IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Post your suggestion, bug report here

Tim Xue

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the suggestion. I just checked the registry value toggled by this vbs file, and it is already set to 1. The times that the chevron disappeared, all the EnableAutoTray registry values were set properly--I checked. I suspect something else had caused the problem. In the past couple of days, I've rebooted a few times and so far the problem hasn't come back. I can only hope it's gone for good...

An update on the above:

The "Hide unused icons" chevron has, once again, disappeared and had to be reset by the method I described earlier. It does seem to be happening far less frequently than in the first couple of days after running AWC.

But I have noticed something else, though: the "Hibernate" button on my Dell Inspiron E1505 is no longer working. That's how I used to put the machine to sleep. Now, I have to use the "Standby" button that is right next to the other one and has always had an identical function. Now, it is the only one that works.

There have also been sporadic system hangs happening on startup--again, something new!

All in all, I have to say, this AWC thing has been more trouble for me than it's worth. I am no casual user--I had reviewed all the suggested fixes VERY carefully before hitting that OK button, and I do remember seeing a reference there to disabling the Hide Unused Icons function in the system tray, which I purposely left UNCHECKED, so it wouldn't be "fixed"... As for the Hibernate button, there was certainly no reference to that at all.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can roll back to the restore point I had generated before running AWC, as I've installed and uninstalled several applications since. :<

Odd Icon Shifting while left-click dragging files

On three different machines (2 thinkpads and 1 AMD Athlon 1800) all running XP (2 Pro and 1 Home).

When I left-click drag any file, folder, application on my computer whether desktop or in sub-directory, the icon for the file, folder, application shifts to the left rather than remaining center as I drag the file. I assume a registry entry or something was deleted or damaged. Any ideas? Am I the only one experiencing this?

Love both Windows Care and the Defrag programs. Error occured only after Windows Care was installed and run at least once. Let me know if anyone can help me....

-=graphicport

Wow, I keep noticing more and more problems. In addition to all that I've mentioned above, the volume indicator window that would pop up any time I used the physical volume buttons on my Dell E1505 has also disappeared! Any ideas how I can get it back?

I have a BIG suggestion for AWC designers: in the list of proposed fixes, any that would affect the Windows interface should be very, very clearly flagged.

Let Windows choose what's best for my computer

Hi ogrfnkl,

Have you tried the procedure below?:

Righ click "My Computer=>click "Properties"=>click "Advanced" tab=>click "Settings" under "Performance"=>check "Let Windows choose what's best for my computer" under "Visual Effects" tab=>click "Apply" button=>click "OK" button=>click "OK" button=>Restart

It may help.

PS.

The vbs file for EnableAutotray does more than to change the registry value. You can try it without any ill effect.

Cheers.

smartram and filecache tuning in XP/Vista

Are there any plans/ideas on improving smartram so it will also tune the windows filecache too ?

I found out that the combination of smartram and a product like clevercache or cachemanxp 1.5x ( fixed filecache of 32MB)makes even more memory available for applications/games.

Hi, Enoskype.

Thanks again for your reply. I haven't used the "Let Windows choose" option for visual effects, because when I first got the computer, I went in and configured that list exactly the way I wanted it. When you select the "Let Windows" button, all it does is enable all the fancy UI effects, which would result in more drag on the CPU --not something I want, as I do video editing with Premiere, and every CPU cycle is precious. Nor does there seem to be anything in the effects list that could possibly be related to either the "Hide unused icons" function in the system tray or the volume display window...

But please tell me why you suggested it--might it do something extra (whether by design or by accident) that is not mentioned in the list of effects?

By the way, I have used the VBS file you suggested to toggle "Enable System Tray" off and then back on. So far, no further problems with the chevron. I'll be keeping an eye on it and report what happens.

Hi ogrfnkl,

I have a BIG suggestion for AWC designers: in the list of proposed fixes, any that would affect the Windows interface should be very, very clearly flagged.

I do agree with you.

But please tell me why you suggested it--might it do something extra (whether by design or by accident) that is not mentioned in the list of effects?

It was suggested as exactly as you said.

I have lost once in a while the sound icon and the power icon, and when checked "Let Windows choose" location, I have noticed unchecked ones with no relation to sound and power. But, using Windows' choice sometimes corrected them.

Although, it may be a tedious job to adjut to your preferences, but from time to time, it is a good idea to use it, as many unexpected programs or adjustments may change the default values.

