IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

i can't play online!?!

so i have just downloaded the newest version and it works fine till i try and join a online game. I am playing bad company 2, the single player works fine, and i can log into the muliplayer, but as the map is loading i get booted back to the multiplayer screen and it says that the connection has been lost....then when i stop game booster, i can play no problem...whats up??

Hi kramernator,

That sounds very strange! I don't have Bad Company 2 but I have Battlefield 2 and what I have read the way you find multiplayer servers in Bad Company 2 is very different from earlier Battlefield games (no dedicated).

The only thing I can think of right now would be that you possibly shutdown a process or service that's necessary for BC2 multiplayer to function.

You could try go through all entries and make sure that Game Booster doesn't shutdown anything related to the game, and then try again, also to make sure it's not a temporary problem.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Got a little more info for the OP, just incase he/she is not aware.

That error message you are receiving is very very common, unfortunately!

Although it is beginning to get a little better now, its still happening often for some people. Its quite common for people to be disconnected from game every 30 minutes, a smaller minority of unlucky people get disconnected every 5 minutes. It is the EA server at fault, not Gamebooster, not your pc nor your connection etc so dont worry.

I would say that your theory in saying you only get disconnected when using Gamebooster is deffinately a coincidence.

There have been dozens of threads about this problem on the official forum, lots of people complaining, and some more constructive threads with possible fixes, that have worked for some people.

One of those was to disabled "uPnP" in your router settings, and this one seemed to have fixed the problem for me.

That thread is here: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/959986-potential-server-disconnect-fix.html

Or feel free to browse others, or create your own at: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/

1 last bit of info is this new picture-guide somebody has created, with some settings/tips that can help you.

I have no idea if you just a normal dude who enjoy to play games, or is the next einstein with computers, so incase you are the 2nd I will apologise incase I sound like Im trying to teach you! Its not my intention but just trying to help! :)

Anyway check this picture/guide out, its real nice:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/313/radco2.jpg

I dont recommend you changing the Sound to HIGH like mentioned though, nor play about with the FoV setting

Good luck and I hope you manage to get it sorted

Archived