IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Post your suggestion, bug report here

Tim Xue

ASC Pro did not find profile directory for Firefox

Just upgraded to ASC 3.0.1 PRO - Tried to use Firefox TCP Optimizer

Get an error box - "Did not find profile directory of Firefox"

Firefox is located in C: Program Files.

Why can't ASC PRO find it ??:sad:

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just upgraded to ASC 3.0.1 PRO - Tried to use Firefox TCP Optimizer

Get an error box - "Did not find profile directory of Firefox"

Firefox is located in C: Program Files.

Why can't ASC PRO find it ??:sad:

holod on. you arent the first one. let the devs do their job. as for now its not important as that function is still in beta and on a fast computer the difference is neglible

Before Crying Wolf, About A Program!

I am posting this because this actually happened

to me. I started having trouble with my system

after I had installed ASC V3, which reported and repaired

as per my ok, over 6,000 registry problems on the first scan.

THE PROBLEM WAS MY HIGH SPEED CABLE SERVICE, EVEN

THOUGH THE ROUTER AND MY VONAGE PHONE SERVICE ALL

APPEARED TO BE WORKING PROPERLY FOR ABOUT TWELVE DAYS

OF SUFFERING, THINKING THAT ASC V3 WAS THE PROBLEM AND I

WANT TO SAY ASC V3 HAS HELPED MY COMPUTER, God Bless!

Bug fix

Tim

I'm not sure if this counts as a bug but it seems like a big one from where I sit. (posted elsewhere)...

PRO upgrade trashes Outlook and Win shutdown

I've just paid to upgrade to PRO because I was happy with the free version of ASC. The first time I ran Pro it found a lot of errors and fixed them. Unfortunately the "fix" means I can't run Outlook anymore. It can't find the profiles, address book or archives. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No luck.

I'm running XP home and Office 2003.

AND, now when I shut down the system it takes forever - seven minutes last time.

When I switch on again, I get the windows shutdown/startup error message.

All this is new. My system was running fine before.

AND... Despite the IOBit claims - PRO makes my system (online and off) run noticeably slower.

Why so many registry errors?

I've Windows Vista Ultimate on my laptop, and recently got Advanced SystemCare 3 Pro. While I'm certainly impressed with it's cleaning and tweaking capabilities, I would definitely ask you guys to review the registry cleaner. I run it every time I uninstall some software and it finds something like 300+ errors. However today out of a little curiosity I ran 5 back-to-back to scans with the tool and here's what it found :

209 errors in 1st scan - fixed

196 errors in 2nd scan - fixed

196 errors in 3rd scan - fixed

196 errors in 4th scan - fixed

196 errors in 5th scan! - fixed

I restarted and scanned again, to get those ridiculous 196 errors again!

A quick browsing through the list confirmed that the tool was detecting the same <non-existent> errors in all the last 5 scans! I certainly think it needs looking into. :-)

Hi ashubetta

I tried your method - first run 176 "problems" second time 4 "problems"

third time none

I guess it depends on how much you have running on the computer in the background and otherwise.

Every time there is activity, something is moved and a log of the activity is created. Some of this will milliseconds later be considered as a "problem", - other registry cleaners may have other parameters and will therefore generate a different respons.

Elsewhere in the manual I think IObit has said that to "over"clean is not adviseable.

Speed-wise I do not think you will notice any difference even with a fair amount of "problems".

Cheers

solbjerg

I've Windows Vista Ultimate on my laptop, and recently got Advanced SystemCare 3 Pro. While I'm certainly impressed with it's cleaning and tweaking capabilities, I would definitely ask you guys to review the registry cleaner. I run it every time I uninstall some software and it finds something like 300+ errors. However today out of a little curiosity I ran 5 back-to-back to scans with the tool and here's what it found :

209 errors in 1st scan - fixed

196 errors in 2nd scan - fixed

196 errors in 3rd scan - fixed

196 errors in 4th scan - fixed

196 errors in 5th scan! - fixed

I restarted and scanned again, to get those ridiculous 196 errors again!

