IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't Load Windows 2000 Server after cleaning

mquintana

Hi Comunity,

How can I restore Windows 2000 Server.

I cleaned it using Advanced System Care but can't reach the desktop anymore.

I can't boot in safe mode and Win2000 server doesn't not has the System Restore feature neither.

Does ASC a Boot LiveCD? if not, how could I solve this issue? I can log into Windows but can't reach the desktop, just see a blue background and no icons.

Thanks in advanced,

Miguel

Hi mquintana.

If you are running server 2000 and have clients... maybe you can access the data and save to disc through one of the clients... then reinstall. unless ser 2000 doesn't recognize them, or the clients cannot access. I hope you don't have all the data in the one HD. You do have a back up with the data???

You should find new software anyway. Your motor just threw a tie rod. ASC is not designed to run on that platform... hardly any is anymore.

You can find information about the Operating Systems that ASC supports by clicking on the Usage of Iobit products thread in my signature.

Good luck!!

-Mel

Hi there Miguel :-D

I gather you have the Windows 2000 CD with you ?

Sounds like Explorer isn't loading. You can try something simple :

- Start the machine. You'll get that empty background.

- Bring up Task Manager by pressing these next keys together, then release them :

"CTRL" - "ALT" - "DEL"

- This should bring up a Task Manager window.

- Once in Task Manager, click the "Applications" tab (up top).

- Click on the "New task..." button (bottom) ;

- Type explorer in the box and click OK

Does this give you your Desktop back ?

If nothing works, you could ultimately do a repair install ; this would not erase any data or programs already on the machine. But we're not there yet.

===

If you are running server 2000 and have clients... maybe you can access the data and save to disc through one of the clients... then reinstall. unless ser 2000 doesn't recognize them, or the clients cannot access. I hope you don't have all the data in the one HD. You do have a back up with the data???

You should find new software anyway. Your motor just threw a tie rod. ASC is not designed to run on that platform... hardly any is anymore.

You can find information about the Operating Systems that ASC supports by clicking on the Usage of Iobit products thread in my signature.

Good luck!!

-Mel

No problem restoring the data. I can use a LiveCD.

The thing is I cannot install some softwares again :(

And I don't have the Windows 2000 server installer.

But this computer is not working now as a server but as a Win SBS 2003 workstation

Hi there Miguel :-D

I gather you have the Windows 2000 CD with you ?

Sounds like Explorer isn't loading. You can try something simple :

- Start the machine. You'll get that empty background.

- Bring up Task Manager by pressing these next keys together, then release them :

"CTRL" - "ALT" - "DEL"

- This should bring up a Task Manager window.

- Once in Task Manager, click the "Applications" tab (up top).

- Click on the "New task..." button (bottom) ;

- Type explorer in the box and click OK

Does this give you your Desktop back ?

If nothing works, you could ultimately do a repair install ; this would not erase any data or programs already on the machine. But we're not there yet.

===

Thanks!

But I tried typing explorer.exe and nothing....Even I copied a explorer.exe file from a Win XP and this not solve the issue neither :(

Currently I don't have the Win 2000 server CD in english or spanish. I just have it in Russian !! and I don't understand anything.

Do you think you I can recover the installation? I don't have any Emergency disk

Archived