IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New option possible in a future version ?

r00t

Dear Smartdefrag-creators,

Is there possible in a future to put an option in smartdefrag, to let me choose a file(s) and/or director(y/ies), which i wants to move at the beginning of the disk ?

Reason, why i'm asking:

If sbdy have a slower computer, and he runs a program with bigger data-base or other big amount of program-component, if he can move its/this files/directory to the beginning of the disk, then program can run a bit faster - because disks read data fastest from the begginning of the disk...

Ty, SmartDefrag is the coolest defrag tool i've ever seen ! ;)

p.s.: another question: is possible to put an estimation(recursive,etc..) algorythm, for expecting how long the defragmentaton process will work?

New Features/Ideas

Is it possible to look at the successful defrag programs and take their best features into this one?

- Norton organized files based upon use

- boot info/files to the very "front"

- accessed often "next"

- rarely modified "next" w/free clusters to expand

- most often modified "next" w/free clusters to expand

- Windows "required" stuff in the "middle" of the drive (swap/mft/registry)

- almost "never" accessed to the very end of the drive (inside)

- wipe "free" areas

- What about choices for the defrag

- full

- partial with file defrag

- partial with file/folder defrag

- quick (just defrag files)

- system recommendation based upon usage

- Also, would be nice if...

- defrag could actually defrag the "system" special files w/o having to reboot into a "special" defrag session. Why is this required? Win98/se did not seemingly have to do this w/Norton Speed disk

- keep the defrag, summary, analysis screens clean. DK v2008 as well as O&O v10 are very busy, way too much information.

Sorry IO developers... a lot here to consider.

Archived