IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC & Smart Defrag...

Angahran

I have both Advanced SystemCare and Smart Defrag installed.

However, when I click the Smart Defrag icon on the TuneUp page of ASC it opens my browser and tells me to download SmartDefrag.

Is there any way to tell ASC that I already have SmartDefrag and have that icon actually open Smart Defrag ?

Thanks.

Hi Angahran

Just one additional question -

Do you in the settings have "Use Smart Defrag" ticked?

Cheers

solbjerg

I have both Advanced SystemCare and Smart Defrag installed.

However, when I click the Smart Defrag icon on the TuneUp page of ASC it opens my browser and tells me to download SmartDefrag.

Is there any way to tell ASC that I already have SmartDefrag and have that icon actually open Smart Defrag ?

Thanks.

Hi solbjerg, although Angahran has not stated the type of his IObit softwares if they are free or pro, smart defrag function is available as free in SD1.40.

If the ASC is the free version, then smart defrag option in it is disabled.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

:-) Yes - so you keep reminding me - I seem to forget regularly :-)

Perhaps I ought to have the IObit free versions on my other machine :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg, although Angahran has not stated the type of his IObit softwares if they are free or pro, smart defrag function is available as free in SD1.40.

If the ASC is the free version, then smart defrag option in it is disabled.

Cheers.

I have ASC3 Pro version.

I don't see any 'settings' option, there is an 'options' option if that is what you mean.

Under Options - Diagnose System - Disk Defragment there is a tick box for 'Enable Smart Defragment', which is ticked.

I cannot find any other mention of defragment in the options menu.

Even if I go and open smart defrag from the start menu, if I then select the smart defrag icon from ASC3 it still opens the website.

Thanks for the link to the installation thread, but it had nothing about this problem.

Ang.

Hi Angahran

Sorry - under Options you have some choices on witch settings to choose :-)

Could you please try to refresh the "Use smart defrag" setting i.e. remove the tick /accept -place the tick again /accept and then OK

I have seen this "hang" behaviour once in a while in Windows too.

If that doesn't do the trick, please try a "Clean Install" (description in my signature) - possibly of both programs.

Remember to save your username and the activation code. Or perhaps you still have it in your mail?

Cheers

solbjerg

I have ASC3 Pro version.

I don't see any 'settings' option, there is an 'options' option if that is what you mean.

Under Options - Diagnose System - Disk Defragment there is a tick box for 'Enable Smart Defragment', which is ticked.

I cannot find any other mention of defragment in the options menu.

Even if I go and open smart defrag from the start menu, if I then select the smart defrag icon from ASC3 it still opens the website.

Thanks for the link to the installation thread, but it had nothing about this problem.

Ang.

Archived