IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Post your suggestion, bug report here

Tim Xue

Media sharing completely jacked up now

I have several 360s and one PS3 that cannot access my PC anymore.

Whenever I go into WMP11/Configure Sharing and put a checkmark in the "Share my media to" box nothing happens. The window used to expand to show all the 360s and PS3s currently connected so I could choose what to share. It doesn't do anything now...

I'm using a full trial code for this software to check it out...if I can't get this fixed I won't be paying for it when it expires.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have several 360s and one PS3 that cannot access my PC anymore.

Whenever I go into WMP11/Configure Sharing and put a checkmark in the "Share my media to" box nothing happens. The window used to expand to show all the 360s and PS3s currently connected so I could choose what to share. It doesn't do anything now...

I'm using a full trial code for this software to check it out...if I can't get this fixed I won't be paying for it when it expires.

Shortly after posting I found a solution to fix the issue. What I'm not sure about is whether or not ASC will jack it up again next time it "Optimizes" so I'm keeping this info handy. ANYWAY!

Heres what worked for me:

1. Goto control panel\admin tools\services
  2. Find Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service in the list and check to see if its disabled (it should be if you're having these issues).
  3. If you just try and start it you'll get this error "Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start."
  4. Scroll through the list and find HTTP SSL and enable it.
  5. Scroll through the list and find Universal Plug and Play Device Host and enable it.
  6. Scroll through the list and find SSDP Discovery Service and enable it.
  7. Once all thats done you should be able to go back into WMP and tick the Share media box and have it function as normal. When I did this it took a few seconds for the window displaying my 360s to show up but it did and its working fine now.

Can anybody comment on what I as the user needs to adjust in ASC to keep these from being disabled again???

Thanks

Hi DaStuph

Please read Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section!

When you run a scan after you have enabled the services you mention, you will see under System Optimize that that it shows "problems", - you click there and view them, those you do not want "optimized" you click on and choose "Ignore", this will place them in the ignore list, and they won't come up any more during later scans.

You should not use the middle button "Care" before you have configured the way you want the program to work, use the other two buttons until then. But please read the "manual"!

Cheers

solbjerg

Shortly after posting I found a solution to fix the issue. What I'm not sure about is whether or not ASC will jack it up again next time it "Optimizes" so I'm keeping this info handy. ANYWAY!

Heres what worked for me:

1. Goto control panel\admin tools\services
  2. Find Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service in the list and check to see if its disabled (it should be if you're having these issues).
  3. If you just try and start it you'll get this error "Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start."
  4. Scroll through the list and find HTTP SSL and enable it.
  5. Scroll through the list and find Universal Plug and Play Device Host and enable it.
  6. Scroll through the list and find SSDP Discovery Service and enable it.
  7. Once all thats done you should be able to go back into WMP and tick the Share media box and have it function as normal. When I did this it took a few seconds for the window displaying my 360s to show up but it did and its working fine now.

Can anybody comment on what I as the user needs to adjust in ASC to keep these from being disabled again???

Thanks

Disk Check DOS window closes immediately

In the latest version of ASC, the Utilities-->Disk Check option begins to report on problems as it goes through my C: drive (and I assume that is the only drive that can be checked using ASC), but as soon as chkdsk is finished the window immediately closes and I have no chance to read the report. I've looked at other threads to no avail.

I know how to run it manually, but it would be nice to be able to see the chkdsk report from within ASC.

Hi aliunde

I think that the chkdsk function in ASC utilities is just a command that sends you the same place as chkdsk in Run or C:/properties/functions check disks without a checkmark in any box.

They too just finish and close.

Usually though, when it is run without any switch it will only do minor repairs, and perhaps restore lost items - and that's it.

Not what it was or anything.

To have it do more than that you have to run it using switches - from the command prompt.

All this is explained in Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section.

Cheers

solbjerg

In the latest version of ASC, the Utilities-->Disk Check option begins to report on problems as it goes through my C: drive (and I assume that is the only drive that can be checked using ASC), but as soon as chkdsk is finished the window immediately closes and I have no chance to read the report. I've looked at other threads to no avail.

