IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Post your suggestion, bug report here

Tim Xue

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerrrys

well...this looks like the place to post this...the subject has been brought up here...

i been using AWC on my xp for ever and now have a vista laptop...on vista, AWC (free) works just fine in administrator account, but will not work on standard user account...i get the message "must be administrator to use this program"...ok; so i change the account to "admin" and guess what, i still get the same message...have tried the usual fixes..reboots..reloads..still getting same message..also verified that change to admin was working..anyone got any ideas? thanks in advance...jerrrys

Try this:

Right click on AWC and select "Run as Administrator". Approve any obnoxious Windows UAC prompts. AWC should now run without changing accounts.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugs with AWC RC4 - Cookies and SFC

If you have any suggestion or want to report bug to us, please have no hesitate to post it here. But DO NOT SPAM.

I have not seen these problems posted.

I use Vista Ultimate 64-bit (desktop) and Vista Home Premium 32-bit (notebook) with AWC RC-4 installed on each. Most other installed sotware are the same on both PCs.

COOKIES:

I have preserved useful cookies for certain websites through several generations of Windows by using the IE cookie import/export feature on the File menu. When I import these cookies, by default Vista places them in Username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Cookies/Low. Additional cookies acquired when this account is run normally are placed in the same "Cookies/Low" folder. Only cookies acquired when surfing with this account "Run as Administrator" are saved directly in the higher level "Cookies" folder.

AWC only recognizes cookies in the Username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Cookies folder, not those in the Username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Cookies/Low folder. As such, AWC does not clean the cookies I acquire roaming the net and the AWC "exclude/ignore" feature does not allow me to save my useful cookies unless IE7 is run as an "Administrator." Other cookie cleaner/keeper utilities like Norton SytemWorks and ZoneAlarm Security Suite have correctly identified this default cookie location.

Is it possible to add to the "options" menu a browsable folder locator to set the default or any customized location for Cookies, temp folders etc, used in AWC cleaning processes? This would make your application's features useful to more users and help solve problems for those who do not always run their OS and browsers with Administrator privileges.

SFC:

In 32-bit Vista the Sytem File Checker in the Utilities section launches and runs as it should. However, on the 64-bit system clicking SFC briefly launches a black DOS command screen, which disappears in less than 1 second. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks

hi tim, re bug/glitch downloading the pro version of the iobit.(as it would not accept the license number)!!!

despite at least 10/12 e- mails to and from iobit support, nothing seemed to work, except for the last e- mail from iobit,which suggested to check very carefully the difference with the letter O and tthe number 0 !!!.

when i re entered using the number or numbers , all loaded 100%.(and works great!!!)

hopefully this helps other users if they have the same problem (as i found with the e-mail confirming the license it was hard to see the difference between the o and the 0 )

regards,

mike osborne

the bug that wasn't a bug

Hi mike!

I just want to add to your heads up that the safest - and easiest way to write the license number is to copy it and then paste it in the appropriate place :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

hi tim, re bug/glitch downloading the pro version of the iobit.(as it would not accept the license number)!!!

despite at least 10/12 e- mails to and from iobit support, nothing seemed to work, except for the last e- mail from iobit,which suggested to check very carefully the difference with the letter O and tthe number 0 !!!.

when i re entered using the number or numbers , all loaded 100%.(and works great!!!)

hopefully this helps other users if they have the same problem (as i found with the e-mail confirming the license it was hard to see the difference between the o and the 0 )

regards,

mike osborne

Hi trandoanhung

Perhaps you don't need any

Or perhaps your security settings are blocking the function?

Works alright by me, but I haven't downloaded any updates as I am a bit wary still of this function. At least I think one has to do it very carefully and check for the precisely right driver before attempting an update.

The function also comes with a warning that it is still in the beta stage.

Cheers

solbjerg

So I tried out this nifty feature called Update Driver and it found 3 drivers. Great news. Shitty thing is: when I click download nothing happens?? I see a white box top right corner for a split second then nothing.hmmm

I had ASC2, and was very happy with it. It cleaned ad optimised while my PC was idle. I updated to ASC3 yesterday. My PC is no longer cleaned and optimised automatically. :cry:

How can I get ASC 2 back with the auto features? If I have to do it all manually I am likely to give up using it. Incidentally the forum no longer recognised my email address when I asked for a reminder of my password, so I have had to re-register.

AWC 3 tools

Shortcut Fixer maybe need some optimization on x64 Windows:

He's confused because there two folders [program files and program files (x86)]

I am scare to fix this ~1300 shortcuts ;)

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1329/21032972yr3.jpg

Driver Update every time found Intel Chipset update...i was already install this:

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/2913/60822890pv8.jpg

Anyway Advanced SystemCare Personal 3.0.0 Final is just great. :-P

drivers

Hi Trandoanhung-this feature in ASC is glitchy at best-even if it works,(mine looks to the internet) I would avoid it and go directly to your manufacturer's website for driver updates-in my opinion, this is one area of maintenance that shouldn't be trusted to a third party application

Yes

Hi Trandoanhung-this feature in ASC is glitchy at best-even if it works,(mine looks to the internet) I would avoid it and go directly to your manufacturer's website for driver updates-in my opinion, this is one area of maintenance that shouldn't be trusted to a third party application

I know that, but i want to help Iobit team to optimize this modules ;)

systray.exe error

I have recently install AWC 3.0 and when the Security Analyzer Log File included the following entry:

Startup systray.exe Added by the FLOOD.AV TROJAN! Note - this is not the legitimate systray.exe process

I have a licensed copy of McAfee installed and manually scanned my laptop but nothing was detected. Is this a bug in AWC 3.0 or is there really a problem? If so, how do I eliminate this problem?

help

If you have any suggestion or want to report bug to us, please have no hesitate to post it here. But DO NOT SPAM.

