IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Explorer.exe Restarts [SOLVED]

wrexe

Hey everyone,

When i go into my back up directory through about 6 folders to get the one i want to access to retrieve backed up images,

my Exploror.exe restarts and i have to try again. The same thing happens each time i try, it is so frustrating.

Can anyone shed any light on this situation.

Win 7, 32bit.

Intel i5 750 @ 2.67GHz

4 GB DDR3 RAM

P75PP LX motherboard

Seagate Desktop 1TB external HD

I can access the files while going through Adobe CS4 Bridge but not through Explorer. Hope thats enough info.

wrexe

google chrome is ok as long as not default, but google toolbar plays random havoc with ie8.

all i can say is reset ie8 then re add the manage add-ons one by one to see what happens.

[ to reset ie8 goto tools- internet options - adv tab- reset button]

[to manage add ons goto tools - manage addons, then in status colum one by one click to enable]

Yes it can vary.

I think it may be down to the folder size, i have about 5GB worth of NEF files in the folder, but i have many other folders with a lot of NEF files too,

but none as big as the folder i need to access.

All others contain 100mb to 3GB worth and they do not restart the processes, so now is the dilemma of accessing the folder to get rid of some stuff so it is not so big,

do you think safe mode could help?

Everything Search

You could try installing Everything Search and searching for the folder you are trying to reach in the end, then open the folder from there and move some stuff out.

This might work but I'm not sure, worth a try.

Everything is lite and handy to have around anyway :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Safemode and CHKDSK didn't help.

Everything Search did! It gave me just enough time to open the folder, select some files and cut them out and paste them in a new folder, i did this 3 times and it works!

Thanks for all your help everyone, you are all Legends! :mrgreen:

You can now lock this thread and call it 'Solved'

Many Thanks from me,

wrexe

You could try installing Everything Search and searching for the folder you are trying to reach in the end, then open the folder from there and move some stuff out.

This might work but I'm not sure, worth a try.

Everything is lite and handy to have around anyway :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Search Everything Is the coolest App. I use it nearly every day. Thanks woz. I think it should be in the other software section. I tell all my friends about it and they all love the tool. It beats the search feature in Windows XP3 200%. Thanks friend for introducing it to me a while back.===garybear

Archived