A quick browsing through the list confirmed that the tool was detecting the same <non-existent> errors in all the last 5 scans! I certainly think it needs looking into. :-)

Wrong Windows Temp Files Being Removed

Been using your product since it's inception. Having a problem with your new product Advanced SystemCare 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.1.0. It's simply removing vital Windows Temporary Files that Windows (both XP and Vista) uses to update itself. Such as Windows Updater, or Microsoft Update. And when after being run, these programs no longer update or function correctly. I have narrowed it down to this because, I unchecked the setting in Options/Maintain Windows/Junk Files Clean and with this being done. It no longer happens. So, it is removing essential Windows Temporary Files needed to make these updaters function correctly. It also leads me to believe, what other essential files is this setting removing too? I think you need to look into this problem with Advanced SystemCare 3. This never happened with previous versions. Thanks. :-? Ace

Hi AceHollywood,

Since you are an experienced user of ASC (AWC), your input will be important for us to pinpoint if there is a bug there.

As you know we are talking about the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user Name]\Local Settings\Temp

when we talk about the Temporary Windows Files that ASC 3 is dealing with,and

C:\Documents and Settings\[user Name]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

when ASC 3 deals with IE Temporary Files.

Both are considered as Junk Files Folders by ASC 3 and the files supposed to be deleted when Repair function is used.

Even after deletion, some files are not deleted. Specially if you have checked "Delete Windows temporary files older than 1 week" checkbox under:

"Options"=>"Options:Junk Files Clean" window=>"Additional"

Now, can you give us the list of the files of that Temp folder before and after deletion? Couple of screenshots also would do. Or you could give us the names of the files that you think interferes with Windows Update or other Windows functions.

Normally, the files used for Windows Update is in:

C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution

folder.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.

FYI, there is a function available in dial-a-fix [v0.60.0.24] program to Fix Windows Update.

How To

I can not go to iwon.com and play the free games, how can I remove this from my computer?

Chuck,

Click Press Start Button (XP) or Windows Icon (Vista). Then Click, Control Panel. Then Click, Add or Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista). Find Advanced SystemCare 3 in the scroll down list of programs. Double Click the program and when it asks you, if you want to Remove Advanced SystemCare 3 from your computer, Click Yes. Then Click Finish after it finishes uninstalling it. That's It! Good Luck. ;-)

Chuck,

Click Press Start Button (XP) or Windows Icon (Vista). Then Click, Control Panel. Then Click, Add or Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista). Find Advanced SystemCare 3 in the scroll down list of programs. Double Click the program and when it asks you, if you want to Remove Advanced SystemCare 3 from your computer, Click Yes. Then Click Finish after it finishes uninstalling it. That's It! Good Luck. ;-)

may want to stop the program first in your system tray(bottom right hand corner) before you uninstall. known to have caused problems before.

The new Automatic IObit Live Update Runs Forever ...

The automatic update feature with the new IObit Advanced SystemCare Version 3.x interface doesn't download as quickly and efficiently as the older interface did. I've turned on the IObit Live Update just before I go to bed, then check on it in the morning when I get up.

What I have been finding is the "Welcome to IObit Update" window is still running and says "Retrieving update information, please wait..." and the little green dashes keep going back and forth, but nothing seems to finish. After letting it run for over 12 hours, I feel I have no choice but to select "Cancel" and shut it down.

With the old interface, these automatic updates always ran quite quickly. Now it looks like all I can do is upload the entire Advanced SystemCare Pro application, which then deletes the currently installed version and replaces it with the the newest available.

What can I do to get this regular updating accomplished in a timely manner, like it used to with the old interface?

- budmarks

Smart RAM

I've been using ASC for a few weeks and am pleased with it so far. i made use of the Smart RAM utility but when i downloaded a more recent version of ASC yesterday i can't seem to access this anymore. I click on the icon but nothing happens, any suggestions ?

Johan

Hi Johan

Did you have smart ram running in the background while you updated ASC? Do you have it still in the system tray?

Cheers

solbjerg

I've been using ASC for a few weeks and am pleased with it so far. i made use of the Smart RAM utility but when i downloaded a more recent version of ASC yesterday i can't seem to access this anymore. I click on the icon but nothing happens, any suggestions ?

Johan

Wifi Not Working Properly

After installing ASC Pro, I did everything it asked including system optimization.

To my dismay,

after the initial reboot the wireless would not automatically connect to my home network. it wouldnt even connect after many many tries of disabling/re-enabling the wireless network adapter...

so did rollback through ASC, and uninstalled ASC and rebooted...

still the problem exists....the wireless connects completely randomly at random times.

