IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Post your suggestion, bug report here

Tim Xue

Hi noru2,

You should try uninstall-CLEAN install of latest version.Read install & un-install sections of this post:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=509

Be sure to delete program folder after un-install and clean up registry with Ccleaner:

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Then dowload V 2.7.0.838 from here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Advanced_WindowsCare_d4991.html

Be sure to save to desktop, then use properties-to remove any blocking before running the install.

samr.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new here and might have posted in wrong place?

the subject was:' descriptive box too dark to read ' but I posted it over in general discussion.:-?

I installed the free AWC on a friends Vista computer yesterday and the description box for all the startup items was such a dark blue I could barely read it. Is this a Vista thing? I have an XP computer and it is easy to read. Anyone with Vista notice this or is this a fluke? Someone on another forum said she had to highlight the box (like a copy or cut action) to make it lighter so she could read hers on a Vista.....

Endless loop looking for files to delete to create space

Hi noru2,

You should try uninstall-CLEAN install of latest version.Read install & un-install sections of this post:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=509

Be sure to delete program folder after un-install and clean up registry with Ccleaner:

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Then dowload V 2.7.0.838 from here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Advanced_WindowsCare_d4991.html

Be sure to save to desktop, then use properties-to remove any blocking before running the install.

samr.

Thanks for the try. Did everything listed. Followed instructions to the letter, but same results. Again thanks for trying to help me. Cannot imagine what is happening. The progress bar gets to the end, but it never quits looking for space. I see the same files go by in an endless loop apparently. Will try again some other day.

Norman

Install and Retore Point errors

Hi,

I'm getting errors. One in the install and one in the creating of a restore point. I'm running:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version: 5.1.2600

Service Pack: 2.0

Disk - Total Capacity: 74.47 GB

Sum of Hard Disks: (C: )

Used: 25.22 GB

Free: 49.24 GB

I have attached the install error file (b92b_appcompat.txt). The restore point error is from Event Viewer -

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Application Error

Event Category: None

Event ID: 1000

Date: 3/22/2008

Time: 12:31:01 AM

User: N/A

Computer: .......

Description:

Faulting application sut_restorecenter.exe, version 1.0.0.80, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.3119, fault address 0x00012a5b.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Data:

0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat

0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail

0010: 75 72 65 20 20 73 75 74 ure sut

0018: 5f 72 65 73 74 6f 72 65 _restore

0020: 63 65 6e 74 65 72 2e 65 center.e

0028: 78 65 20 31 2e 30 2e 30 xe 1.0.0

0030: 2e 38 30 20 69 6e 20 6b .80 in k

0038: 65 72 6e 65 6c 33 32 2e ernel32.

0040: 64 6c 6c 20 35 2e 31 2e dll 5.1.

0048: 32 36 30 30 2e 33 31 31 2600.311

0050: 39 20 61 74 20 6f 66 66 9 at off

0058: 73 65 74 20 30 30 30 31 set 0001

0060: 32 61 35 62 0d 0a 2a5b..

Thanks, fcaldwell

Good idea Sunny

I'll leave it up to samr or enoskype to do so

Cheers

solbjerg

that any AWC3 beta problems are moved to a AWC3 beta thread so we can have them all in one thread for easy ref and reading.

ITS A GREAT PROGRAM WELL IMPRESSED, WELL DONE.

Question on AWCSetup

I downloaded and use AWC on my PC (with Windows XP OS) with no problem. Today I downloaded it to use on my laptop (with Vista Home OS) and when I try to install it, I get the following error message: ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1392. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. How can I fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

SECURITY DEFENSE BUG, AWC free

After selecting all of the 30,000 plus spyware defense sites in the free AWC...I got a recurring popup in Explorer browser saying"Scripts are usually safe. Do you want to keep running scripts at this site?"..at some of my favorite sites like BigCharts and Yahoo. ...I could not disable the popup using MSFT Explorer's options to 'allow sites'. My Explorer browser was greatly disabled. I had to use SYSTEM RESTORE to remedy the problem

• 3 weeks later...

I love AWC BUT?

Dear Friends,

I love all the features of AWC but, Advanced Windows Care V2.72 and V3.0 beta has compatiability issues with AVG 8.0 Free version. After repairing the system with AWC, including the option "Security Defense", AVG will show the same number of warnings which will be shown by AWC in their security defense option. After clearing the security defense in AWC, AVG will show the same issues as warnings. After clearing the warnings in AVG, AWC will show the same number of problems. This is a great disappointment. AWC shows advertisement to buy AVG 8.0. What does this mean ?Get AVG 8.0 and scrach your head for compatiability :oops: ?

Regards

Ravi

not only AVG... msvrc20.dll is not welcome

Also RemoveIT Pro

http://www.incodesolutions.com/

Infected file (Sys32.msvrc20) C:\WINDOWS\msvrc20.dll

thank you iobit.... for this dll from AWC2 setup

kill this dll will make crash AWC2 at the opening.

can you update the version for the official registered customers???

we don't need your advertinsing tools from the free version.

thank you to think about it.

another bug, you can't see the complete path of the process used at the startup because the resize column is too short and it don't enable you to see the complete path.

the graphic interface need an update.

