IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Update System - Not Good Enough

flotman

I bought ASC3 Pro less then 2 months ago.

Yesterday I received an email that there is an update (no mention of having to pay for it).

I followed the link and I updated.

I am now back to the FREE version because every time I try to Activate it, I get "The license has been activated for maximum PCs and cannot be used, please purchase another license......etc".

I sent an email about this and am still waiting for a reply.

It's a shame that software manufacturers/sellers have to focus their business on software pirates and not paying customers, or is this just simply greed?

Hi floatman,

We have to be fair to IObit that they are very generous if you have a Pro version, because many times they have shown that even for the users who has changed their PCs.

It must be a glitch that you are having, as the new update does not need any payment whatsoever if you are using it on the same PC.

1. Please, clean uninstall ASC (this is explained in the relevant post in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread.)

Then, install the latest version of ASC which you can find download links in ASC 3 version 3.5.0 is released [updated Feb. 11, 2010] thread.

Enter your user name and the code supplied to you. Validate.

2. If you are using the same PC as the one when you first installed the ASC Pro version, and the above suggestion does not solve your problem, please send an e-mail to support@iobit.com again, and describe the situation.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers.

Hi flotman

Sounds peculiar ??

Do you have both the pro and the free version on your machine?

And are you then trying to upgrade the free version??

What pro version do you have?

Which version did you download and install.

Usually a new version is just downloaded and then installed over the top in order for the license information to be present in the new install.

All this is explained in Usage of IObit Products (link in my signature) where you will also find addresses and links that are helpful in your situation.

By the way please stay in the original thread for this subject and please do not clutter up the forum with the same subject in several threads.

Thank you!

Cheers

solbjerg

I bought ASC3 Pro less then 2 months ago.

Yesterday I received an email that there is an update (no mention of having to pay for it).

I followed the link and I updated.

I am now back to the FREE version because every time I try to Activate it, I get "The license has been activated for maximum PCs and cannot be used, please purchase another license......etc".

I sent an email about this and am still waiting for a reply.

It's a shame that software manufacturers/sellers have to focus their business on software pirates and not paying customers, or is this just simply greed?

Archived