I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN THIS PRODUCT FROM IOBIT. and now im stuck without any technical help, because its only for paid users, which i am not anymore...

P.S. - I had so much faith in this product I installed it on two other laptops. One which completely failed and I have to return back to HP and another which hasn't rebooted yet....dreading the fear.... :'(

After installing ASC Pro, I did everything it asked including system optimization.

To my dismay,

after the initial reboot the wireless would not automatically connect to my home network. it wouldnt even connect after many many tries of disabling/re-enabling the wireless network adapter...

so did rollback through ASC, and uninstalled ASC and rebooted...

still the problem exists....the wireless connects completely randomly at random times.

I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN THIS PRODUCT FROM IOBIT. and now im stuck without any technical help, because its only for paid users, which i am not anymore...

P.S. - I had so much faith in this product I installed it on two other laptops. One which completely failed and I have to return back to HP and another which hasn't rebooted yet....dreading the fear.... :'(

In Control Panel/Adminstrative Tools/Services enable 'Wireless Zero Configuration' service and change its Startup Type to automatic.

thanks for trying to help guys...

i tried system restore: no luck

then i tried looking up wireless zero confirguration but its already enabled and set for automatic....

still the problem exists....wont connect to my network....randomly connects

Asc V3

Hi, Guys

Have been using the AWC pro version for 18 mths and beta tested the ASC and have had a minor problem which is still happening now with the latest version 3.1.1 with one of the computers that have the program installed on.

It is a Toshiba Laptop P100 it has a T7200 2 Gig Core 2 processor Nvidia 7900GTX Card 3Gig 667 of memory running Xp Pro Sp3.

The problem is when an auto care is performed, the computer works fine until you next boot after awhile the keyboard & mouse pad will not function, it will continue to boot and download anti virus data update and all other start up functions but are not able to move pointer use touch pad shortcuts or windows keys but power button still functions and can touch to close down without the need to do the force shutdown.

One thing have that have noticed after a number of times this problem has occurred is in the task bar icon area the wireless and network icons appear much later than normal and when they exactly appear the keyboard and pad stop to function have tried this a number of times to confirm the observations.

Using the task manager & monitoring the running processes as they launch does not show any that have latched the CPU settles to the normal 3 to 15 % after all the start ups have finished.

When trying to figure what may be the cause of the problem originally thought it may have been a Windows update that likes to break programs running OK.

Used safe mode & rollback the changes that ASC had performed prior to the problem and reboot and the computer works fine and the indication sign that all is OK again is the wireless & network connection icons in the task bar tray appear at the beginning again.

Have now disabled the deep reg scan feature as looking through what the log reports does not display helpful information.:???:

What does the reg deep scan use to compare key contents to decide what is safe to remove or is there some tool can to use to debug this log file?

Any suggestion you could advice of would be greatly appreciated.

BTW to all, have a safe & Happy New Year:mrgreen:

Need help

I purchased Advanced SystemCare 3 and while using the program, I apparently deleted some ASC 3 files as I can no longer see MOST of my Advanced System Care 3 menu screen - nor is the program operable. I tried to delete it and was not allowed, and I am the ONLY user on this computer - therefore I do have Admin privileges.

I also re-downloaded the program and tried to reinstall it on both my C and/or D drive and received errors both times.

Please give me some suggestions or a telephone # to call.

Thanks,

Randy Parker

Hi randyparker,

Here are some suggestios:

You can go down the list if it doesn't work in an earlier trial.

-End any ASC 3 related process through Task Manager.

-Try to uninstall from "Add or Remove Programs" in Contol Panel.

-Try to uninstall with Revo Uninstaller.

-Try to delete everything related to ASC 3 including respective folders.

-If permission is not granted for deleting, use "Unlocker 1.8.7"

-Use a registry cleaner such as Eusing Free Registry Cleaner.

-Try to delete manually anything related to ASC with Regedit if you have experiece in Registry editing.

Download the latest version ASC 3.1.1 from here and reinstall.

Cheers.

Happy New Year!!! :grin:

Bug report - Cookie Ignore list

ASC3 3.0.1 does not appear to be seeing individual cookies in Firefox 3.0.5. There are some cookes I want to save, but they do not appear in the ignore list. I have verified that the cookies I am looking for exist in FF, but ASC3 is only showing MSIE cookies in the ignore list. Please investigate ASAP.