IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New! - Beta testing of IObit SmartDefrag

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well. Thanks for the new build, but... Its defragging on my computer is very faulty. Its defrag and optimize finishes in 3 seconds and doesn't do anything. Even if I put a highly fragmented item on the drive, ISD doesn't do anything with it. No clusters are moved at all.

Languages

Hi

I use since a few days the new SmartDefrag beta 4.01.

Hehe, what's that for languages? OK english, ungarian (is the software developers a hungarian?) but what is this for a language: ¼òÌåÖÐÎÄ.lng :shock:

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

In the old version 3.1 it give different languages like german, french and more

warrior4302,

If you add:

Label1.Caption=Test2

as the first line after [MainForm] to the English.lng file, "Test2" will be written there!!!

---------------------

wunderfitz,

¼òÌåÖĞÎÄ is most probably:简体中文

CHS - Simplified Chinese (language = 2052)

Hi Newton,

I found something interesting that might just be a coincidence, but might not. I downloaded the new fix above on my XP and saved the file to desktop. I ran the installation and then ran a defrag. I had the same results as I did above on my Win 2000. It ran for 3 seconds and the report showed no files defragged.

I went back to the setup file on my desktop , right clicked & clicked "properties". At the bottom of the window under Security it showed " This file has come from another computer and may be locked to protect your computer". Out of curiousity I clicked " unlock" & "apply". Then I went back to set up file on the desktop and installed again.

I ran a "defrag" that took 12 minutes, defragged over 1800 files and left 0% fraggmented. Seems to be working great!

Could this be the problem or just a coincidence? Maybe just the second installation fixed it? I don't know but I never noticed the security block warning on it before.

samr.

Feedback

I downloaded the Beta tonight and ran the defrag and optimize. I am not sure how long the defrag took as I went down to have dinner. But I cam back over an hour and a half later and the Optimize was only at 17%.

Does this always take this long?????????

Hi chiki24,

That depends on how much you have on the disc & how fragmented it is. If it is the first time you ran the optimization it takes quite a while to run. It has to move a lot of files. Should be much quicker after the first time.

samr.

In the top left corner under the title "Iobit Smart defrag" is it meant to say "without fetching filename 2".

I think Warrior4302 is talking about the line that I've indicated in the screenshot. I don't understand too what it is meaning but it isn't that much of a problem.

This new 4.01 version is doing a pretty good job. So far I've found only one shortcoming. The reporting feature looks wrong. It doesn't give the filename and a suspicious lot of files appear to be 20 kB large. Please check the screenshot.

Another small bug

I've found another small bug. ISD varies in count of fragmented files.

On the screenshot you can see at the left that the program ended with 2 fragmented files left. The reporting feature shown at the right side of the screenshot reports 2 fragmented files too, but it can only find 1 fragmented file.

Nope it still locks on a 500 GB drive in Vista Ultimate x64. I can defrag and optimize a 74 GB, and two 250 GB drives fine but it cannot do either one of my 500 GB drives. I cannot find a bugreport either. I also cannot end task on the executable as it will still run so my only hope is to do a soft reboot on my machine.

Error

I useing XP SP2, and IObit 4.01 beta worked good few day's on my system. After it, icon in system tray disappeard, I can't turn it back, but I see program work's in background! And option: "Minimize to system tray when program is closed. (Recommended)" is enabled. Now I dont see when Auto Defrag doing a job!

Not Bad

The interface is fine. I don't think it's anyworse or any better than the old one.

The defrag and optimize is a bit faulty. I will defrag and optimize and it won't defrag all the files. But when I defrag again it finds more fragmented files that it can defrag. It should just do all of them in one session. Overall I think I liked the old one better. The stable release, 3.61 or something like that. You should put that up for download again so people with computers that just really don't like this new release can still get a good defragging.

Papudopulos,

Please check this post.

trainstribes,

You are right on repetitive defragmentation with defrag and optimize, but I don't think it is a fault.

The release was 3.1, but there was a bug in the uninstallation, so it is not logical for IObit to put that up for download.

Maybe Beta 3.0 or a new one could be put up for downloading!!!

Defrag 4.01beta bugs

Hi, I've been using several versions of the Defrag program and had good results until the latest one. It hangs up each time I try to use it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but always the same. I receive bug reports, but don't have an email address to send them to. Help!

• 2 weeks later...

1st impression V4.01b

I really like the new V4.01 beta on my Win2k OS. I was using Iobit V3 and it uninstalled it and loaded V4 without any problems [i hope!].

Something I'd like to see on a future beta version:

I have 7 large partitions on my HD. I'd like to be able to schedule each partition to be fully defragmented on different days. Sometimes I can't turn the computer off until the deframentation is completed when it does all the partitions in one sitting. (I turn the bench master switch off when I'm through using the computer.)

Question:

After a defrag of a partition I see areas of empty space between used blocks of data. It seems that this will cause new files to become fragmented when they are saved to disk. Shouldn't "Defrag and Optimize" remove these empty spaces? Basically, all used blocks pushed together at top of the analyze display.

Archived