IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Question and a suggestion

blacksea

Question;

I know that having two realtime shields running at the same time is bad. I have one running from IS360 and one of Avast! 5.0

Even thought I haven't encountered any problem yet, is it still recommend that I turn one of the two off ?

Suggestion;

Allot of the security programs I have used has a warning when I want to close the application. Like a example if I click on exit, is warns me; Are you sure you want to close ""? It is recommend to keep "" running to protect your computer.

If a program do say that, it will give me more the feeling that the program keeps me safe and should be running whole time.

And IS360 is a very good program and I'd like to see that it in fucntion later with IS360.

Cheers.

Blacksea

Cheers

Hi there Blacksea,

I don't know how IS360's shields work but, generally speaking, one anti-malware with shields ON will not conflict with your antivirus' shields. You can even add a third party firewall with HIPS without conflict.

The rule is : never have two antivirus programs running with shields and the same thing goes for software firewalls (including the one in Windows). With anti-malware programs, it's less clear and it depends on the type of shields used. I wouldn't run two "similar" anti-malware programs with shields though (like IS360 Pro, MBAM with licence, SAS, WinPatrol, SpySweeper).

I use AntiVir here and it doesn't warn me when I shut the shields down ; I don't mind, especially since the Windows Security Center does warn me. My anti-malware program does warn me but it makes no real difference to me. Personal preference, really.

===

Archived