IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster hangs on Print Spooler.

kidblast

Hi,

I just started using the latest version of Gamebooster.

It loads and runs fine but when I set it to return to normal mode it hangs on 'Print Spooler' process with the little green dial rotating. The only way to get out is to 'abort'. Then the strange things happen, after aborting none of the quick launch buttons work and I cannot shut the system down, the whole shutdown facility is inactive. So, I am forced to do a hard reset which is never recommended and I am wan to do.

After rebooting I can print so the processes are obviously reset but why is the application hanging and freezing the system?

I am running a Dell Dimension 8250 (circa 2005) on Windows XP SP3 with a P4 2.56 CPU and 776MB ram with a Winfast Leadtek 7600GT game card.

Hi kidblast,

Are you on network when you are at work, and then you use Game Booster at home without network?

Best thing to do is unchecking Print Spooler before going to Gaming mode.

Also try the shortcut cleaner of ASC, there may be shortcuts to your connected printers, and when GB is turning back to Normal mode it may be searching for those non-existent printers for connection.

Cheers.

Archived