IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Post your suggestion, bug report here

Tim Xue

I managed to find Iobit's instructions on a clean install of ASC. Yes - it was the .exe file. This time I used Revo Uninstaller in Advanced mode and uninstalled ASC and Smart Defrag. Then I ran a registry cleaner, but nothing showed (Eusing Free Reg Cleaner). Finally, I ran the BitRemover Tool which picked 12MB of files that everything else missed. I re-installed ASC again. The problem now appears to be solved and so far ASC is back to normal. Thanks for assistence. I am still not sure what caused the problem in the first place?? In your opinion should I NOT re-install the SSE-ATT Self Support Tool.

William Pryor

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye!

I would advise to not reinstall that tool. Others will look and better advise on that tool, so wait for further posts on this.

Thank you for sharing the information about the bitremover tool... that is most helpful!

Meanwhile if you can post a scan file of your system that may be most usefull as well... as a small number of users have had this problem. It was the clean install that fixed.

Try this

Edit:

It seems you don't need the following help but I will leave it here just in case.

However, this information is important I think.

I found these instructions to uninstall AT&T (and Yahoo) components, see this FAQ @

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/7950

Now for my original post:

When I uninstalled ASC 3.5, I deleted everything I could find. I dumped the ASC folder with my preferences and other info. I also ran a registry cleaner just to make sure there were no left-over entries (there were none). I had also deleted the problem app SST-ATT (the ATT Self Support Tool). It was recommended that I do a clean install, however the link to that thread gave me a message saying it was invalid .........

I need the clean install instructions.

There have been some forum problems and that is probably why you got the invalid link message, the link is working now.

Clean Install go to Usage of IObit Products - Over the top/Clean install

After un-installing the IObit software and deleting the folders I recommend you also use the BitRemover tool that is mentioned in that post to clean up any leftovers.

Then clean the Registry

....Interestingly when I re-installed I still had the problem of hundreds of entries in the startup referencing an app (SST-ATT) that was no longer on my computer. In fact after doing this, I am now up to about 895 entries. Before I had about 700 hundred entries. Many other startup items that used to appear, no longer show up. I don't really need the SST-ATT startup tool, but is the fact that it is missing now part of the problem......

I found these instructions to uninstall AT&T (and Yahoo) components, see this FAQ @

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/7950

After following the instructions in the FAQ I would suggest you Restart your computer then Exit ASC completely (if necessary) then remove the Ignore file from ASC (it will be created again) then start ASC and check the Startup Manager.

For instructions on removing the Ignore file see This Post for details. This will clean out all the unnecessary items from the Startup Manager list.

All the best, woz of oz

TY Woz.

As this forum has been through many changes in the past week... glitches occur.:neutral: As Wozofoz guided you to the clean install, it must have been a bit frustrating to work at it!

Thank you William Pryor for working through our restructuring glitches to get to the clean install instructions!

Wozofoz's links will answer your further questions.

Thanks for posting back!

-Mel

IE closes homepage when a hyperlink is clcked...

IE closes homepage when a hyperlink is clcked and open another IE window with the new hyperlink page displayed? Before we ran ASC version 5, IE would just open another window and NOT close the original IE page. Please help!!!

Hi Chobbins!

Please read the thread Usage of Iotbit products. The blue link in my signature will take you there. Chose the posts pertaining to Advanced SystemCare.:smile:

-Mel

P.S. You must change the settings in your Internet Explorer manually back to the way they were. Also, I'm curious as to which version of Explorer you are using? You should get version 8 as it is much more secure... you can find it by Googling Microsoft Download Center.

Image Name under Task Manager's Processes Tab Still Called "AWC.exe" (w/o quotes)

IMO, this should have been changed when you guys renamed Advanced WindowsCare to Advanced SystemCare. I think it should be "ASC.exe" (again, without the quotation marks).

Other than that, great program! It's worked wonders on the once-slow computers belonging to family and friends that I installed this on!

• 1 month later...

Problems cropping up

With the past two updates, I've had serious issues with the Pro Version of the software. I have done three clean installs and keep being told this will fix the issue. It might, but honestly not for long.

As someone else has mentioned, it appears that crash dump is being removed by ASC Pro

Also since I did the most recent install two days ago I have received 5 errors.

AWC.exe

2a425e19

KERNELBASE.dll

4a5bdbdf

0eedfade

0000b727

11a4

01cad80b6ab37151

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\AWC.exe

C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

8668f760-43ff-11df-853c-00248c1958d4

AWC.exe

2a425e19

GDI32.dll

4a5bdb38

c0000005

00015f57

13fc

01cad7b5bb400c6c

C:\Windows\syswow64\GDI32.dll

1ed56189-43a9-11df-b023-00248c1958d4

AWC.exe

2a425e19

rtl70.bpl

2a425e19

c0000005

000022e2

01cad76ed36beeaa

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\rtl70.bpl

18866505-4362-11df-b023-00248c1958d4

AWC.exe

2a425e19

rtl70.bpl

2a425e19

c0000005

000022e2

01cad6a4878fd9c4

cd854eb8-4297-11df-a75a-00248c1958d4

AWC.exe

2a425e19

unknown

c000041d

73664cad

126c

01cad666e1c790db

unknown

2e8bea78-425a-11df-a75a-00248c1958d4

AWC.exe

2a425e19

rtl70.bpl

2a425e19

c0000005

0002e8c6

b58

01cad65f0fc224dc

c5fc678d-4252-11df-a75a-00248c1958d4

Listed from newest to oldest. As for my system I'm running w7 64b with 12g ram, asus p6t deluxe with an i7-920. I use Norton for my firewall and AV. As for programs, the only programs I will allow to have start up access is norton and a basic clock gadget.

