IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Does ASC Pro Change McAfee Settings?

mischele

Hi, this is my first post so please be kind. ;-)

I installed ASC3 Pro and ran the scan - omg, it found alot of problems. It used to take at least 12 mins to completely log onto my computer but now it's maybe 3 or 4. That alone was worth $20.

However... last night, when I tried to go to a favorite cam site that I hadn't been to since installing ASC, I couldn't get in. It turned out my McAfee AntiVirus had parental controls enacted. (This has never happened before). It took forever to finally change the parental controls - frankly, I'm not sure how I ended up doing it - but, today, I can't access the cam site again.

Does ASC change McAfee settings? If so, how do I get it to stop?

Thanks so much!

Hi mischele, welcome to the Forum.

I do use McAfee too, together with ASC Pro, and it doesn't touch the parental controls of McAfee.

Anyhow, after a Scan of ASC, click the xxproblems found, and if you find anything concerning parental control, put them in the Ignore List by right Clicking on the item and selecting ignore option.

I would advice to read the USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread.

BTW, which computer optimization are you using inthe System Optimization section of Options? ie. Basic, Daily use, Entertainment, etc..

Cheers.

Hi mischele!

You will have to watch carefully the scan while it is occuring to click on the "red problems" as Enoskype directs. When you click on them... it will temporarily pause ASC and allow you to review the list. Once you are done with the list in one section of the scan and exit it, ASC will resume scanning until you open another "red problems" list for review. If you are not watching, ASC will continue scanning and fixing by the current settings and ignore list, and is relatively fast.

So in other words, if you leave the PC to answer the phone, or go to put the laundry in the dryer, or browse your collection of movies,... etc. You may miss your opportunity to review the lists!:-D

-Mel

Well, Mel :lol: , if it is not automatic (Care button), and unless you don't click the Repair button, you can click on each red xxproblems in each section to review the lists after Scan is over.

So it is not a problem answering a phone call, etc.:-P

Cheers.:-)

Thanks!

Hi Eno & Melvin - thanks very much for the help!

Eno, the Setting is on "Daily Use Home Settings". It was recommended and was true, so I left it there.

The first scan showed 45 Spyware, 437 Registry Fix, 875 Privacy and 796.40MB of junk was cleared. I was at the point of doing cold shutdowns and it was so frustrating... but all of that is gone.

Eno & Melvin, I didn't realize I could click on the results and make changes. Great!

Oh - Eno, thanks so much for the link!

:-P

You'r welcome,

If you can give some information about your OS, security softwares and hardware, you can get valuable advice from the members to get a better performance from your PC.

Also, defragmenting your disk by IObit's Smart Defrag will increase the performance of your computer considerably.

I am glad your problem is solved.

Cheers.

Archived