IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Disk Cleanup always finds 579,948kb of compress old files.

warrior4302

compression

Hi warrior

I do not think you want to get rid of them. It is just files, that either ARE compressed or which you can compress.

But it is basically files that you do not use so much, but which you probably do not want to get rid of.

Greetings

Basicaly each time I do a scan with Disk cleanup it always finds that amount of compress old files as stated in the title. Even after I delete them they still appear. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or to get rid of them.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, try this it might work, worked for me

Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

To work around this problem, follow these steps:

1.Click Start, and then click Run.2.Type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.3.Locate, and then click the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches4.On the File menu, click Export, and then click Desktop, type VolumeCaches in the File name box, and then click Save.

Note This step creates a backup of the VolumeCaches registry key. If you experience any problems after you complete the steps that are listed in this procedure, you can use this backup to restore the VolumeCaches key to its original state. To restore the key, double-click the VolumeCaches.reg file on your desktop, and then click Yes.5.Expand the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches6.Delete the Compress old files registry key.7.Quit Registry Editor.

warrior4302,

Nuber 6. belongs to the step of deleting compress old files.

So, there is only "VolumeCaches".

The procedure has been explained in 6 steps by JUN41D24F4R.

If you check the whole post, you will notice the step numbers from 1. to 6.

Cheers.

Thanks i didnt realise,

P.S if i delete the compress old files key it removes the entry in Disk Cleanup which i dont want it to do, so should i delete all the keys in the compress old files section and not the actual key or what??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived