IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Backdoor.Downloader: OK7VUWXF\logo[1].gif [SOLVED]

Hi from Australia,

For a couple of weeks now (at least) - IOBit Security 360 has found Backdoor.Downloader in a Temporary Internet File; namely Logo[1].gif or Logo[2].gif

This gif image is the "Google Australia" Logo image.

No matter how many times I quarantine the "infected" file - it reappears in a scan, after I've surfed the net.

No other Security software scans have located ANYTHING, apart from the regular Tracking Cookies.

When the Security 360 scan is complete & the "infection report" is there - I can right-click on the infection name & "go to entry". When I right-click on the "infected" file & select "Scan with IOBit Security 360" - the scan finds nothing.

No infections have been located in Registry [by any other scanners]

Following a scan with IOBit Security 360 & having quarantined the "infected file" - a subsequent scan (performed immediately after quarantining) finds nothing. This indicates - that the "infection" hasn't "jumped off" onto another location after "detection".

This persistant "detection" is driving me crazy. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Robert

P.S. Can someone help explain to me HOW to password protect a zip file please ??

LOGFILE [for a Quick Scan] :

IObit Security 360

Version:1.4.1.11

Define Version:1339

Time Elapsed:00:04:27

Objects Scanned:57194

Threats Found:2

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Tracking Cookies, Cookies, Cookie:footy@f2network.112.2o7.net/, 7-10

Backdoor.Downloader, File, C:\Documents and Settings\Footy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OK7VUWXF\logo[1].gif, 9-70140

Reports - Backdoor.Downloader

Hi Wozofoz,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I have sent an email to IOBit's "report" email address.

I was unable to upload the following URL. The upload window said it was an invalid file.

https://www.virustotal.com/analisis/d72a288c35975bfcc84620e90339eb3b5f000fb6517a5d953a6f1ab7a28f8d78-1244507747:

Invalid File

VirusTotal's Analysis says it was 0/40.

I'm having trouble getting anywhere with browsing. The links [when clicked on] will not load at times. Today - this problem has been horrendous.

The original IS360 Report :

IObit Security 360

Backdoor.Downloader, File, C:\Documents and Settings\Footy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OK7VUWXF\logo[1].gif, 9-70140

Thanks for any assistance. Hope I've forgotten nothing this time.

Cheers - Rob

IObit Security 360 Report - infection copied to destop.txt

Hi Footloose

I haven't seen an answer to your question about zip file password, so here is my two bits about that:

Creating a password for a zipped file:

First create the zipped file by right clicking and choose Send to then choose compressed folder.

Then right click this newly compressed folder (zip file) and choose explore

In the window that comes up go to File in menu line and choose add password.

If it is infected files you are sending add the password "infected"

That's it I think :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Wozofoz,

I was unable to upload the following URL. The upload window said it was an invalid file.

https://www.virustotal.com/analisis/d72a288c35975bfcc84620e90339eb3b5f000fb6517a5d953a6f1ab7a28f8d78-1244507747:

Invalid File

I'm having trouble getting anywhere with browsing. The links [when clicked on] will not load at times. Today - this problem has been horrendous.

IObit Security 360

Cheers - Rob

Hi Solbjerg,

Thank you for your response. Very much appreciated.

Wozofoz did respond; pointing me to a "sticky note".

I have Winzip 12 - which has a different "File menu", which I eventually had success with.

I'm looking forward to hearing that my problem is a False-Positive <sigh>

Cheers for now - Robert

Hi Wozofoz,

Invalid File

IObit Security 360

Cheers - Rob

Hi Footloose

I'm sorry I came late.

You can upload to http://www.wikisend.com or send us your suspicious file(logo[3].gif), give me the link and then we can further investigate it.

Thanks for your feedback.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Hi Hxin,

Thanks for your response & suggestion. I have uploaded the password protected zip file to wikisend : http://wikisend.com/download/443272/logo[3].zip

I hope this is what I was supposed to do.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers - Robert

Dear Footloose

After investigation, we have assured that it's a false positive. Sorry for the trouble we have caused to you.

We will solve this issue in our later update definition 1401.

Thanks for your support.

Many many thanks Hxin,

I look forward to d'loading that update. Keep up the good work. Your products (including IS360) are all a valuable aid in computer maintenance & safety. I appreciate the efforts of IObit & all Forum Members. Cheers for now,

Robert

Many many thanks Hxin,

I look forward to d'loading that update. Keep up the good work. Your products (including IS360) are all a valuable aid in computer maintenance & safety. I appreciate the efforts of IObit & all Forum Members. Cheers for now,

Robert

Dear

Thank you for your affirmation of our products and my work. We will try to do better and more perfect.

cheers!

Hi Hxin,

I'm afraid that I have some "bad news". Definitions Version 1401 didn't rectify the problem. The "Google Australia" logo GIF image is still being recognized as Backdoor.Downloader

Back to the drawing board ???? <grin>

Cheers - Robert

Hi Hxin and All -

It appears that Definitions Update #1402 didn't rectify the problem on my PC. I am starting to wonder whether or not this problem is peculiar to my machine.

Does anyone else experience IS360 detecting the "Google Australia" logo GIF as Backdoor.Downloader ???

Thanks for any help.

Cheers - Robert

A Win

G'day All,

It seems that Definitions #1404 has done the trick. An IS360 scan is no longer finding Backdoor.Downloader in the "Google Australia" logo GIF.

However - Today, I also fought to find a solution to another problem my PC was having : not loading web-pages. Following several on-line scans (each company finding different infections in different locations) - I changed from AVG9 FREE to AVIRA Personal, as my A/V software. I allowed AVIRA to quarantine EVERYTHING it found (mostly variants of Trojan.Agent)

Following this monumental alteration/cleansing - I am now able to surf the net PROPERLY.

I am, of course, going to give IObit the benefit of the doubt - and permit them the applause for having overcome the "Google Australia" problem. Thanks IObit !!!!!!

Exhausted - I'm now going to bed; and shall sleep soundly.

Cheers for now - Robert :grin:

Archived