I know how to run it manually, but it would be nice to be able to see the chkdsk report from within ASC.

Upgrading to new version of PRO

I am having trouble upgrading to the newest version of PRO. I have 3.2.2 and I wanted to upgrade to 3.3.1 However when I download PRO version it deinstalls the old PRO version and installs the free version. What gives? I seems to be very difficult to upgrade. Very problematic and frustrating. I'm also wondering how I can get the upgrades automatically, rather than having to go to the website or CNET for the upgrade.

Hi lynjarka

In post 1 in Usage of IObit Products

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11882#post11882

it is all explained, there are even a couple of screenshots showing what to do in your situation.

Cheers

solbjerg

I am having trouble upgrading to the newest version of PRO. I have 3.2.2 and I wanted to upgrade to 3.3.1 However when I download PRO version it deinstalls the old PRO version and installs the free version. What gives? I seems to be very difficult to upgrade. Very problematic and frustrating. I'm also wondering how I can get the upgrades automatically, rather than having to go to the website or CNET for the upgrade.

windows xp x64bit bug

Not something major, however iv noticed that in windows xp 64bit after running ASC windows update directly from the website will no longer work, this is not the case in 32 bit only 64.

Little yellow close box

This is NOT a major issue, but I think it IS an annoyance. I just installed the latest and greatest upgrade to the free version (no offense, but I wanted to test performance a bit before purchasing) and when I was done I ended up with a little yellow box on top of my desktop that says "close". It is not a normal icon, and can't be used, moved or deleted. I normally do not show my desktop icons, so it's on top of my desktop pics.

I realize this is a free version, and I'm also aware that I can revert to a previous version or uninstall and reinstall, but I would prefer not to have the hassle.

Any suggestions?? I am running a Windows Vista 32 bit system.:-?

Turns out that I closed down the quick launch icon and restarted the program, and voila! The little box was gone. Non-problem now, but if someone else has this problem, this is the fix.

Post your suggestion, bug report here

We are running XP and upgraded from AWC personal to Pro. We have two administrator accounts on the computer. AWC personal worked fine on both admin. accounts. With the upgrade, it runs fine on one user, but on the other user account there are some problems. The "Liscenced To" still reads"trial" and the "Details" window that shows Operating system, Processor Info, ect. all read "Unknown". If you click the "Details" button it shows "Exception EStringList Error in module AWC Info. dll at 0000E7F1. Attatched is only thing in bug reporting. Any fixes?

Latest version of FREE - bugs?

I've just 'upgraded' to the latest version of ASC free (3.3.1 I think), on my XP machine and now it won't run.

I keep getting;

Advanced SystemCare 3 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Going deeper, I get;

AppName: awc.exe AppVer: 3.3.1.652 ModName: kernel32.dll

ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781 Offset: 00012afb

Anyone else had this problem or better still, anyone with a solution?

Threatfire error message

A week ago threatfire alerted me that ASC pro was trying to connect in a suspicious or unexpected way, i blocked it then checked threatfire quarantine which showed a large amount of spyware urls. The same message appears even after downloading the new version of pro. Any suggestions as I have already had to re-install windows after allowing asc to connect the first time as i lost all my desktop icons and taskbar. I do not have any viruses except asc being picked up by any antivirus i run.

About the this software- problem

If you have any suggestion or want to report bug to us, please have no hesitate to post it here. But DO NOT SPAM.

I was just wondering I set this up on our work computer and home computer and today I went to run it and froze our computer so we shut it down and now the operating systems won't run anymore, in fact it did it to both our computers. So neither one is working at this time. All it does when you start the computer up a screen comes on and says something about software that may have been added is causing a error our the computer might have been shut down and ask you how you would like to start your computer. If gives us a few options like start in safe mode, start in safe mode networking, and start in a previouse mode that you know ran last, or just start in normal mode. well all the options when you select them they start the windows screen and but never loads the windows and says there's no signal. So Im just wondering if there could be a problem with this software that it could cause the computer to crash and the operating system to malfunction. I just thought it was weird that it happen to both computers we have when we tried running the software. Have any suggestions on what to do. or to get the operating system to starting working again. or have you heard of this ever happening.....

thanks Tiffany

I had that happen in away

A week ago threatfire alerted me that ASC pro was trying to connect in a suspicious or unexpected way, i blocked it then checked threatfire quarantine which showed a large amount of spyware urls. The same message appears even after downloading the new version of pro. Any suggestions as I have already had to re-install windows after allowing asc to connect the first time as i lost all my desktop icons and taskbar. I do not have any viruses except asc being picked up by any antivirus i run.

