IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Task Scheduler question with GB

Hi guys

Im using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, today I was simply browsing the web and talking on Xfire when all of a sudden my windows theme changed from aero to basic, my fans went significantly louder as though I was playing a game or something, I checked task manager and saw my cpu usage spiking 40-100%.

It was winSAT.exe

After some googling I learnt what this was, and have now disabled it in the Task Scheduler.

This is where my question comes in, because whilst I was in task scheduler (never seen it before) I was looking around and found a huge list of scheduled tasks that automatically start, some are everyday.

I dont know whether or not these would launch if I was in the middle of a game, but It wouldnt suprise me if they did and would answer alot of questions if they infact did!

Because the reason I decided to start using Gamebooster, was due to playing Bad Company 2. Most of the time it is very smooth, but every so often, the game will get very sluggish as though something is running in the back ground and my PC struggles, real annoying.

So yes finally, now you know my situation fully, my question is:

Does GameBooster "Gaming Mode" disable ALL of these Task Scheduled services/programmes, so aslong as Gaming Mode is active, No scheduled tasks will launch?

If not, could you make it so that it does do that, because, I looked through them all and I dont even know what most of them mean and I dont feel very confident to disable every single schedule in the task schedule.

Sorry for the long post, just trying to get the best possible gaming experience and if programmes/services are automatically launching whilst im playing a game, its not very convenient!

Thank you for reading this far :)

Hi Xanity,

If you let us know the scheduled events, services/programmes, perhaps one user may make a recommandation.

Game Booster's "gaming mode" stops the Task Scheduling service by default, so the result will be, no scheduled task will launch.

Cheers.

Excellent, excellent!

I would have gone into it alot more if Gamebooster did not do what you just said.

As I deffinately would not want all of those possibly happening whilst in game.

However, as this tool is so great, I dont even need to care. :lol:

Thanks so much, for the tool & reply

Archived