IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2.1.1

Jude

http://www.filehippo.com/download_mbsa/

Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) 2.0 is an easy-to-use tool that helps small and medium businesses determine their security state in accordance with Microsoft security recommendations and offers specific remediation guidance. Improve your security management process by using MBSA to detect common security misconfiguration and missing security updates on your computer systems.

Built on the Windows Update Agent and Microsoft Update infrastructure, MBSA ensures consistency with other Microsoft management products including Microsoft Update (MU), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Systems Management Server (SMS) and Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM).

A tool everyone should have..

Jude

Not feeling the love

I couldn't get Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer to work.

I am Administrator

When I put in my Computer Name it says it can't find my computer

I went to Computer Name and looked at changing the name, it said I had to turn Networking on.

I have turned all Networking off because I don't need it so that is not an option for me.

When I put in my IP address it says it can't find my computer.

The address it says I am not at is not the addrress I put in, when I check the address with SamSpade I get this message:

ERROR: IP Range Reserved by IANA.org

I am quite sure this address is reserved for the wi-fi router.

I guess I will have to live without it, oh well :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Why don't you temporarily turn on networing?

Do not enter the IP address yourself, or you have to put the address of your PC connected to router/modem.

This is the third generation MBSA, the earlier ones showed more details.

Even, MS's own security analyzer has a glitch, as it shows TelNet as stopped when it is disabled.

The program is designed for IT managers of networked PCs, so the Administrator rights on C: and Windows are seen as a weakness.

Checks the presence of Windows firewall if it is turned on, not taking into cosideration of the third party firewalls.

If you have questions about MBSA, please shoot.

Cheers.

No go

I went to the MS website and downloaded 2.1 and 2.1.1, tried 2.1 (no luck) then tried 2.1.1 (still no luck)

I had a look at turning Networking on but since I only have one NetBook, no printer or fax and always use public wi-fi, I don't need or want to share anything with any other computer and so have turned off everything.

I have done so many tweaks to all things Networking that it is not just a matter of flicking a switch.

I guess MBSA is just not for me :wink:

My only interest in MBSA was checking that all updates are installed, so how does using MBSA compare to using Secunia PSI or even the MS Update website ?

All the best, woz of oz

Archived