IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag not starting with windows 7!

Hi habylab

Which version are you trying to install, please.

uninstalls/reinstalls should preferably be Clean Installs

description of that procedure in the links in my signature

Cheers

solbjerg

I have tried countless uninstalls/reinstalls. Still not working, please help!

Also, seen talk of a beta, where can I get hold of this?

Ok habylab

Seeing signatures is an option in the user CP - but it refers to a couple of posts in the thread Usage of IObit Products

From your description of your procedure I just then want to know if you checked that the program file folder under Programs/IObit was deleted too?

Cheers

solbjerg

Firstly, I cant see your signature. And i did do clean installs, even using revo uninstaller, always! Latest, version whatever it is 1.40.

Clean Install

Welcome to the forum habylab :smile:

If you are unsure how to do a Clean Install, go to Usage of IObit Products - Over the top/Clean install

Do you have Advanced System Care installed as well ?

If yes, then try this:

• Launch Advanced System Care

• Select Utilities

• Select Admin Tools

• Select Startup Manager

• Click on Add a Program... (top left)

• Select My Computer in the pop-up window

• Open (C:)

• Open Program Files

• Open IObit

• Open IObit Smart Defrag (folder)

• Select IObit Smart Defrag (.exe)

To show Signatures:

User CP (on the bar near the top of any page)

Edit Options (on the left)

Thread Display Options

• Tick Show Signatures

All the best, woz of oz

Win 7

Does tis relate to you ?

User Account Control prevents programs that require elevated (run as administrator) permission or an administrator password from running automatically when Windows 7 starts. If a program is blocked, you'll see a message in the notification area that says some startup programs need permission to run. You can then right click on the notification area message and either select to run the blocked program by giving UAC permission, remove the blocked program from the startup program list, or ignore the notification and not run the program.

From Window SevenForums @

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1401-startup-programs-change.html

All the best, woz of oz

Hi habylab

I am sorry - I forgot to say that there is also usually a folder in document&setting/username/application data - Smart defrag - that folder should also be deleted.

Cheers

solbjerg

I don't use UAC, thats for peeps who don't know what they are doing! Its the only reason vista and 7 have "improved" security!

Thanks for saying it though, good researching there!

Hi habylab

I am sorry - I forgot to say that there is also usually a folder in document&setting/username/application data - Smart defrag - that folder should also be deleted.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yep I have done this every time I uninstall. I use Revo Uninstaller Pro, so it does it all for me.

Hi habylab,

I just read your title again, and exactly what your problem is...

I thought your problem is not being able to open Smart Defrag or something like that haha

My bad~

Try this. That's how i fixed my Smart Defrag not starting with Windows 7 x64 =P

1) Open "Task Manager" > "Processes" tab > select "IObit SmartDefrag.exe" > "End Process"

2) Open Smart Defrag as Administrator and Try unchecking the "Load automatically at windows startup" option > OK

3) Right click on Smart Defrag > Exit

4) Open Smart Defrag again As Administrator

5) Check the "Load automatically at windows startup" > Apply > OK

6) Exit Smart Defrag again, and restart your computer. See if that solves the problem.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have removed SD finally. I am hoping that IObit is working on a new version as I really like SD. It is just not responding to be active and do its job.

As a few others have found it just sits there.

Again I really like SD and do not wish to find a replacement so I hope a new version is on the way.

KOR-

Archived