language versions, which have been around for centuries? I mean "e.g.," which means "for example" ("exempli gratia" in Latin), or "i.e." (id est in Latin), which means "that is?"

What the internet need is more accronyms... iykwim. :razz:

CT

Hi Tim

In a way you are right, but remember they are almost all of them English/American acronyms :-)

As I have explained before when someone asked the same question as you, fx. is a very, very, very common abbreviation in Danish - and may I add not too difficult to glean the meaning from in my opinion, so it slips into my writing often.

Sorry to have slipped up like that again - will try to write it out in the future.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. the most common is probably 例如 (for example)

And what was wrong with the real, true English language versions, which have been around for centuries? I mean "e.g.," which means "for example" ("exempli gratia" in Latin), or "i.e." (id est in Latin), which means "that is?"

What the internet need is more accronyms... iykwim. :razz:

CT

Is there a log available after autocare scan?

Is there a log available after the ASC autocare scan(not the manual one you invoke) so one can see what problems and junk files were cleaned and fixed? Sometimes I'm away from my computer when this goes off and the only thing I see is a completion window telling me what was done. It would be nice to see a log of what was fixed.

Hi Leeman

I do not myself use the automatic functions, but I think that the only place those repairs are kept is in the Restore center. And there you cannot open them and view the contents to my knowledge. The only commands there are either to delete the restore point or to restore the latest changes made.

So if you want to see what changes the scan has made I think you have to restore the latest changes made and then run the scan manually and take a look under "problems" before clicking repair.

Perhaps IObit could place a command in the right click in the restore center called view changes.

You/someone/we could suggest that to IObit under the thread suggestions :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Is there a log available after the ASC autocare scan(not the manual one you invoke) so one can see what problems and junk files were cleaned and fixed? Sometimes I'm away from my computer when this goes off and the only thing I see is a completion window telling me what was done. It would be nice to see a log of what was fixed.

drivers backup

I just have done the backup of my drives using utililities >security > drivers backup option because i intend to format my C: partition and install XP sp3. Buto i don´t know how to retrieve those drivers once i have formated tho disc.

Could you add a section o n how to do it?

Thanks

Hi dmachado

Thank you for your suggestion, I will add an explanation soon.

In the meantime try reading this guide:

http://personal-computer-tutor.com/abc2/v10/hal10.htm

Cheers

solbjerg

I just have done the backup of my drives using utililities >security > drivers backup option because i intend to format my C: partition and install XP sp3. Buto i don´t know how to retrieve those drivers once i have formated tho disc.

Could you add a section o n how to do it?

Thanks