IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

The icon SmartDefrag does not appear on the taskbar

Hi guys!

I am Brazilian and my English is not good. Sorry!

I have a notebook with Windows Vista Home Basic, runing the SmartDefrag 4.01 Beta.

The icon SmartDefrag does not appear on the taskbar, but the process is running. Indeed, it rarely appears.

In another machine with Windows XP SP2, it usually appears on the taskbar.

In both machines have anti-virus Avira AntiVir and the anti-spy Spyware Terminator.

What could be happening?

Please help me!

Thanks!

Do you mean taskbar or system tray? Could you post a screenshot?

Basically, run SmartDefrag and press PrtSc (on your keyboard) when the problem appears. Put the image in some file (ie. jpg, png, etc.) and attach it to your post.

Hello!

I refer to the system tray, where is the clock and icons of sound, network, anti-virus, or the programs loaded with Windows.

Thanks!

Have you tried to click tray tip off - and then on again?

Sometimes that's all it takes :grin:

Hi!

I sent the attached two screens, one with the settings of the "Auto Defrag" and the other with the "Options".

The settings are equal in both machines (Windows XP and Windows Vista).

The difference is that in XP works perfectly. In Vista, rarely loads the icon SmartDefrag.

Solbjerg, which is the option you mentioned?

Thanks!

Hmm...go ahead and try that, but my impression of tray tooltip was always little bubbles that popup on the tray talking about the program.

It actually might be a system problem. If you have too many programs and services running and you login too quickly, some system tray icons may not show.

Could you try restarting the computer, and when you get to the logon screen, wait around a minute. Then login and see if the icon appears.

Hmm...go ahead and try that, but my impression of tray tooltip was always little bubbles that popup on the tray talking about the program.

It actually might be a system problem. If you have too many programs and services running and you login too quickly, some system tray icons may not show.

Could you try restarting the computer, and when you get to the logon screen, wait around a minute. Then login and see if the icon appears.

Hi!

I used password on my account. Thus, some time waited a while before entering the password, but still not the icon appeared.

Then, I pulled out the password to my account. Thus, the login is done automatically, but not the icon appeared well.

It can be a problem of SmartDefrag or even a imcompatibility with Windows Vista?

Thanks!

Icon is missing in the System Tray area

I tried unticking and reticking the Enable Tray Tooltip in Options and it failed to replace the missing Icon in the System Tray area. I was going to include a Jpg file of this but the process is so annoying (having to shrink down the image to a point where it is impossible to actually see the image) that I didnt bother after the 3rd attempt of trying to shink it to a level that your Upload and Image system would allow. I think it should not need any intervention on the user to make this icon appear each time the PC is switched on. The whole point of the icon is for easy access and to see that there is some action going on.:roll:

After posting this I see that there is a problem if your pc boots too quickly. I use TweakUI to boot without having to log in as I often just turn my PC on and let it do its thing as I use the program Boinc which lets your pc run an anylisis program for doing research into medical problems. From the sounds of this I will now have to log in manually? Urgh. Usually I can turn my pc on, go put the kettle on and be back as its part way through checking itself out with a nice cuppa in my hands.

Did you tick off and on - with restart of the program in between?

Have another cup of coffee :-) and good luck :-)

By the way are the configuration of your Start (right click start)/ preferences - /process line /details - and is smart defrag there set to be shown always?

Icon in the system tray is now back

Ok, I turned the program off within add remove programs and when I restarted it (without a reboot being necessary) the icon returned to the system tray area.

I am also well impressed with how fast a reply was sent to me regarding this issue.:grin:

Archived