IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

superfetch and deep optimize

just a quick question really....

i use vista home premium as my OS and i was having some problems running certain programs with the superfetch service running... so i ended up disabling that service and now i dont have as many problems with those programs locking up on me while they are in use...

my question is about deep optimize...

will the fact that i have superfetch disabled affect the deep optimize?

and will it still be able to place the files in the best position?

thanks!

Do you mean readyboost with Vista home premium?

nope

superfetch

its a vista process

earlier versions of windows dont have it

windows 7 might have it too

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/features/superfetch.aspx

read somewhere that it runs while you use your computer and gathers info to send to your windows defrag in order for it to optimize the programs you use (couldnt find that particular article tho, just the windows link i found)

found this one one site:

The SuperFetch service in Windows Vista preloads your system’s memory with the applications that you use most often. This makes launching of those applications much faster, but it might be an unwanted behavior for system tweakers or gamers. ***.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/how-to-disable-superfetch-on-windows-vista/

this on another:

After Vista loads its core, SuperFetch works by loading frequently used appliations and pages info a cache. Vista keeps track of which memory pages are frequently used (and which files they're tied to) and will try to use up as much free memory as it can with what it analyzes you're going to need soon. SuperFetch keeps a history of how often and when you run applications, which influences what is cached. This extra caching is what makes Vista's memory requirements much greater than XP's. ***.ocmodshop.com/ocmodshop.aspx?a=1048

Archived