IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Post your suggestion, bug report here

Tim Xue

Hi masterix

Try going to Restore Center in ASC and restore the changes made that did this.

If that works, then when you run the next scan look through all the "problems" especially in System Optimize Scan and place the ones you need in the ignore list.

Please read this:

Online Help for IObit Software

Cheers

solbjerg

I have a multifunction printer, the Brother DCP-585CW.

After I have clean-up my pc with Advanced SystemCare Free I couldn't use the scan to pc button at the multifunction.

Before I use Advanced SystemCare Free the scan to pc butten works very well.

I have the problem at all of my computers, one with windows XP and two with Windows Vista.

Is there any solution so I can use Advanced SystemCare Free and after the cleanup I could also use the scan to pc butten.

If you need more information, tell it me and I will sent it.

(sorry for my bad English, I'm from the netherlands)

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded the new version yesterday but didn't do any scans. Today I decided to scan and I noticed the System Optimization scan is not scanning correctly. It acts like it going to scan but it dont. The flashing arrow is out a place flashing above where it says function. Has anyone else experienced this? I didn't do a clean install cause it shares the same folder with the 360. I thought I would wait for a reply first before delete everything.

Hi Mongoose

Yes you only have to delete (or empty) the ASC folder.

If you delete the whole IObit folder, you will throw out all other IObit products you have there too, without having properly uninstalled them.

You might keep your Ignore List in ASC in order to not having to place ignored items again in the Ignore List when you run the first scan.

Cheers

solbjerg

I think I will do a clean install since it does have its own folder inside the IObit folder

It seems to be fine now but a strange thing happened while doing it. Although Ive been using the raymond.cc license I deleted the file to the recycle bin. I started a new folder on install and applied the raymond license and it says its expired but still left me with the pro version. I did a scan on my prviuos problem and it worked fine but tried it again and it was screwed up again. So now I deleted the program again and took that file and drugged it to the desktop so I wouldn't get it mixed up with the one in the recycle bin. I restored the folder in the recycle bin with the original license and downloaded AWC and everything is working fine now cause I checked it 5 times. That was just strange what was happening there. As far as I now everything is working the way its suppose to now.

Hi Mongoose

Perhaps you had something running in the background during your first attempt to install the new version??

Cheers

solbjerg

It seems to be fine now but a strange thing happened while doing it. Although Ive been using the raymond.cc license I deleted the file to the recycle bin. I started a new folder on install and applied the raymond license and it says its expired but still left me with the pro version. I did a scan on my prviuos problem and it worked fine but tried it again and it was screwed up again. So now I deleted the program again and took that file and drugged it to the desktop so I wouldn't get it mixed up with the one in the recycle bin. I restored the folder in the recycle bin with the original license and downloaded AWC and everything is working fine now cause I checked it 5 times. That was just strange what was happening there. As far as I now everything is working the way its suppose to now.

As far as I now I have nothing running in my background. The only things that startup are the things that have to in order for the PC to run Avira and this thing called Slawdog. And Slawdog is this thing I found where you can shut your computer down with one click. The reason I have that is when I upgraded from XP Home Ed. to Pro it took out the driver for Standby and I haven't been able to get another.

Hi 2in10

What ASC version are you running?

What version is your sut_winmanager.exe - in the ASC folder?

If you have installed the newest ASC version 3.3.2 - is the problem still there? Perhaps the best course of action would be a clean install of the newest version.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi evry1,

I've been using ASC for several months now & found it very useful & reliable. 2day I tried accessing the services manager & I get a WinManager error:- access violation at address 00416BAE in module 'Sut_WinManager.exe' Read of address 00000000

I've searched the forums for a matching thread without success. Does anyone have any solutions/advice.

WinXP SP3

Comodo 3.9.95478.509

Avast! Ver 4.8 Home Edition

Hi 2in10

What ASC version are you running?

What version is your sut_winmanager.exe - in the ASC folder?

