IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Auto Defrag not doing it's job!

Hi luckyvic

I suppose that if you have uninstalled for good - no one sees any point in trying to help you.

When doing the clean uninstall/install did you follow the procedure to the letter and did you also delete the program folder before installing anew?

By the way you seem to run into trouble using all the IObit programs, so you must be uncommonly unlucky :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

No response(s) yet!! I guess no one cares.

Wow!

Yes, I have uninstalled for good. Seems there would be some response or concern that this version isn't working correctly. Yes, I followed the proper procedure to the letter. I may be an expert pc user, but I'm not a dummy if that's what you are getting at.

O I "seem" to be the "only" one to run into a lot problems with various IObit programs? I think not. Look around the forum, I ain't alone, there several here that are "unlucky" as well . You sound disrepectful towards. I realize I'm using the freeware programs, but if I was a paying customer I would be rather p-ssed off at this type of response.

Look, I love IObit programs, but when they don't work or cause problems, one should be free to voice their concerns. I'm not complaining.

I will still recommend IObit programs both freeware and paid versions to everyone I know. I have even defended IObit recently in another forum due the bad WOT rating and Malwarebyte controversy.

I hope to continue use IObit programs and be able to freely voice reasonable concerns here in the forum.

Hi luckyvic

Please read Usage of IObit Products

(link in my signature)

Around 3% of the posts in this forum comes from IObit employees, the remaining 97% comes from other users - those with problems and those trying to help. I belong in the latter group along with several others.

Apparently you did not see my comment as an attempt of humour, so I must have been too clumsy, - sorry for that!

By the way - I have no problem with the program, - it is a little slow in opening unless it is placed in the startup. Why that is I don't know - several possibilities - perhaps the antivirus program - even though I have white-listed it there.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I just placed it in the exception list in the firewall - that seemed to help in getting it to respond quicker

Yes, I have uninstalled for good. Seems there would be some response or concern that this version isn't working correctly. Yes, I followed the proper procedure to the letter. I may be an expert pc user, but I'm not a dummy if that's what you are getting at.

O I "seem" to be the "only" one to run into a lot problems with various IObit programs? I think not. Look around the forum, I ain't alone, there several here that are "unlucky" as well . You sound disrepectful towards. I realize I'm using the freeware programs, but if I was a paying customer I would be rather p-ssed off at this type of response.

Look, I love IObit programs, but when they don't work or cause problems, one should be free to voice their concerns. I'm not complaining.

I will still recommend IObit programs both freeware and paid versions to everyone I know. I have even defended IObit recently in another forum due the bad WOT rating and Malwarebyte controversy.

I hope to continue use IObit programs and be able to freely voice reasonable concerns here in the forum.

Peace

I too want to apologize for coming off too strong towards you. I do realize that you are user that offers help and time for free. I also see that many newer versions and updates of programs are released with sometimes very bad results, as with an update of Avast months back that flagged alot legit files as viruses and that were being deleted automatically and/or manually by users. Many people got scr-wed by this update and had to reformat their pcs because they rendered useless.

Why I was concerned about Smardefrag not working because no matter what I did, clean uninstall/install, whitelisting it to the antivirus (Avast!) and exception/allowed to firewall (Online Armor), SD did not auto defrag, froze up alot and did not perform schedule defrag.

There is somewhere here on the forum from someone about SD not auto defragging.

solbjerg, I really truly appreciate all your time and help. Being an Adminstrator here, I and as with others here see you as a representative of IObit and many times unfairly take out our frustrations out on you.

Your attempt of humour is fine, I was out of line and can be an jacka$$ at times.

Peace and out.

Hi luckyvic

Ok, - that's behind us then. Thanks!

I made a test in one of the previous versions (1.1 I think it was) where I ran AutoDefrag first - worked ok, and then a scheduled defrag - also worked ok, but I did not try it with both running at the same time.

And I paid special attention to the settings.

As far as I remember I think I had the option of resources unticked.

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=2247&highlight=scheduling

I suppose one could try to run an autodefrag on C: and a scheduled defrag on D:

Running both on C: seems to me to be "superfluous double entendre". :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. by the way I ran a checkdisk (with restart) after naming it an exception in my firewall.

If the problem persisted I would have tried sfc /scannow

I too want to apologize for coming off too strong towards you. I do realize that you are user that offers help and time for free. I also see that many newer versions and updates of programs are released with sometimes very bad results, as with an update of Avast months back that flagged alot legit files as viruses and that were being deleted automatically and/or manually by users. Many people got scr-wed by this update and had to reformat their pcs because they rendered useless.

Why I was concerned about Smardefrag not working because no matter what I did, clean uninstall/install, whitelisting it to the antivirus (Avast!) and exception/allowed to firewall (Online Armor), SD did not auto defrag, froze up alot and did not perform schedule defrag.

There is somewhere here on the forum from someone about SD not auto defragging.

solbjerg, I really truly appreciate all your time and help. Being an Adminstrator here, I and as with others here see you as a representative of IObit and many times unfairly take out our frustrations out on you.

Your attempt of humour is fine, I was out of line and can be an jacka$$ at times.

Peace and out.

V.1.40 is a mess! Most of the time it freezes up, unresponsive to button commands, doesn't autodefrag,........

Yes, I did clean install a few times using Revo. No 1.40 is uninstalled for good.

Probably because it's free :)

I have 58.795 files and 9.394 fragmented files.

This never changes :)

Hi Maragato

Have you tried IObit Registry Defrag (in Tools) in ASC and then tried to run a new defrag in Smart Defrag?

Please read about the procedure in Usage of IObit Products (links in my signature)

Cheers

solbjerg

Probably because it's free :)

I have 58.795 files and 9.394 fragmented files.

This never changes :)

Archived