IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

About the use of IObit's products

solbjerg

Performance monitor

I added a short description of Performance monitor to Usage of IObit Products

Performance Monitor

Performance monitoring has been added to the possibilities in the program.

It decides from looking at the status of the program which level the performance currently has.

There are some "pitfalls along the way.

First go into the settings and decide whether you want to let it start up with Windows when you open the computer.

Next decide if you want the cleaning to to be a Deep registry cleaning (only available in the pro version)

Next in the main window under status decide whether you want the Deep Care to be Off or On (this is done by clicking on "On" or "Off" they will then change to the opposite)

Some have had trouble keeping the level at A

You should realize that the application reacts to the status of both the Quick Care and the Deep Care, so if a Quick care doesn't give you an A you should try a full Deep Care.

Sometimes though it looks as if the performance monitor has to be closed and then restarted for the application to react to the new level of cleanliness :-)

in the program folder you have a file called Pmonitor.exe clicking that icon will start the Pmonitor (a shortcut can be sent to the desktop)

If you grow tired of looking at the level box on the desktop you can just right click it and choose close. (Same if you just want to close the function)

Cheers

solbjerg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

History of Usage of IObit Products

Hi All

In the end of 2008 we had to answer many of the same questions all the time, so we decided to try to make a sort of manual for users to check if they had problems and didn't know how to use the programs.

(at that time we had only Advanced Windows Care and Smart Defrag :-) )

The first post was written in dec. 2008 but most of the rest were written in the first months of 2009

This of course means that some of the explanations are a bit outdated, but many of the functions are essentially the same and we have written more about the new programs too and updated the information here and there.

I do not have the energy to keep updating as new versions and functions and programs keeps coming up faster and faster.

Sorry about that.

Perhaps there is someone that wants to take over that chore :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Run commands

Hi all

I just had some trouble with my sound/music - two of my music programs would not play the music.

I solved it by using the command dxdiag in Run.

There are other useful commands in Run commands in Usage of IObit Programs - there is also a command for your performance settings!

I think it must have been some security updates that were responsible the mishap. It is fixed now :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

This is a List of Run-commands that I have tacked to my wall,

and there are many more, that are not on this list, that were not in XP?

See link:

http://ss64.com/nt/

I need to find a more, up to date, complete list, to hang on my wall. ;-)

The problem is that is that if I printed out the complete list now, it would cover the complete wall, including the windows. :lol:

Hi Toppack

Good idea to leave some more run commands. Thank you!

In my list I have placed a * at some of them to show what I see as the most useful. The problem is that not all would select the same as I, but even so you could try to sort them in order to not wallpaper the entire room. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

This is a List of Run-commands that I have tacked to my wall,

and there are many more, that are not on this list, that were not in XP?

See link:

http://ss64.com/nt/

I need to find a more, up to date, complete list, to hang on my wall. ;-)

The problem is that is that if I printed out the complete list now, it would cover the complete wall, including the windows. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finding ASC5 skins created by users in the threads!

Go to ASCv5 PRO Skins section and search the threads with http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon2.gif (arrow) or http://forums.iobit.com/images/misc/poll_posticon.gif (poll) signs in the front, as well as threads with [Name of the skin] in the title of the threads.

is added to ASC Options post in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread.

Cheers.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

seeking a reply from Iobit

Greetings,

not sure where to post this issue so trying here

I have ASC Ultimate and it was purchased with 3 licences

I used one for my win 7 pc

Gave one to my mom for her XP pc (different city)

Gave one to a friend for his win 7 pc

I recently purchased a win 8 pc

I uninstalled ASC Ultimate from my mom's XP pc (thus only 2 liceses are now active)

Gave my mom my previous Win 7pc

2 of 3 licenses are in use, and I need one on my win 8 pc

Despite uninstalling ASC U on my mom's XP pc - when I try adding the license to my new win 8 pc it tells me my 3 licenses are in use and I must purchase a new license.

I have emailed customer support 2 times now with no response. Usually I get responses within 4 to 24 hrs.

I would be grateful if Iobit staff would please note that only two of my 3 license codes are active and to please allow me to activate my win 8 pc.

Best regards & Happy New Year to Iobit staff

Greetings,

not sure where to post this issue so trying here

I have ASC Ultimate and it was purchased with 3 licences

I recently purchased a win 8 pc

I uninstalled ASC Ultimate from my mom's XP pc (thus only 2 liceses are now active)

Gave my mom my previous Win 7pc

2 of 3 licenses are in use, and I need one on my win 8 pc

Despite uninstalling ASC U on my mom's XP pc - when I try adding the license to my new win 8 pc it tells me my 3 licenses are in use and I must purchase a new license.

I have emailed customer support 2 times now with no response. Usually I get responses within 4 to 24 hrs.

I would be grateful if Iobit staff would please note that only two of my 3 license codes are active and to please allow me to activate my win 8 pc.

Best regards & Happy New Year to Iobit staff

Perhaps the lag is due to the fact that by your own post, the licenses are used.

That equals three licences. What you are asking for now is a license for your new machine, even though you have used what you paid for.:-|

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Mel

If you check again you may note that ASC was uninstalled from the XP machine and the Xp machine is no longer in use.

Immaculens gave his old w7 machine to his mother and he has a new w8 machine and wants to activate the former XP licence on this.

.... What you are asking for now is a license for your new machine, even though you have used what you paid for.:-|

actually what I'm asking for is the use of one of my 3 licenses. 2 are in use, one is in limbo due to it being uninstalled from a pc that is in computer heaven. ;-)

Hi Guys,

In general, all IObit PRO licenses know which PC/laptop they are installed by their system hard disk and CPU. If both are changed, license code interprets it as a new PC. (If only one of them -CPU or hard disk- is changed, License Code will be still valid for the new combination.)

In Immaculen's case, certainly it is a new PC, but IObit is generous on this kind of requests and validates the existing license for the new PC, but it will be invalidated for the old PC.

It can only be solved by IObit, so a PM explaining in details the request to Cicely will be sufficient to solve the problem.

I doubt it will be solved before the new year though! :wink:

Cheers.

EDIT: Sorry, that is the second time Cicely was linked to someone else. That was weird. :roll: I have corrected it again.

Mel: Betcha had multiple browsers open. No, only IE10 with 3 tabs was open.