If you have installed the newest ASC version 3.3.2 - is the problem still there? Perhaps the best course of action would be a clean install of the newest version.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg

Am running Ver.3.3.1 which is the latest according to the update manager. Did a clean install last night but the error remains. Did a google just now & one entry found someone with same error reckoned it was a clash with comodo firewall tho nobody else could confirm. Seems i will have to dig a bit deeper.

cheers

2in10ce

Hi 2in10

Link to the newest version can be found here:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=3043 in post #1

Let's see if that solves it. Probably best with a clean install - have you read about that concept in Usage of IObit Products?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg

Am running Ver.3.3.1 which is the latest according to the update manager. Did a clean install last night but the error remains. Did a google just now & one entry found someone with same error reckoned it was a clash with comodo firewall tho nobody else could confirm. Seems i will have to dig a bit deeper.

cheers

2in10ce

ASC 3v. 3.3.0 seems to have a bug. Maintain Windows scan works fine, but"Diagnose System" scan does not. When you start the scan, the blue flashing arrow that should be to the left of "System Optimization" is appearing above the "Functions" button and the scan never starts.

samr.

Hi samr and enoskype

It is a small bug, - it will jump out of its setting again, but a fix is already there. Download ASC v.3.3.3. and the problem should be solved.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi samr,

Options=>System optimization=>Computer Optimization

The box is empty, if you chooose one option from dropdown menu, it will be corrected.

Cheers.

Well samr

By me it seems to have disappeared. I had the blank selection box too and also once in a while the Optimization scan hung, not always though - only a couple of times - it often ran even though the box was blank. I corrected the setting several times, but it kept showing up blank after a restart of the program. I did a totally clean install with the new version, registered again and configured the settings, placed what I wanted to keep in the Ignore list during the first scan, and it has kept the setting in the optimization box since.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg & enoskype,

The optimization bug is still there in v. 3.3.3, but enoskype's suggestion is right on the money. I hadn't noticed that the optimization menu was blank.

samr.

If you have any suggestion or want to report bug to us, please have no hesitate to post it here. But DO NOT SPAM.

If you can provide some information on what I360 is suppose to do I would appreciate it. Right now it seems to identify some minor cookies for removal after a scan is done. On other ocassions it seems to function almost like a firewall, asking if an action should be permitted.

Am I working with a hybrid security system that does a little of this and a little of that but not everything with a high degee of prevention. I like the idea of having a security program like this but what can it be a substitue for? Thank you.

Hi Georgi

Please download McAfee's latest definition file. That should fix it.

Cheers

solbjerg

Another FP submitted (this time to McaFee). :P

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\unins001.msg ... Found the Exploit-ObscuredHtml trojan !!!

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/fc11d8a840048898534f839c9bb4ea75730eb222493ffc2acc20aef84d8bc98d-1246646030

• 2 weeks later...

Advanced System Care Pro 3.3.3 - shutting down Yahoo

I'm pretty sure ASC is doing this. I believe it just ran itself since my HD was making tons of noise & I was too busy working to notice what was going on.

The next thing I knew, Yahoo was off, & it was hard to get it back up & running again. This is not the first time this has happened, but I only usually notice this when I get to my computer first thing in the day & my Yahoo is down.

Also, I'm not sure if this is ASC or what, but ever since the new Fx version came out a couple of weeks ago (actually about 2 days prior to that), I've been having major problems with Fx.

It keeps crashing which NEVER happened before, & I'm having problems getting Fx to work, it keeps hanging when I try to go to a window or tab from another program. That too has never happened to be before that I have to wait for something to release.

Since I know people would be screaming bloody murder if it was Fx, I think it's ASC b/c you guys just came out with a new version just prior to Fx launching their version (if memory serves me).

Thanks

Michelle

Ok, I my have found the problem with Fx hanging or crashing.

I found a thread about it. It's not just me having this problem, it seems that maybe it's a problem with the plug in called Shockwave flash, so I disabled that, & we'll see how it goes.

There's still the problem with Yahoo though.

Thanks

Michelle