IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

High CPU Demand

jhaskins75

when IOBIT update is running, my CPU demand /usage is almost 100%. I have to end the process via. Task Manager. I feel the update is an important feature, but the demand interferes with my window performance. I tried the compatibility mode for Vista Sp1 as well as XP sp3 but the results are the same. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. Is there a solution to this problem?:roll:

Hi jhaskins75,

I take it that you are talking about ASC, and that much CPU usage is not normal in Win 7 Ultimate.

ASC works well in Windows 7, you don't need any other compatability mode.

Did you give the full permission in your firewall for the update of ASC, ie. IObitUpdate.exe?

Which security programs are you using?

Cheers.

High cpu demand

I gave it administrative permission after going through properties/advance settings. All other aspects of advance windows care pro 3.4.2 are functional and working correctly. Only when the IObit automatic download runs do I get this High CPU usage. I only notice the IObit Auto update engaged on a rare few occasions, so I just dismiss it. If you have a tweak or two to suggest, I will surely give it a try....:roll:

Clean Install

Hi jhaskins75,

We also recommend you do a clean isntall of the latest ASC v3.5. Method introduced in the link enoskype posted.

That is deleting all program files and directories after uninstall your running version.

Usually path: "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3"

"C:\Documents and Settings\{User name}\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare"

Some previous version's files are still in your installation files and directories, which cause the problem.

Archived