My interpretation is that, when Windows is doing that, it also adjusts, most of the things not written there, to default.

You may have tried, but also unchecking aplying, and then checking aplying the "show icon in taskbar" checkboxes in the "Sound and Audio Device Properties" and "Power Options Properties" windows in Control Panel, bring back the icons of both of them. (Independent of each other.)

Since your problem is not having the volume pop-up window, if it is not corrected by the other attempts, I would suggest to use the "chkdsk /F" command in the Command Promtp window.

Please run "chkdsk /F" without "" in your command prompt window and answer yes "Y". Restart Windows.

(start=>Run=>type cmd=>OK=>type chkdsk /F=>ENTER=>type Y=>ENTER.)

In next start of Windows, your system files will be checked and corrected.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Saved user names and passwords and UAC

I have been aware that AWC wiped out saved user names and passwords and have just become aware that it also resets the painful and useless UAC. UAC is enabled by default so if it is found to be disabled in a scan, it is intended to be disabled. AWC should NOT override administrator selections!!!!!!! Is there some way to disable this overriding of Administrator choices in AWC?

Reg Cleaner Bug

Hi, Guys

It is the first time that the reg cleaner has caused a problem with any of the vast software programs that I run.

I use a defrag program form Raxio Called Perfect Disc and they have just released a new version that is totally different from the previous versions and the name has changed from the last being "Perfect Disc 8" To now "Perfect Disc 2008".

When the AWC Pro V2.6.0.943, runs the at appointed schedule, the next time the defrag program launches it can not locate the HDD.

After the reg clean is run it identifies a reg key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\then your ID\inpoc\server32".

When the defrag program tries to launch, their displayed useless suggestion to the problem of firewall caused a waste of a good hour.

After visiting their web site and scanning through their FAQ problems (being a new program there is a lot to weed through as it is set up for selling the new features not with any encountered problems) with the error code given by their program, this turned out to be the number one question.

I do not know if this key type structure can be added to the programs data base as safe keys?

Or you will have to run a scan once the program is installed & find and add that key to the ignore list.

Good idea enoskype. I just upgraded to PD2008 and I never thought to test it against AWC2 Pro 2.7. Sheesh. So I figured I'd go ahead and be the guinea pig for the group.

I removed the PD2008 registry entries from the ignore file, and then ran AWC2 Pro 2.7 through a scan/repair cycle. PD2008 lived through it. I've run several scan/repair cycles since then with no apparent effect on PD2008. Looks like a "fix" was indeed included in the latest release. Pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion.

Endless loop looking for files to delete to create space

If you have any suggestion or want to report bug to us, please have no hesitate to post it here. But DO NOT SPAM.

Just downloaded AWC free. It goes through all scanning processes without any problem, but on the last step it never completes it. The program appears to be in an endless loop. I deleted the program, downloaded a new file and installed it with the same results.

I have used AWC free for a long time but never had this problem. It is installed on a new PC that I just built. All other programs are working fine.

noru2

Hi noru2,

Go to Program Files-Iobit-AWC and see if there is an "Errorloig.txt" file.Open it and scroll to the bottom and see if it says anything about "Ref.dbd missing". If so, download the latest ref.dbd file from http://www.iobit.com/files/Ref.dbd

and save it in the AWC program folder. Sometimes it is missed in the installation and it will cause it to do that. Once it is saved in AWC folder it should scan fine next time.

samr.

Hi, Enoskype & Just Dave

I grabbed AWC2.7 and tested as Dave has also done and it does appear the latest version has resolved the bug.

Also visited the thread, saying warning and advising would have to reinstall PD2008 which to say is not really necessary as long as you have not deleted the install files, use the change option do a repair which is a lot quicker than uninstalling & reinstalling.

This may not be the area to ask but has there a release date yet decided for AWC3??

Suggestion - comment

Hello, I con't know if anyboddy noticed but when you open the Disk Manager, it says "Files and Floders" Should be Folders, maybe? LOL

Have a good day. I bought the Pro and don't regret it, the complete opposite. :smile:

All I have in that file is shown below:

3/7/2008 8:55:17 AM

AWC Version=2.6.0.835

OS Info=Windows XP

Exception Type=EAccessViolation

Error Message=Access violation at address 00554367 in module 'Awcl.exe'. Read of address 0000022C