Hi, I just tryed running that asc today and my computer crashed which i believe it did the only thing it comes up know is a screen that says how would you like to start windows and when you select your options and acts like its trying to load the operating system but it blanks out and says theres no signal, did you have this by chance.....i mean i can't even get onto the main screen to do anything? have any suggestions. tiffany

• 3 weeks later...

There seem to be a lot of bugs with ASC 3.3.1 Shortcut Fixer, often reporting shortcuts that are not in fact broken. For example:

- Application shortcuts that point to C:\Program Files. In 64-bit Windows, it only looks for programs in "Program Files (x86)" when they might also be in "Program Files". This specially happens with shortcuts pointing to "%ProgramFiles%" which can lead to both folders.

- System shortcuts that point to C:\Windows\system32. Most of these shortcuts use "%systemroot%\system32" so there might be a problem working out the full path.

If I didn't notice this, I would've gotten a lot of good shortcuts removed! I hope you take care of these bugs. :-)

I want to restore in "Disk Cleaner" and It have an error

I want to restore in the utility "disk cleaner". AT the end of restoring, I see an error window - "access violation at adress 00000000" so I cant restore. I have to restore so please rebug it!!!:-|

If you are using KDE4, please also note: we are aware of a case of bad interaction between the NVIDIA X driver and the KDE4 OpenGL compositing manager. This may cause performance problems when resizing windows using KDE4; the next release from the 177.x graphics driver series is expected to have improved support for this operation.

Update: interaction between the KDE4 OpenGL compositing manager and the NVIDIA X driver should be improved in the 177.68 NVIDIA BETA graphics driver release. However, we are aware of remaining performance problem affecting text rendering on GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs, as well as a performance problem affecting some KDE4 applications. We hope to resolve these problems in a future NVIDIA Linux graphics driver release.

Update: the text rendering problems on GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs should be resolved in the 177.70 BETA graphics driver release; this is also true for the known performance problems affecting some KDE4 applications.:-(

Registry Fix

Would like to see an addition of:

1. Removal of "Bad File/Path References"... ran another reg checker and it shows 134 problems...

2. Removal of "Empty Registry Keys"... same checker shows 132 problems...

Thanks and keep up the excellent work!

• 2 weeks later...

Access Violation error

Hi evry1,

I've been using ASC for several months now & found it very useful & reliable. 2day I tried accessing the services manager & I get a WinManager error:- access violation at address 00416BAE in module 'Sut_WinManager.exe' Read of address 00000000

I've searched the forums for a matching thread without success. Does anyone have any solutions/advice.

WinXP SP3

Comodo 3.9.95478.509

Avast! Ver 4.8 Home Edition

Hi 2in10 (1024)

Do you have x-skins installed?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi evry1,

I've been using ASC for several months now & found it very useful & reliable. 2day I tried accessing the services manager & I get a WinManager error:- access violation at address 00416BAE in module 'Sut_WinManager.exe' Read of address 00000000

I've searched the forums for a matching thread without success. Does anyone have any solutions/advice.

WinXP SP3

Comodo 3.9.95478.509

Avast! Ver 4.8 Home Edition

I have a multifunction printer, the Brother DCP-585CW.

After I have clean-up my pc with Advanced SystemCare Free I couldn't use the scan to pc button at the multifunction.

Before I use Advanced SystemCare Free the scan to pc butten works very well.

I have the problem at all of my computers, one with windows XP and two with Windows Vista.

Is there any solution so I can use Advanced SystemCare Free and after the cleanup I could also use the scan to pc butten.

If you need more information, tell it me and I will sent it.

(sorry for my bad English, I'm from the netherlands)