IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 3 version 3.5.1 is released [Updated April 6th, 2010]

enoskype

http://www.iobit.com/images/asc_free/asc_logo.png Advanced SystemCare 3.5.1 is available.

The Setup File is for both FREE and PRO editions.

.......http://www.iobit.com/Images/Contents_Right_Solutions_Button_2.gif

from MajorGeeks (asc-setup.exe size: 7008KB) (AWC.exe version : 3.5.1.707) UPDATED (asc-setup.exe size 7017KB)

Advanced SystemCare Update History

-------------------------------------

v3.5.1

+ Updated Internet Booster

+ Improved Turbo Boost

* Fixed general bugs

NOTE: The Check for Update is now back on the bottom right of ASC's interface.

Internet Booster

v3.5.1

+ Updated Internet Booster

+ Improved Turbo Boost

* Fixed general bugs

Thanks for the heads up Sunny and enoskype :smile:

Hi enoskype, do you know what has been done to Internet Booster ?

Do you think I should run Internet Booster again and visit SpeedGuide.net to do my fine tuning ?

All the best, woz of oz

Hi Guys!

Hi sunny,

Other than update link being put to GUI again, I did not notice any change. (Turbo Boost and Internet Booster excluded.)

Sorry, I don't use Norton, so I don't know if that problem is solved or not.

Hi woz,

They have added (Click here to test your bandwidth) link into Internet Booster to test the speed between you and the nearest Speedtest.Net host server to you.

There is no need to change anything if you get the same results from SpeedGuide.Net.

Hi Mastaclocksetta,

This has been brought up before, and I think there is more than to change the name of the exe. Perhaps, IObit may change it in ASC version 4 though.

Cheers.

Hi Mastaclocksetta

:-) Have you tried renaming your own AWC.exe into ASC.exe to see if the program then works? (if you dare) :-)

(Make a restore point beforehand)

If it doesn't work rename it back!

Possibly uninstall (clean) and install again (clean)

(Just to test for your own peace of mind :-) )

Cheers

solbjerg

Next time you guys update ASC, please change the filename from AWC.exe to ASC.exe, because AWC stands for Advanced WindowsCare, the former name of this program. ASC.exe is a better filename since that would stand for the program's current name.

They have added (Click here to test your bandwidth) link into Internet Booster to test the speed between you and the nearest Speedtest.Net host server to you.

Hi enoskype,

I don't think that is the change because that line (Click here to test your bandwidth) was there in the previous version as well.

and the TradChinese installation language is still not fixed :sad:

Hi Mastaclocksetta,

Having the process name change is not just a quick name change. Since "AWC.exe" is trust all over the net, having it change to "ASC.exe", you will need to let all the antivirus know it's a new process. (Otherwise, they will all detect "ASC.exe" as a threat)

So, it's more than just changing the name itself.

Added NOTE to first post.

NOTE: The Check for Update is now back on the bottom right of ASC's interface.

Cheers.

Hi all,

We changed (Click here to test your bandwidth) to (Click here to test your bandwidth).

That's all. Users can easier to find out the link:grin:

oh haha. Just the colors then.

Thank you itobe :mrgreen:

And can you take a look at THIS thread and maybe have a fix for the next version? =)

Cheers.

Went well here

So, I installed the update, and instantly IE popped up and redirected my current webpage to http://www.freenew.net/.

I am not happy.

Bad, bad move, IObit.

That didn't happen with me but Opera is my default browser if that makes a difference.

I just checked IE and my homepage has not been changed

Also I downloaded and then manually installed with nothing else running except security, I did have internet connection at the time.

Did you download then manually install or download and automatically install/run ?

All the best, woz of oz

Hi Guys,

I think danburrito means that as soon as the ASC is installed, it triggers IE to open the www.freenew.net site if your default browser is IE.

It doesn't change the Home Page though.

Cheers.

enoskype is correct.

@wozofoz: downloaded, then installed manually

@ sunny staines: probably, still a bad move in my opinion

Freenew.net

Hi Guys,

I think danburrito means that as soon as the ASC is installed, it triggers IE to open the www.freenew.net site if your default browser is IE.

It doesn't change the Home Page though.

Cheers.

Hi all,

enoskype is right, it will not change our Home Page.

The freenew.net is a new but useful site. We have test it than decide to help them. Why not take a look at it and have a try? (Sorry, this is not a spam!!! hehe).

Cheers

Hi itobe :smile:

While you are browsing the forum did you happen to see This Thread .

All the best, woz of oz

Hi wozofoz,

I am sorry for my dullness. :shock:

I read this thread instantaneously when see your kindly remind.

Thank you all. It is really great idea.

Cheers friends.

Hello im having Problems with this Program with ZoneAlarm Extreme Security v9.1.507.000 most of the time when i restart and turn the pc back on i always have to change the settings all over with ZoneAlarm Extreme Security as it always cleans the settings or something can you's plz come out with a new build so this problem don't keep happening ty, other then that everything works good (so i don't get asked what Windows im using and its happening i'm on "XP Home 32bit with SP3")

Zone Alarm bug!

Hi Cisco,

FYI,

I use ZoneAlarm Pro v9.1.507.000 and same thing happened to me too with this new version of ZA.

But it happens independent of ASC, as it happens without using ASC. My preference is that, ASC does not start with Windows.

I think it is a bug of the new ZA version.

I am testing the ZA now to see if it happens again.

Cheers.

Archived