IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

An apology ... and a brief explanation to solbjerg.

--mom--

I sincerely apologize for posting a different problem in the wrong section of the forum.

The reason the 'problem' occurred was because the thread was about a laptop that was so infected with malware that it would shut down almost immediately after starting. In order to post or do anything here, I had to use my desktop. So, throughout this whole process, I have been using both the laptop and the desktop interchangeably. After following instructions that I was to be doing on the laptop, I performed one of the same installations on the desktop because it sounded like a good idea (and I had time). After I did it, I had 'second thoughts' about doing it and 'restored' the desktop back a day (which I think eliminated the updated program and restored the old program). Because I had mentioned it in the post listing all the steps I had completed, I thought I had better let evilfantasy know that there was no problem...that I had fixed what I thought I might have done incorrectly on the desktop computer.

I'm really sorry ... truly.

There's nothing that I know of that's wrong with my desktop, so I don't need to post a thread about 'mom's desktop', ... but I did need to post this apology and explanation.

Hi mom :grin:

I can't speak for solbjerg and I'm sure he will reply as soon as he makes it back here.

Just know this : updating Java on your Desktop was actually a great idea. Outdated Java runtime programs are a security threat to any computer, because they have flaws the bad guys can exploit. That said, it isn't a huge or immediate threat ; it all depends where and how you surf, basically.

One more thing : you had the urge to update Java on the Desktop before asking the helper. So you did. The computer was running fine afterwards, correct ? Ok, so you had second thoughts and reverted. You just need to take things slow. Using System Restore shouldn't be done arbitrarily because it is a complex task for Windows to accomplish properly. My point : just wait for the green light from someone who knows this stuff, instead of going on "instincts" or even adrenaline ; yep, an infected computer at your fingertips can and does rattle your thought process.

All is well, no harm done. evilfantasy will be along soon and help you make the correct changes to your Desktop, if you ask him.

Be cool, help is on the way ;-)

===

Hi -- mom--

I agree with So_sad

No need for an apology!

My only errand just was to suggest to keep the issues separate, as evilfantasy is trying to guide you through the cleaning of your daughter's laptop.

No big issue though :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I sincerely apologize for posting a different problem in the wrong section of the forum.

The reason the 'problem' occurred was because the thread was about a laptop that was so infected with malware that it would shut down almost immediately after starting. In order to post or do anything here, I had to use my desktop. So, throughout this whole process, I have been using both the laptop and the desktop interchangeably. After following instructions that I was to be doing on the laptop, I performed one of the same installations on the desktop because it sounded like a good idea (and I had time). After I did it, I had 'second thoughts' about doing it and 'restored' the desktop back a day (which I think eliminated the updated program and restored the old program). Because I had mentioned it in the post listing all the steps I had completed, I thought I had better let evilfantasy know that there was no problem...that I had fixed what I thought I might have done incorrectly on the desktop computer.

I'm really sorry ... truly.

There's nothing that I know of that's wrong with my desktop, so I don't need to post a thread about 'mom's desktop', ... but I did need to post this apology and explanation.

Archived