IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Looking for advice for XP Internet Security 2010 bug!

moosedude

Having trouble with "XP Internet Security 2010 bug"(av.exe). It is one of those fake anti-virus programs. Not sure where my boy is getting it but I have had to do a total restore twice this month on his computer.

Does any one have any suggestions on any software that i can use to keep this from installing or get rid of it. By the time he tells me about it. It has shut off Avast and will not let anything else run( even in safe mode).

Thanks

• 3 months later...

XP Internet Security 2010

Hi moosedude

U could try ESET Smart Security It can Detect and stop the XP Internet Security 2010 before it installs,

but not all the time.

Pc tools ThreatFire Free Edition can also help by telling u the web page might be infected,

"Not sure where my boy is getting it" XP Internet Securty 2010 infects many web pages across the web. pc gaming sites, and Adult web sites, ect The program is installed without your consent, when u click on the infected page.

The best way not to get Internet Security 2010 is to thry to Aviod such sites,

and to use ESET Smart Security or Pc tools ThreatFire Free Edition,

Yours Snoopy2010 , Stupid Guy Here ,3H48002Y4, Former Iobit user, and who ever else I am today or tommrow?

Excuse me.. i know I am on the same page but I tried to follow the link that you posted and I can't seem to open it. I am not familiar with the procedures so please pardon for the mistake.

As to my experience you can't reboot windows xp into safe mode.. This is what I have encountered in my Computer. But I have found the work around.. I click the last good boot and follow the instructions on the screen.

<Link Removed>

As to my experience you can't reboot windows xp into safe mode.. This is what I have encountered in my Computer. But I have found the work around.. I click the last good boot and follow the instructions on the screen.

<Link Removed>

win. xp can boot into safe mode by tapping the F8 key on start up

Archived