Advanced Windows Care 2.72 Personal Messes with my keyboard

Let me start out by saying I love Advanced Windows Care 2

Computer stats-

Windows XP SP2 (my problem occurs with SP3 also)

IE 6 (my problem occurs with IE7 also)

Firefox 2.0.0.14

Microsoft IntelliType Pro 5.3- The original driver. still have problem with 6.2

Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A Connected By USB,

-Updated to of Advanced Windows Care 2.72 Personal -Ran the full scan- Repaired problems

Now My Problem- When I make Firefox my default browser my "Web/Home" button brings up with this error- "The current assignment for this customizable key is not available. To reassign the key click next." So I navigate to Firefox & pick it. Problem solved- I never had to do this before.

2nd problem- My favorites keys at the top of the keyboard will not store websites.

-All is ok when i have IE7 as system default browser.

I tried XP SP3 with IE7 & tried connecting to PS/2 port. I reinstalled XP 3 times searching for the problem. All buttons worked until I installed & ran Advanced Windows Care 2.72.

Not sure what exactly it changed but it is the culprit.

My solution- downgrade to previous version.

FYI- I hate the popup report function after the repair in Advanced Windows Care 2.72.

Fix registry when files are moved

I am a complete newbie to this forum so may have missed this if previously discussed/requested.

Would it be possible for AWC to detect movement of files and offer the option to change equivalent registry settings? This would be similar to Symantec's WinDoctor which I find very useful as I have some programs installed on other than the Windows boot drive and occasionally need to move thing around - not just programs!

If AWC could offer this, I can completely ditch all of the Symantec proggys

Rog

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yahoo!

I suggest not making me (the person who paid for the professional version of AWC) deselect the Yahoo! Toolbar during installation. If you MUST bundle it with the paid version, could you at least set it to default to not install. I fear I will accidentally install it one of these times, and I don't want it.

Other than that, I love this program. I'm really looking forward to seeing what version 3 looks like once you resolve the nasty bugs I hit when I tried the beta.

Hi bfbcping,

I agree with you with the default option of Pro version about Yahoo!.

I have already requested that from Tim. I hope they change it in future versions.

I do not insist you to use it, but AWC3 Beta 2.51 works like a clockwork orange if you carefully choose the details.

Cheers.

logitech z-10 speakers

ok...new to this....not sure i am in the right place !!

I am running AWC...version 2.8.0.854......i have logitech z-10 speakers......each time i run AWC it appears to 'remove'?? the software for the usb speakers.....they turn to a dithering mess...i have to then reinstall the software and mess around in order to get them to work again !!

Any suggestions??

Remember to configure all your details before hitting the Repair button!

Cheers

solbjerg

ok...new to this....not sure i am in the right place !!

I am running AWC...version 2.8.0.854......i have logitech z-10 speakers......each time i run AWC it appears to 'remove'?? the software for the usb speakers.....they turn to a dithering mess...i have to then reinstall the software and mess around in order to get them to work again !!

Any suggestions??

SmartRam, Startup Manager & Folder open on startup

Hello,

I ran AWC2 Pro/SmartRam and after a reboot the folder for AWC2 opened automatically after login in Windows XP. I ran Startup manager and found that SmartRam had added itself to the Startup items (I noticed later that it's a default option in the settings menu of SmartRam). I Googled the issue and found that a shortcut pointing to 'Program Files' in this case, needs to be surrounded with double quotes. SmartRam had added iself without double qoutes:

C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced WindowsCare V2 Pro\MemCleaner.exe /m

I manually added double qoutes in the Registry Editor:

"C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced WindowsCare V2 Pro\MemCleaner.exe" /m

After this SmartRam started normally with no folder opened on startup. However, it added itself once again to the startup items and I now have two entries for SmartRam:

C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced WindowsCare V2 Pro\MemCleaner.exe /m

"C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced WindowsCare V2 Pro\MemCleaner.exe" /m

Additionally the items are displayed as Unknown. :-o

I think this needs to be addressed and perhaps the default behavior of adding itself to startup items as well.

A feature that I would like to request is that AWC2 should exit automatically after a scheduled scan. As it is now it leaves itself running. I have no use for the program to be running - I start it manually if I would want to do a manual scan or check what's been done during a scheduled scan in Applog.txt.

• 2 weeks later...
If you have any suggestion or want to report bug to us, please have no hesitate to post it here. But DO NOT SPAM.

I'm always a little disappointed when unrelated and possibly unwanted applications try to piggy-back the installation of other software (i.e. Yahoo's Toolbar coming pre-checked with AWC as my most recent experience), but I understand the prerogatives of the providers and the economics behind freeware and advertising.

What was disappointing when upgrading to AWC 2.81 is that I deselected Yahoo's ToolBar when it was offered and it installed anyway. So I went to I.E. Add-on management and disabled the two related entries. Even so "yt.dll" still tries an install once every minute or so, a nuisance I will get the better of even if I have to uninstall AdvancedWindows Care as a by-product. I just wish we could choose the piggy-backs (let them be offered, but designed such that they have to be checked so that no one is caught unaware).

It should go without saying that when I decline by deselecting (removing the check mark) that my preference to not have a tag-along installed should be honored. I can't imagine any end-user having a quarrel with that, and it's something I think designers should go along with so as not to compromise our collective trust. Thanks for letting me sound off. Dean