IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Local Disk (D:) is gone ..

Jamie67

Went to My Computer to do a Disk clean up and seen that my Local Disk D was gone .. The Icon wasn't there .. Went to all my cleaners and Disk D does not show on any of them .. Doe's that with De-frag also .. My PC seems to be running ok just wanted to know if this was en issue to be concerned with .. Thanks for taking a look .. Jamie67 ..

Windows XP Home edition ..

Mozilla Firefox 3.6

E-machines w-3650

Hi Jamie

Also have you tried in folder options to place a tick in show hidden files and folders and see if that helps?

A chkdsk is also a possiblity - or even a sfc /scannow

Cheers

solbjerg

Is the Disk "D" only a partition of the actual hard drive?

-Mel

Hey Melvin_Deal

Thanks for the Reply .. I did a screen shot with fast stone capture but don't know how to post it .. I saved it to a folder .. how do I show it to you .. The only thing I can tell you is that I went to start < my computer< and saw or seen that the I con for Disk "D" was not there .. when I went to AVG .. or Disk Defrag or other cleaners "D" does not Exist for cleaning .. Does not show up anywhere .. As far as Disk "D" Being a partition of the actual hard drive I guess I would have to yes or maybe cause when I go to do a disk clean up it shows Disc © and (e) .. In Icon or thumbnail for (D) It's gone .. But like I stated before .. PC seems to be running great .. If you don't think this needs a look at I 'm not going to worry about it .. I just don't know where it went to .. ?? .. Thanks .. Jamie67 ..

Screenshot

Hey Melvin_Deal

Thanks for the Reply .. I did a screen shot with fast stone capture but don't know how to post it .. I saved it to a folder .. how do I show it to you .. The only thing I can tell you is that I went to start < my computer< and saw or seen that the I con for Disk "D" was not there .. when I went to AVG .. or Disk Defrag or other cleaners "D" does not Exist for cleaning .. Does not show up anywhere .. As far as Disk "D" Being a partition of the actual hard drive I guess I would have to yes or maybe cause when I go to do a disk clean up it shows Disc © and (e) .. In Icon or thumbnail for (D) It's gone .. But like I stated before .. PC seems to be running great .. If you don't think this needs a look at I 'm not going to worry about it .. I just don't know where it went to .. ?? .. Thanks .. Jamie67 ..

Screenshot, How To @ Usage of IObit Products - Screenshots and Attachments in the Forum

Just in case, and sorry if this is too obvious, but I have to ask......

(D:) on my computer is my external HardDrive and doesn't show anywhere unless I have it plugged in.

Are you sure you didn't see (D:) when you had an external HardDrive plugged in ?

Or, if you always have an external HardDrive plugged in, maybe one of the plugs has worked loose.

One more thought, did you recently un-install Macrium reflect or any software like that ?

Macrium allows you to allocate and change the drive names and it will allow you to see hidden drives and partitions. If you un-install Macrium completely the names revert back to default and are hidden again.

I accidentally changed the name of the eRecovery partition on my NetBook and had to completely un-install Macrium to get back to default, then install Macrium again (there is probably an easier way but I gave up looking :roll: )

By the way, what is your (E:) is it a Flashdrive or Card ?

All the best, woz of oz

Hi Jamie

You could just try chkdsk.exe written in Run or try chkdsk D: (there are different switches /p /r /f)

Also in Run you can try to find it by writing D:\ and then navigate to the command.

Or just write D: and hit enter, it will then show you what you have present in D: if that disk or partition is present.

The sfc /scannow (precisely as written) in Run is also a possibility

Hidden files and folders option is to be found in Start/Control panel/Folder Options and the tab View.

There is also a command for it in Run, - take a look at the list of useful commands in Usage of IObit Products (link in my signature)

control.exe folders Opens Folder Options (notice space between "exe folders")

Please read the whole thread!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. if you write D: in search it will shown you what you have on your computer in that location.

Hey Solbjerg ..

I went to try a disc check for (D) but the Icon wasn't there so I couldn't run one .. Might I ask to where to go for the Hidden files and folders .. ?? .. or sfc/ scannow .. Thank you ..

Jamie ..

Sorry so long on reply .. Nothing has been added on PC .. It's all standard .. Went and did a check to see if all folders and files was checked and it is .. I did the Run D: I put the screen shot up so you could see what it says .. ( No external Hard drive Added ) .. I haven't Deleted anything .. Thanks again for you're time on this .. Jamie67 ..

Hi Jamie

Sorry but the pictures are too small - I can't read them.

IS your D: drive an external hard drive??

Did the search find anything in D:

Cheers

solbjerg

Sorry so long on reply .. Nothing has been added on PC .. It's all standard .. Went and did a check to see if all folders and files was checked and it is .. I did the Run D: I put the screen shot up so you could see what it says .. ( No external Hard drive Added ) .. I haven't Deleted anything .. Thanks again for you're time on this .. Jamie67 ..

Hi Solbjerg .. sorry bout the pictures ..

When I did the search it said Folder D does not exist .. I do not have any added Drives on this PC .. Its completely stock .. All I can tell you is I went to start .. My computer .. It shows Hard Disk Drives .. Local Disk Drive (C:) and what use to be there Local Disk Drive (D:) .. Just below that Devices with Removable storage .. DVD-RAM drive (E:) .. I also did Run as you said to do chkdsk D: and got nothing there also .. I don't know what to say after this .. I have done everything to try and find it .. But like I said before the pc seems to be running ok .. Boots up fine on start up and loads better then it has in a long time .. Maybe were running circles trying to find something that has no meaning .. I just cant figure out where it went .. Let me know what you think on this I"m sure you have more important things to help others with on you're forum .. Thanks for taking you're already spent time on this .. Take care .. Jamie67 ..

• 1 year later...

Hi nadeenuts

Do you mean that you cannot access any files on the D:\ drive?

Perhaps you can give some readable screenshots?

Cheers

solbjerg

i also have the same prob. i use this iobit and suddenly my local disk D is gone :( HELP! i did not know much about pc. so, anyone?

Archived