IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem with computer

RamboTwo

Hello, this is my first time posting in the IObit forums. I have recently been having problems with my computer. My computer will shut down by itself sometimes. It seems to do this more often during high use. I have read that it may have to do with overheating, but sometimes some of my Windows live Onecare settings will be changed by themselves(spyware and monitoring will just be turned off) along with my windows security settings. I currently use CCleaner, Advanced SystemCare, and IObit Security 360.

This may be unrelated but also when I leave my computer on for a while, I wont be able to open any of my browsers. It reports that they crash and when trying to restart, they crash again. If whoever is going to help me needs more information regarding my issue, I will try to add ASAP. Thanks again.

Hi RamboTwo!

Your system has issues.

Can you run a hijack scan in 360 and copy/paste it here? Just go to the tools section on the left side, click it then hit hijack scan when finished... then hit save report. Then copy/paste it to your next post here.

Also, what anti-virus are you running? None of the softwares you listed are true anti-virus. Also what is your version of windows and what hardware do you run?

-Mel

P.S. Overheat could be possible eplanation for sudden shutdown... but by your post I assume you have ruled this out already??? This wouldn't explain the other symptoms though.

Windows live one care.

Disable/shut down windows live one care. Get Superantispyware here: http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

Get the free version, and run it.

P.S... Rambo this is my intuitive recommendation, not having time to wait for your post. It will do no harm and the potential help is there. I will check back tomorrow as to your progress with this. don't worry, others will post and watch! Good night all!

I would look at overheating too as mentioned take the case of look at the fans and motherboard are they clogged with dust?

turn the pc on with the case off are the fans running smoothly, any noise from the fan bearings?

goto into your bios does it give any temp readings, if it does leave the computer on with the bios screen to see how much the temp rises does it still shut down.

another option might be RAM starting to play up, do you have memtest86 to test your RAM?

sorry to worry you but shut downs could be a host of hardware related problems including a failing PSU and hdd too.

best way to check the PSU is swap it over with another, does it smell?

Hi RamboTwo,

Try Speed Fan 4.40, where you can find the link in Google search.

You will see the temperatures of different components of your PC, and even adjust the speed of fans in your PC. Please read througly the information about the software, it is rather a very professional and a useful software controlling some parts of the hardware.

You will understand if your problem is because of overheating before it occurs.

NOTE: If the problem is because of security problems, we will move the thread to the concerned section.

Cheers.

as sunny already stated.

if i can ,add to this ,remove the side of your box, run the unit without it in enclosed.you now can see the fans and feel if its extra heat.do not poke in your fingers ok. while its plunged in..haaa

.but you get a good look ..and do some self cleaning .as suggested,.a small paint brush is fine ,take it out side.dust it out.take a good look at the sinks

are the silver.100% check the wires,and plunged in points.

just check.moister? .look up at the underside.inside top.

any how good luck .and hope is very minor..

itsmejjj

Now that's cool

Welcome to the forum RamboTwo :smile:

This software is Portable (no installation) and is very handy for a quick check of your temperatures, especially if you have a NoteBook which are quite prone to overheating

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4289&d=1266603162

Please reply with the answers to the questions Melvin_Deal asked also so we can narrow down the possible causes :smile:

Geez Louise garybear, are you sitting in snow ?

Oh, wait a minute, I'm in the tropics :lol:

All the best, woz of oz

Sorry for taking so long to reply... heres the info..

The system I am currently running is a laptop

Dell Inspiron 1525, Microsoft Vista Home Basic,

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz, 1667 Mhz, 2 Cores, 2 Logical

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) - 1.00 GB

The Anti-virus I am currently using is a paid subscription of Windows Live Onecare.

HijackScan Results...

I tried to post the results but it exceeded my character posting limit... so I have attached the file to this post.

If any other info is needed I will try to check this again by the end of the night and will try to post. Thank you all again for so much help

HijackScan Report1.txt

Hi Rambo

Are you saying that you do not have an anti-virus program installed?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. edit: O we posted simultaneously, - so you are using Windows live OneCare as your sole anti-virus-

I would advice you to try one of the better on-line anti-virus scanners on the internet

Hello, this is my first time posting in the IObit forums. I have recently been having problems with my computer. My computer will shut down by itself sometimes. It seems to do this more often during high use. I have read that it may have to do with overheating, but sometimes some of my Windows live Onecare settings will be changed by themselves(spyware and monitoring will just be turned off) along with my windows security settings. I currently use CCleaner, Advanced SystemCare, and IObit Security 360.

This may be unrelated but also when I leave my computer on for a while, I wont be able to open any of my browsers. It reports that they crash and when trying to restart, they crash again. If whoever is going to help me needs more information regarding my issue, I will try to add ASAP. Thanks again.

Hi Rambo

As I added in my previous post - try an online virus scanner!!!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. excerpt from wikipedia

The virus scanner on the Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner site runs a scan of the user's computer only when the site is visited. It does not run periodic scans of the system, and does not provide features to prevent viruses from infecting the computer at the time, or thereafter. It simply resolves detected infections.

I do have an Antivirus installed and in use every day. It is Windows Live Onecare and it runs tests and checks daily, but the issues still emerge... Starting to doubt Onecare...

I just downloaded SuperAntiSpyware and have installed it.

I am now scanning my system for problems.

For the Online Virus Scan, is that included in my Onecare or do I have to visit their main site and complete a separate scan?

EDIT: I read your post wrong, could you give some examples of better free online virus scans?

Hi RamboTwo!

Long day... just getting back... SuperAntiSpyware not solution I think... only a suggestion based on a few experiences in the past, certainly not harmful I am glad the other forum members have been paying attention.

The online virus scanners have nothing to do with one care. They are produced by independent companies, and will scan your system without you having to install their product, think of it as a "second opinion"

Here's a good online scanner: http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/ You must be on line to run it.

To help cool your machine, you can elevate the back of it above the flat plane that it rests on... also it should be a hard flat plane with no cloth on it at all. You should never run your machine for extended periods of time on textiles!!

JJJ uses lots of towers, you do not. But his suggestion applies about making sure the input/output ports for proper ventilation are clear of dust and applies even more so, as you cannot remove the casing.

One care does not have a very high detection rate.

There is some work to be done in your system as well... I will post back on that, but the most important thing for now is to eliminate the shut down thing.

I have to go back and review the posts here again.

-Mel

Are you using a USB broadband wireless modem?? Little device that plugs into your USB port to give you internet through cellular service provider?

Archived