IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

About the use of IObit's products

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg!

Perhaps the "About the use of Iobit products" thread should not be above the actual "Usage of Iobit products" thread, as new users are likely to pick it by mistake and be confused. Perhaps the "About" thread should be the last in this section of the forum. "Usage of Iobit Products" Should be the first topic people see!

:-D

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Mel

It has to do with the posting, - we don't often add new posts to the locked threads but we do edit them from time to time - which is why they are placed "lower" as the setup places "new" posts on top.

We will look into it and see if we can find a way to make it better.

What is the color of important Help or attention? :-)

Thanks!

Cheers

solbjerg

Snapshot... Actual Usage thread should be at the top of the list...

Or even in the announcement a little more clearly?

:-) Mel

White is not good I think :-)

Yellow and black are danger signs (wasps and snakes)

Orange is not very clear to read

So I suppose that leaves Red

But we should perhaps make it Bold?

Bold Black a possibility too?

Cheers

solbjerg

Most fire trucks are Red.

Most ambulances are orange and white.

Most road side warning signs are yellow.

The police don't count as they are not much help anyway.:lol:

-Mel

Hi enoskype

I went through all the links in both Usage~ and Contents and found no broken links using IE to send me to IObit.com forum links, - but did get the same message as garybear using Mozilla FireFox. If I then clicked on the link in that FireFox window it lead me to the forum and from there I had no problems with opening the links in the forum.

They are links in the forum!!

If I am not logged in - the last couple of posts are not shown???

Cheers

solbjerg

During the course of Forum rearrangement, the links could have been broken garybear.

Now try again, I think they are repaired and OK.

Please let us know if you come across to other broken links.

Thank you and cheers.

Hi enoskype

Weird - now it works in all instances, except copying the link and search for it from the address line. (That method was just tested because I have seen it used before by a member)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. ZAC - goodnight

Hi solbjerg,

Can you please try again with FF, I tried it with FF, everything seems to be OK.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype!!!

During the course of Forum rearrangement, the links could have been broken garybear.

Now try again, I think they are repaired and OK.

Please let us know if you come across to other broken links.

Thank you and cheers.

Hi solbjerg,

Can you please try again with FF, I tried it with FF, everything seems to be OK.

Cheers.

Hi Mine is ok now?????? garybear Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IObit Uninstaller

Added this in Usage of IObit Products thread:

IObit Uninstaller

In the Menu line You can choose Uninstall with the options Standard or Advanced

The logical choice is the Advanced option (you don't need this program for the standard way)

Forced Uninstall command means that you can choose the application you want to uninstall by inserting the address of the program/application you want to uninstall.

Manage

Gives you the option to "Export your list of applications" - "Manage your Log files" - or "View your Restore points"

On the left You have the options:

All program - self-explanatory :-)

Toolbars - List of Toollbar that you can choose to uninstall as you wish

Recently Installed - List of the latest programs/applications installed

Large Programs - List of large programs on the computer (Beware! some of them are essential for the functioning of the computer)

Rarely used - self-explanatory :-)

Windows Updates - List of Windows Updates (if the need should arise for uninstalling any of those)

Cheers

solbjerg

• 1 month later...

Super shortcuts for games !!!

Added:

Games Super Shortcuts for Game Booster!!!

Please see Suggestion for Game Booster. SUPERSHORTCUTS ! thread and download GB1.exe from THIS post.

to Additional Utilities post in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread under Game Booster part.

and

1-click Super shortcuts for games in Game Booster by member Grue.

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=47221#post47221

in Valuable Informative Links post in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread just above System File Checker (sfc) part.

Cheers.

• 5 months later...

Smart Defrag v.2 β1.0

Smart Defrag v.2 β1.0

This is the new beta version of Smart Defrag

(Fellow administrators and moderators - feel free to edit, write or rewrite the whole thing :-) )

Many of the functions are similar to Smart Defrag 1.5 so I refer you to the above description for the time being. Later we may make an independent description

But as always check out the settings and choose the settings you want.

The ability to change the color legend doesn't work yet.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6425&d=1291720846

The Automatic Defrag works fine - you just have to choose your preferences. After it has run it will tell you the date and time it did in the system tray.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6426&d=1291720869

The Boot Time Defrag doesn't really work yet, but IObit expects it to be functional at the next update β 1.1 in the middle of December. The option to have it run a chkdsk at next boot or one of the other options works fine. It is the chkdsk that checks your files - not the chkdsk that also checks your free space.

You have to choose that in the settings - it is not available in the Boot Defrag window (might be a good idea to have a button for that function there)

When you have to choose the drive to defrag automatically you just mark it and then click on the golden "no" and it will instantly change to a green "Yes". The same goes for the setting for Boot Time Defrag.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6427&d=1291720897

In this version you have the option of saving the report if you should be so inclined.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6428&d=1291720914

For the time being there is only English language - according to IObit Guy the other languages will be added as the translations becomes available in version β2.0 in the beginning of the new year.

By the way - the resizing of the window (which was a good idea) doesn't seem to work 100% yet either.

Cheers

solbjerg

Smart Defrag v.2 β1.0 extra pictures

Some pictures of the settings in Smart Defrag v.2 β1.0

Just choose your preferred settings or go with the recommended suggestions

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6430&d=1291721147

After having configured the schedule you just activate Off or On by clicking them

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6431&stc=1&d=1291725145

The only thing that works here for the time being is the additional option to run a chkdsk

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6432&stc=1&d=1291725145

Cheers

solbjerg

Smart Defrag v. 2. beta 1.1

The promished update to version 2. beta 1.1 is now available for download. (15-12-2010)

The boot defrag option now works, and it is now possible to change the color legend to one's preferences.

I have updated this information in Usage of IObit Products too!

Cheers

solbjerg

• 7 months later...

translation information update

I have updated the information about Smart Defrag translation size and added information about IObit Malware Fighter 1.11 translation size too in Usage of IObit Product - About Translation

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I have finished the Danish translation (100%) of IMF - will leave a translation in IMF translation thread