IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag does not complete the optimization

I run Smart Defrag overnight and in the morning I get the message that I have fragmented files. In other words it runs, but does not complete the job. I could understand if it had not finished, but it supposedly has, but has left the job undone. I have 4 GB of RAM, a Terrabyte drive with 581 GB used and 350 GB free.

Does anyone know why Smart Defrag does not complete the job? :?: Thanks.

SD 1.40 (the latest according to an update check)

NO, as I have not seen an explanation as to the safety of doing so. I imagine it is, and have seen the tip, but until I see an affirmative statement that moving a file containing a virus will not trigger it, I am reluctant to do so. I would rather live with a fragmented disk than a virus. (Spybot S&D, & AVAST)

Possibly, although I don't know that I have. Windows Explorer is not good at tracking those down. (suggestions?) Directory Opus looks like an interesting alternative. I cannot say for Vista or Windows 7, but I still miss Xtree!

Windows XP with the latest updates

HP Workstation XW4100 Pentium 4 2.4 GHz

Larege files

In Advanced System care, in the utilities section, under Admin tools, the disk explorer will locate and identify your larges files.

Had you successfully run smart defrag before, and then this problem developed on a subsequent run... or was this the first time running it?

When you say smart defrag has left the job "undone"... do you mean the program continues running and never completes... then you have to shut it down. Or it completes but says you still have some fragmented files?

Also, how much of the hard drive is allocated for restore points?

Archived