IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

About the use of IObit's products

solbjerg

And what was wrong with the real, true English language versions, which have been around for centuries? I mean "e.g.," which means "for example" ("exempli gratia" in Latin), or "i.e." (id est in Latin), which means "that is?"

What the internet need is more accronyms... iykwim. :razz:

CT

I have to agree here. The Latin terms are universally accepted in law and academia. As a dead language it does not change. Its use offends no one. I stumbled on what "fx" means for quite a while.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tim

WTINILA actually :-) (QUT)?

(What The Internet Needs Is Less Acronyms)

(Questionable User Terminology)? ;-)

Cheers

solbjerg

And what was wrong with the real, true English language versions, which have been around for centuries? I mean "e.g.," which means "for example" ("exempli gratia" in Latin), or "i.e." (id est in Latin), which means "that is?"

What the internet need is more accronyms... iykwim. :razz:

CT

• 2 weeks later...

Some posts in UIP needs editing

In the latest versions some few settings have been changed, and they haven't yet been edited.

If some people still use older versions the descriptions are valid for them, so I think we ought to add a post that descibes the changes in the posts that contain changed procedures for running them.

The explanations are much the same, it is just that they have another name or have been moved.

Hope someone will chip in.

(Additionally there are some new products that haven't been described yet, but I would like them to be out of beta before trying to make a comprehensive description.)

At least I will wait until languages is supported

Thank you

Cheers

solbjerg

UIP Usage of IObit Products :-)

Miscellaneous

Hi All

I will open a post called "Miscellaneous" in Usage of IObit Products - this will be used for miscellaneous subjects and for subjects where there isn't room in the relevant post for adding it.

Additionally I will open a post for IObit Security 360 but will wait for the version #3 and the support of languages before I write there.

If others have a desciption already they are welcome to place it there.

Thank you

Cheers

solbjerg

Unblock!!

Just added this Unblock description in Usage of IObit Products under Miscellaneous

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Hi enoskype - perhaps you could add a picture - My setup is in Danish and it would be better in English, me thinks! :-)

I love, love, love, love this program! It saved my laptop

:-DMy laptop had the blue screen of death, I was receiving it at least 6 to 10 times per day, I reformatted my Laptop several times and it would still receive the BSOD. Everyone told me that I was doomed, that there was nothing that could be done. Until I came across Advance System Care, the blue screen horror slowed down tremendously then I downloaded IObit Security and I haven't received the BSOD since! not once. I am so happy. I love, love, love!!!!! this program. It saved my life!

• 2 weeks later...

Security holes

Hi all

I added this today in Usage of IObit Products in the IObit Security 360 post

Security holes

Security holes are possible vulnerabilities in your system.

(e.g. if the scan finds that one of your passwords is weak it will flag it as a security hole. What parameters it uses here I do not know)

Also added that IS360 have 2522 English words for translation!

Cheers

solbjerg

IObit Security 360

I have started the description of IS360 in Usage of IObit Products today.

Feel free to suggest additional explanations - all of you -, and for moderators and administrators feel free to add/delete or edit in the post. (Or write part of it :-) )

Cheers

solbjerg

Information Relating to AWC use

Hi, everyone. My first post with you so bear with me if I'm covering old ground.

I've recently upgraded to AWC Pro. The one thing that affected me, thanks to the registry deep scan, was a hassle with the Microsoft Speech SDK. I'm writing a speech recognition program in VB2008 and I am intimate with the speech link in the Control Panel. After some delving I found out that AWC was deleting some important data in the speech engine area. The result was a non-communicative program. I've reinstalled the speech SDK and added the deep scan results to the 'ignore list'. Everything cooks now.

A major complaint I had with the help side of AWC was trying to find how to add things to the ignore list. This I finally deduced had to be done from the scan results. A new help file which specifies this more clearly may help other users if it was included in an update.

Regarding the speech, though. Add every single one of the 'speech' errors found in the deep scan to the ignore list. It may save a bit of hassle in the future.

Hi Micky

Thanks for your suggestion!!

I suppose you mean ASC Pro??

In the IObit.com/Help a short description is shown and written about the use of the ignore list, and in Usage of IObit Products also called

Online Help for IObit Software

in the window head you can find a description too:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11662#post11662

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, everyone. My first post with you so bear with me if I'm covering old ground.

I've recently upgraded to AWC Pro. The one thing that affected me, thanks to the registry deep scan, was a hassle with the Microsoft Speech SDK. I'm writing a speech recognition program in VB2008 and I am intimate with the speech link in the Control Panel. After some delving I found out that AWC was deleting some important data in the speech engine area. The result was a non-communicative program. I've reinstalled the speech SDK and added the deep scan results to the 'ignore list'. Everything cooks now.

A major complaint I had with the help side of AWC was trying to find how to add things to the ignore list. This I finally deduced had to be done from the scan results. A new help file which specifies this more clearly may help other users if it was included in an update.

Regarding the speech, though. Add every single one of the 'speech' errors found in the deep scan to the ignore list. It may save a bit of hassle in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Placed this information in the post Useful command in Run in the thread Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section:

If Run isn't shown in your Start Menu - right click Start and choose Properties - under the tab Start Menu click the button Options and place a tick in the Run option.

Cheers

solbjerg

• 2 weeks later...

New word count

I edited this information in the Usage of IObit Products thread in the Lounge section:

Currently IObit Security 360 language file (ver.1.0) has 2752 English words that have to be translated into your own language if you want to add your native language to the list..

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

Who counted? :lol: Notepad++ shows 1001 line and 38 825 character.

Damned

I edited this information in the Usage of IObit Products thread in the Lounge section:

Currently IObit Security 360 language file (ver.1.0) has 2752 English words that have to be translated into your own language if you want to add your native language to the list..

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Damned

I counted the words that needs translation - and only those after the egual sign.

I used Excel and Word to do it (search and replace) - something like 16000 characters as far as I remember. :-)

There may be a few counted words too many (around 50 I think) as some of them do not require translation.

But as it is just to give translators an idea about how much work there is involved, I do not think it matters much :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

Who counted? :lol: Notepad++ shows 1001 line and 38 825 character.

Damned

• 2 weeks later...

GameBooster

Hi all

I added this to the Game Booster description today:

Please be aware that GameBooster only assists you in choosing what services to close down temporarily - you have to check the list to see if there are some services you do not want closed down and exclude those from closing down by deselecting them in the list!

Cheers

solbjerg