The only programs that I have that I know causes issues, is yahoo messenger...if its up, or even in the hidden task bar, it will crash ASC. However even though I'd like to dump it I'd have to convince alot of family and friends to change their messenger service. Other than that, if I forget to close down Firefox, it will give a warning but won't cause a crash.

I'm just at a loss as to why in the last two versions, these problems have become more frequent.

minor problem at http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html

The web page at this link is for the product "Advanced Windows Care Personal". Shortcuts to it should contain the text "Advanced Windows Care Personal". Usually, a browser (mine is IE8) automatically puts whatever is in the web page "title" text into the generated shortcut. The shortcuts the browser generates for this web page contain the text "Advanced SystemCare Free | Windows 7 Registry Cleaner | Free Registry Repair for Windows 7, Vista, XP, and 2000." :shock:

Apparent cause: an error in the web page HTML source, which contains the following:

<title>Advanced SystemCare Free | Windows 7 Registry Cleaner | Free Registry Repair for Windows 7, Vista, XP, and 2000</title>.

• 2 weeks later...

"There is no disk in the drive..."

"...Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk4\DR4."

Is the error I get every time I've used ASC. I just purchased the 'professional' package today because I heard good things about the dupe files finder. I let it run the registry cleaner and it wouldn't be so bad if I just got this error once, but it took 74 mouse clicks :x to get rid of the error message box! I'm not sure if this is an inherent problem with ASC or with my registry, but you'd think either way, once I click 'Continue' the error would go away. :roll:

So... is this a problem with the ASC software or my box?

Thank you!

Tom 8-)

Hi Tom

Did you have the free version before?

If so I would suggest a "clean install" - Please read Usage of IObit Products especially post number #2 and #5

Please read it all - also comments about duplicate file finder :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

"...Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk4\DR4."

Is the error I get every time I've used ASC. I just purchased the 'professional' package today because I heard good things about the dupe files finder. I let it run the registry cleaner and it wouldn't be so bad if I just got this error once, but it took 74 mouse clicks :x to get rid of the error message box! I'm not sure if this is an inherent problem with ASC or with my registry, but you'd think either way, once I click 'Continue' the error would go away. :roll:

So... is this a problem with the ASC software or my box?

Thank you!

Tom 8-)

• 3 weeks later...

ASC vs. WSE from Newbie

Hey from the U.S.

This is Tom and I guess I'm stupid, or I've got oldtimers?

I've been reading for 3 days now and I give up. I got so sick of Symantec with all there BS that I deleted it *correctly* and installed Windows Security Essentials. First problem was an error message while running ASC Pro when it it started into the registry clean. They never could give me an answer on that but after days of trying, they told me I couldn't have both running on my box at the same time!

I easily remedied the problem by by unchecking Registry Clean and have had no problems since.

What gives? Do you sell an AntiVirus program or do I need to get rid of WSE.

WinXP,P4,plenty of ram and love your stuff.

Thanks in advance

Tom

Hi Tom,

Good decision to change your antivirus program.You can even try the other free AV softwares such as Avast, Avira, AVG, etc.

IObit does not have an anti-virus program, but an anti-malware program called IObit Security 360.

Although it is an anti-malware program, you have to use an anti-virus program together with it, IS360 is a supplimentary security when you use it together with an anti-virus software.

You can use MSSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) together with IS360 Pro/Free and ASC3 Pro/Free. They are compatible.

Just turn off the real-time protection of MSSE when you are doing a deep Registry clean with ASC if MSSE interferes with it.

Cheers.

Suggestion

Please add the Windows Clipboard to the list of items that are (optionally) cleared when Sweep Privacy is run. This is a commonly-overlooked, but critical, privacy/security risk.

Thank you!

NEED help with the update for ASC

If you have any suggestion or want to report bug to us, please have no hesitate to post it here. But DO NOT SPAM.

When I attempt to download the update to ASC, It returns an error message that states: Cannot replace Def.dbd AND cannot overwrite rtl70.bp1.

Then it says the source file is corrupted.::neutral:

Hi rpods

Please do a "clean install" - the concept is explained in Usage of IObit Products (link in my signature)

Essentially it entails uninstalling the program and then deleting its usually leftover program folder.

Cheers

solbjerg

When I attempt to download the update to ASC, It returns an error message that states: Cannot replace Def.dbd AND cannot overwrite rtl70.bp1.

Then it says the source file is corrupted.::neutral:

• 1 month later...

Hi mivka

Did you install the program "over the top"?

If so please try a "Clean Install"

Both concepts are explained in Usage of IObit Products - links in my signature.

Good luck!

Cheers

solbjerg

good day to every1 here ! i am new member and i need your support. i have downloaded the free version of asc 3 from download.com and after instaling it this is what i got

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5665&stc=1&d=1278338871

any help please ?

@solbjerg ,thank you for the fast replay , i didnt mention in my first post that im running win7 64 bit and now for your questions .. umm this was my very first time to instal asc 3 ,but i have installed the smart defrag, if that means something

Regards

Hi mivka

Ok - sorry - but I am not familiar with win7

The installation of SmartDefrag should have nothing to do with this.

Your screenshot looked like a bad install or possibly running it without having administrative priviligies.

But as I said I am not familiar with win7 - perhaps someone else can tell you if win7 64 bit has some issues with ASC?

Cheers

solbjerg

@solbjerg ,thank you for the fast replay , i didnt mention in my first post that im running win7 64 bit and now for your questions .. umm this was my very first time to instal asc 3 ,but i have installed the smart defrag, if that means something

Regards