IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What does TCPWindowSize mean?

Jeff-D

Determines the largest TCP receive window that the system offers.

The receive window is the number of bytes a sender can transmit without receiving an acknowledgment. This entry overrides TCP's negotiated maximum receive window size and replaces it with the value of this entry.

hope this helps you understand

itsmejjj

Hi Jeff

Transmission Control Protocol

(size measured in the number of bytes the window contains)

In this instance I think I would go with the recommended size, but it of course depends on what you want.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. In the thread "Usage of IObit Products"! there is a list of abbreviations that have been used in this forum.

Noobie here. I'm being asked to optimize this, & unable to find out what it is. Is there a Glossary somewhere available. I did a Forum Search with 0 results. Thanks, Jeff :???:

Internet Booster knows best

Noobie here. I'm being asked to optimize this, & unable to find out what it is. Is there a Glossary somewhere available. I did a Forum Search with 0 results. Thanks, Jeff :???:

Welcome to the forum Jeff-D :smile:

When it comes to TCP and all things internet, Advanced System Care Internet Booster is the tool that will give you optimum performance.

Note: If you have Win 7 you do not need to use Internet Booster, Win 7 does a great job itself (or so they tell me)

If you have Win 7 I would suggest you accept the changes System Optimization offers you and leave it at that.

If you don't have Win 7:

• Run Advanced System Care System Optimization and accept the TCP changes and any other changes you are happy with.

• Exit Advanced System Care

• Launch Advanced System Care again and run Internet Booster to get the optimum settings.

• Exit Advanced System Care

• Restart your computer then run System Optimization again

• Place any suggested changes in the Ignore list (should be named TCP something)

The TCP settings that Internet Booster provides are much more accurate and precise than the TCP settings that System Optimization provides, which are more 'general' :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Thanks for the info !!

Thanks to all. Feel alot less lost with the info presented, & will now delve deeper into the 'Usage' sections. This is what I was looking for. I hate just blindly saying Yes to a program's suggestions w/o knowing at least a minimum what can/will happen. Great attitude here is evident in all the posts I've read so far! thanks again, Jeff

Archived