IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Clean Install not working with GB v1.40

Hello all,

I have tried clean installing numerous times, both with Revo Uninstaller and BitRemover, but with zero success. Each time I try to re-install and run GB, it hangs at the "Close Background Programs" screen. Any help would be mucho appreciated.

I am running Windows XP, Service Pack 3, if that information helps any.

Hi cdewar

Did you close down GameBooster completely before running the clean uninstall?

Perhaps a restart of the computer with the setting that it should not start up with Windows.

After you had uninstalled did you then check if the GB folder was deleted in your C:/programs/IObit folder?

Please also check your C:/Documents&Settings/user name - for references to GameBooster and delete any you may find.

Then run a registry clean, perhaps throw in a restart - and then Install the new version of the program from a fresh download where you have removed the blocking.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello all,

I have tried clean installing numerous times, both with Revo Uninstaller and BitRemover, but with zero success. Each time I try to re-install and run GB, it hangs at the "Close Background Programs" screen. Any help would be mucho appreciated.

I am running Windows XP, Service Pack 3, if that information helps any.

Archived