I downloaded the new RC4 and have more problems then ever - I had no problems with the other version, so I need to know how to go in back to the orginal and than re set my computer back to where it was before the download .

My system has to be rebooted all the time before getting on the internet and pages won't load now. I work on this and really need it be available to me at all times. Please help

Hi Tim.

I have just upgraded to ASC 3 and have checked for cloned files, of which I appear to have many. It would be extremely useful if the report could be printed out so I could have the printout alongside me whilst I fix the cloning. Is there any way of doing this, or could it be included in the next version?

regards,

Installing new verson of Advanced System Care

I downloaded the new versio of ASc Pro 4 and when running new version the actual window you see is barley readable. I have thought about unistalling it and re-insalling to see if that would fix problem. Well I still cant see the window when running.:-?

Registry defrag module still cause problems

The version is Advanced SystemCare Personal 3.0.1.586

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/4177/awcff3.jpg

I haven't problems with the older version...

No problems and with Auslogics Registry Defrag 4.1

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/8687/51535509ki2.jpg

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1636

I hope you fix this bug soon ;)

Advanced SystemCare Pro 3.0.1.586

If you Auto Optimize with FirefoxTCP Optimizer multiple times with different options, it corrupts your Firefox config file(prefs.js), for example extensions configurations won't save after that, I had to fix it manually.

asc & comodo interaction

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:pg-mnASaWUUJ:forums.iobit.com/showthread.php%3Fp%3D8400+comodo+awc&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&client=opera

CIS_Setup_3.5.57173.439_XP_Vista_x32.exe

installed comodo firewall only, no antivirus & no defense+

get:

Access violation at address 00416BAE in module

'Sut_WinManager.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

Advanced Systemcare v3 - & Firefox Profile 'not found'

I've been a 'beta tester' since this program was called 'windowscare' & each version I've tried the same problem STILL exists

I have sent many feedback each time (Through the beta tester feedback option in AWC/ASC) but it seems that other things take priority

The problem is on 'FirefoxTCP optimiser' > 'Auto Optimize' > 'Boost Now'

I get pop-up of 'FirefoxTCP otimized' BUT under 'Mozilla Firefox' I get message 'Not find Firefox'

Even trying the 'Firefox Optimize' > 'Performance' > 'Apply' I get 'Do not find profile directory of Firefox'

The thing is I ONLY USE FIREFOX (I don't use IE whenever I possible can)

- I have sent a suggestion that this 'fault' could be because I don't have firefox profile in the 'default directory' on the C:\ drive.

[i have it stored on another partition (D:\) just in case I have to re-install Windows - this way I don't lose all my bookmarks etc]

- I have suggested that a [browse for Profile] option could be added - but this has never appeared.

- I have transferred my Firefox profile BACK to C:\ Drive - but it's still not found.

- Tried older versions (I currently have v3 installed) just in case Firefox 3 uses a different method to older version - still no good

So is the profile directory 'hardwired' into ASC or is there a registry entry that can be altered that allows ASC to 'find' my profile ???

Oh before I forget:

Windows XP Pro with SP3

Advanced Systemcare v3.0.1 [Free] - not paying until everything working right

Firefox v3.0.4

had aproblem with asc pro i am pretty sure it screwed up my computer. was not able to change user log out or turn of the computer.restore the back up did not help.i suspect it cut to deep in the registry.before asc i used systweaks advanced system optimizer and it made a system restore point and made a backup of the registry.do asc backup the same way?is it possible to make the registry cleaner safer?is it possible to deaktivate the defrag in asc,if i by any chance i want to use another defrag, i used disckeeper automatic defrag and didn`t need the built in defrag.maybe you can change this in later versions.when i use the driver update i want to make a backup of all the drivers.just in case.is it possible to improve this also.

After install problem

After install on one of my computers when the free ASC starts, the entire monitor screen becomes black and white and is barely readable. The mouse pointer still works and it appears that ASC is running. The only way to correct the white/black distorted screen issue is to reboot the computer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times with the same result. The previous version of AWC worked fine on this comp. My other comp is OK with ASC.

Any suggestions?

billb

Hello Tim, I upgraded to ASC V3 on 11-20-08, and was impressed however, by 11-26-08 my XP system had slowed down drasticly. This coupled with Windows current remodeling of their Live Mail system has slowed my ability to get online and Testify about my Painless Victory's over diseases! Well last night I discovered how to restore the settings with the backup that I made when I ran ASC V3. Please feel free to E Mail me also if you need any additional information, God Bless!

PC Runs as Slow as Molasses

Hello Dear PC Experts:

My PC is running VERY slow lately. I've scanned forviruses, spyware, deleted unnessesary programs, did a defrag and a registry check.

Still, the PC runs so slow, it's driving me crazy.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Joyce

Hello Dear PC Experts:

My PC is running VERY slow lately. I've scanned forviruses, spyware, deleted unnessesary programs, did a defrag and a registry check.

Still, the PC runs so slow, it's driving me crazy.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Joyce

do you have anything being a resource hog? such as norton 08 or older or AVG? also hers a list of software recommended: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1650

and

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1651

id like to know what programs you use to speed up and scan your computer with.